How can I convert .aff or .wav to .aif (one F)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a library that requires .aif and specifically states they won't accept .aiff but when I try and google converters that would do that, the search engine keeps switching to .aiff
What gives? anybody?
tia :?

Could try audacity or just rename the file?

Thanks for the response arkmabot. Do you mean rename as in removing one of the f's in .aiff? I started to try that but thought there must be some technical difference between the two for these people to ask for it or I would think they'd just say get rid of an F. :)
I was considering audacity but saw no mention of .aif specifically. only .aiff in their features list.

AFAIK there no difference between the two just as there is no difference between .tif and .tiff images.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks for the input guys. I can't find any game changing difference either when I googled it .I'll upload the file maybe even remove an F from the double F in the ext and see if his upload system takes or rejects it.If it's rejected, C'est la vie. I'll just move on.

http://www.fileinfo.com/
is another useful site, though it has some omissions; sfz for example

like to hear if dropping the 'f' works. All I have to do is find some, probably on the older Computer Music Discs IIRC.

bob bobwood wrote:http://www.fileinfo.com/
is another useful site, though it has some omissions; sfz for example

like to hear if dropping the 'f' works. All I have to do is find some, probably on the older Computer Music Discs IIRC.
Thanks for the link bob. I bookmarked it. That was pretty interested in that it states that .aiff is" Standard AIFF files use a sampling rate of "44.1KHz, are 16-bit"
I may be waaay off but I'm thinking maybe .aiff essentially becomes .aif when it's 48khz instead of 44khz at least as far as how it can be used is concerned.
I'mgoing to try and upload it this afternoon. The guy says uploading anything other than .aif(one F) would trigger an error message so I'll know for sure.

dblock wrote:Got a library that requires .aif and specifically states they won't accept .aiff but when I try and google converters that would do that, the search engine keeps switching to .aiff
What gives? anybody?
have you tried these guys?
http://www.chickensys.com/products2/translator/
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
dblock wrote:Got a library that requires .aif and specifically states they won't accept .aiff but when I try and google converters that would do that, the search engine keeps switching to .aiff
What gives? anybody?
have you tried these guys?
http://www.chickensys.com/products2/translator/
Thanks for the suggestion Hink but I'm definitely not looking for all that.

I lost track of this thread, did renaming it work?

I had this executable .jar file once that kept opening like a folder. I finally figured out that if I made a new .zip folder and dumped the .jar files that open into the .zip and then renamed that .zip to .jar... It turned into a working executable finally!

arkmabat wrote:I lost track of this thread, did renaming it work?
I'm going to try it now first just uploading the .aiff 48khz. If it doesn't take it or I get some errorthing, I'll tryingtaking an F off the extension.

EDIT ...I did notice though that taking the F off didn't cause my Goldwave software to see it as anything different than.aiff

Ok I uploaded the .aiff file with no problem but what is interesting is that before I uploaded it to their site, I hovered over the .aiff file with the mouse, it says, ".aiff format". When I took that same file and dragged and dropped it into the library's upload box,it show the file as .aif (only 1 F). Even more,I also dragged it into my Goldwave conversion software and it too identified it as .aif (one F).I originally exported the file fromCubase7 using the .aiff choice which is the only aiff choice it has (no aif with one F)

Right found some .aiff files on CM115.
Renamed as .aif, played in FLStudio and in Windows Media Player just fine.

So I thought why not go the whole hog and rename it .wav and that plays fine in Windows Media Player but is a no go in FLStudio.
Back to batch conversion for that.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”