Cinco de Mayo deals at Presonus...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

CTStump wrote:Still you've got admire their tenacity of getting the most out of the $5 they spent. :D
Damn straight. :)

I'm sure I'll upgrade at some point to Producer, had loads of fun last night playing with S1. Out of curiosity I did try the dll renaming hack but doesn't work anymore, would probably feel a little cheap using it anyway, I have some morals. :)

Having Reaktor and Guitar Rig working though expands it immensely, wonder if Presonus would consider that a hack too? I guess not, I'm sure they could expand their validation to ascertain which version you're using if they wanted?

jrrshop now has 50% off artist to pro upgrades:
http://www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio- ... sional-2-0

discount appears in the cart

I was so busy that I missed this!! If anyone didn't like it (for some reason) I'd be interested in buying off of you for a profit. Such a good deal!

GaryG wrote:Having Reaktor and Guitar Rig working though expands it immensely, wonder if Presonus would consider that a hack too? I guess not, I'm sure they could expand their validation to ascertain which version you're using if they wanted?
My personal guess is that they probably don't care all that much because there's still no way to use 3rd party audio plugs with Artist and sooner or later many using it will want to use their commercial audio plugs, so many will probably end up upgrading anyway if they like the product.

Their strategy seems to be largely based on exposure, getting lots of people to go "hands on" with it pretty inexpensively, and letting the product's general workflow do the rest. It wouldn't surprise me if upgrades of Studio One from Artist greatly outnumber direct purchases of Producer or Pro.

The regular sales imply to me that they really have a lot of confidence in how many people will actually feel about the product, after using it for a bit.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”