Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus & Gross Beat - OS X VST Alpha Testing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, we have Alphas for Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus and Gross Beat available as native 32 Bit OS X VST plugins.

Check the news item for links here

Anyone can create an Image-Line account to access them from the forum. Image-Line Customers, who have moved over to OS X, and are missing these plugins can let us know how they perform. Please remember these are in Alpha stage.

64 Bit versions will be along later.

You should be able to use the 32 Bit AU version of Minihost Modular to bridge these in AU compatible hosts also.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Sytrus is still one of the best sounding synths ever made.
Absolutely love it, so it's great news to see it come to OSX.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:Sytrus is still one of the best sounding synths ever made.
Absolutely love it, so it's great news to see it come to OSX.
^^ this ^^ :tu:

Can't wait to test it in Cubase 7.5 on the Macbook later.

Sytrus awesome - now it just needs to be bigger

aMUSEd wrote:Sytrus awesome - now it just needs to be bigger
Very much +1

I know I'm getting old, but even for a 20 year old's eyesight, this is fecking small.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Just tested in Tracktion 5. Sytrus loads and plays but moving any gui control results in noise and the XY is stuck and will not move.

Presets are all in one huge dropdown - impossible to navigate

aMUSEd wrote:Just tested in Tracktion 5. Sytrus loads and plays but moving any gui control results in noise and the XY is stuck and will not move.

Presets are all in one huge dropdown - impossible to navigate
The Preset display is just an Alpha thing.

Thanks for the info.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

cant wait to get my dirty mitts on sytrus again.

i left windows two years ago but part of my heart is still left with FL studio

Sytrus is one plugin that would benefit greatly from a GUI revamp, now that they're at it with FL Studio. Mmmmm...Sytrus 2, please? 8)

Seems there is much love and compliment about Sytrus, but what about Harmor ?

I' for one, would be really interested on an OSX development of this highly reputed additive resynthesizer after al the goods i've read about the quality it resynthesis engine !

Some bugs ...

Plugins updated today with bugfixes.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=125055

Changes
(alpha 2)
- UI-code optimized to use less CPU
- Preset menus open much faster
- Sytrus: Analyze/Export waveform now works
- Sytrus: XY modulation works

Regards Scott

plauto wrote:Some bugs ...

...will be fixed in the next update.

Regards Scott

A GUI bug in reaper:

The GUI for Sytrus is drawn a few hundred pixels above and to the left of the window that is supposed to contain it, meaning that it covers the close/minimize/maximize controls at the top left of the window frame, and therefor is impossible to close. The positioning corrects itself if you open a new application while reaper is active, but the sytrus GUI is drawn over anything on the screen, regardless of whether reaper/sytrus is the active app.

Apart from this, the UI is responsive and the sound is fine. The bug is present in both alpha versions.

Thanks so much for taking the time to port these things. : )

Image-Line wrote:Plugins updated today with bugfixes.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=125055

Changes
(alpha 2)
- UI-code optimized to use less CPU
- Preset menus open much faster
- Sytrus: Analyze/Export waveform now works
- Sytrus: XY modulation works

Regards Scott
XY works fine now but the other controls still make crackles when I try and use them.

I can't seem to touch anything on the gui in Energy XT 2 - this looks like a carbon thing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”