Cinco de Mayo deals at Presonus...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

arkmabat wrote:anyone have any luck with the guitar amp sim in artist? it sounds awful to me :/
It can be good in some situations. Don't care for this metal pack. S-gear is far superior.

sqigls wrote:damn, missed out.
anyone got a couple of extra licenses they want to sell? :P
Was fluffing around trying to pay with paypal... couldn't to get a paypal option up. Decided I'll just do the CC thing, so when I went in again (same day) the promo had finished :neutral: Aw well, money saved :hihi:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Numanoid wrote:
interesting, thanks for testing!
I only got this for a potential later upgrade to producer, but if kontakt/reaktor/GR5 are entirely useable, this might be the best 5$ i've spent in a long time! those 3 should cover the majority of any synth/drums/effects you might want ;)
Yeah, very cool that this seems to work :)

But do you need to reinstall, or just copy the dll's into the S1 Artist plugin folder?

I think 65% of my HDD is devoted to Kontakt libs so there will be no shortage of ammunition to input into S1 Artist :D
No need to reinstall - just create the Vstplugins folder in the location I mentioned and place copies of the Kontakt, Reaktor and GR .dlls in there.

Interesting idea about renaming other VSTs as EZDrummer.dll. I will try this later with Image Line's Mini Host - if that works, game over :).

bharris22 wrote:Interesting idea about renaming other VSTs as EZDrummer.dll. I will try this later with Image Line's Mini Host - if that works, game over :).
Wow, that's a smart one indeed :o

I sense a quick update from PreSonus should that one work out :D

SparkySpark wrote:Not that I'm complaining on 5 bucks, :) but is there away around the VST limitation?
Virtual Audio Cable.

Well, I just tried renaming IL Mini Host dll to ezdrummer.dll and putting it in the Vstplugins folder and no luck. Not only that, but when I put the real ezdrummer.dll back into the folder, it no longer works. That's what I get for being a pig, I guess :). Luckily, the Kore Player and full versions of Reaktor, Kontakt and GR still seem to work fine. I just tried playing Razor within Artist and all went fine . . . .

If I wasn't waiting for my S1 Pro license transfer, sure I would certainly buy the Artist.

Anyway, I ended buying the Metal pack and Goldbaby Essentials. The metal pack, hmmmm, I didn't like it a lot but it is there if I need some noise! On the other hand, Goldbaby Essentials is Gold baby! 8)

bharris22 wrote:Well, I just tried renaming IL Mini Host dll to ezdrummer.dll and putting it in the Vstplugins folder and no luck. Not only that, but when I put the real ezdrummer.dll back into the folder, it no longer works. That's what I get for being a pig, I guess :). Luckily, the Kore Player and full versions of Reaktor, Kontakt and GR still seem to work fine. I just tried playing Razor within Artist and all went fine . . . .
heh they are probably doing some deeper checking in the VST to avoid people doing this.
IIRC in Studio One Artist v1 this was possible (i did it myself!), but I think they put a stop to it with v2.

full kontakt/reaktor/GR is more than enough for me :)

It's all a matter of individual perspective.

One could view the sale as buying S1 Artist for $5 or one could view the sale as getting into S1 Producer for $105 (or less) with the upgrade. The logic of why anyone with 3rd party plugs and instruments would buy Artist and not upgrade it to Producer to use their plugins fully escapes me. :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote:It's all a matter of individual perspective.

One could view the sale as buying S1 Artist for $5 or one could view the sale as getting into S1 Producer for $105 (or less) with the upgrade. The logic of why anyone with 3rd party plugs and instruments would buy Artist and not upgrade it to Producer to use their plugins fully escapes me. :shrug:
I wasn't really interested in getting into another DAW when this sale came along (I already have/use Reaper and Reason). For $5, though, I am trying to see if the restriction of not being able to use most of my VSTs will spur my creativity and allow me to concentrate on making music, rather than auditioning hundreds of VSTs for a particular sound. If I fall in love with Studio One, the inexpensive upgrade path is certainly something that I am glad I now have, but for the moment the challenge is to use the relatively limited tools in Artist and force myself to focus. Of course, having worked around the challenge somewhat by getting Kontakt, Reaktor and GR to work within Artist, there's not much of a restriction left . . . .

hah almost word for word what I was going to write. A 'closed box' might spur creativity, even though its not quite as closed anymore ;)

LawrenceF wrote:It's all a matter of individual perspective.

Yup, on producer for $75 all in after using plugindiscounts to get an upgrade code. Was very impressed with artist, but would rather pay them to just allow VSTs instead of messing around with dodgy workarounds.

And seriously, if you can afford kontakt, you probably have a few spare pennies for the upgrade now, don't you?

Still you've got admire their tenacity of getting the most out of the $5 they spent. :D

I tried to hold out for a few months but then a sale came along(as they usually do with Studio One) and convinced myself that it was worth another $109 to go pro.... no regrets here.

In this case I'm afraid it's just a matter of time....
Last edited by CTStump on Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I feel weird having spent more on FL Studio than Sonar X3 and Studio One Artist combined lol.
Last edited by arkmabat on Thu May 08, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Even at the cheap price I paid for Sonar X3 a month or so ago, I still feel ripped off. Having no been anywhere near it for years, decided on a whim to get it to complement Live, but had absolutely no idea what was happening. seemed to have to jump through hoops just to get a vst working. Studio one on the other hand, sure, could do with a few more midi effects (or any...) and it's strange insistence on taking over my soundcard or not playing anything if it's in the background is bizarre, but otherwise, brilliant stuff.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”