Liking Cubase 7.5 more every day. Fewer reasons to use ANY 3rd party products...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: Amen! Thank you Mr. Crazy guy. I'm one of the sideliners that understands that these companies aren't gonna move to fix anything because I say so. They'll do it in there own time or in a lot of cases, not at all and just move on to the next version. So I don't even put in tech support requests for bugs because I feel that no one will give a crap anyway.
Although i'm kinda sick of this whole discussion, here are 2 links for you, with the changelog of the latest Cubase versions: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... utions.pdf and http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... issues.pdf

So, no, it is not true that bugs are ignored, and not fixed, and they move on to the nest version... it is a problem though when there are a few people who suffer bugs, which can't be reproduced, thus are not fixed. Software will always have bugs, it's just a question how many people will suffer from these bugs. Major bugs will most likely be fixed.
Thank you chk071.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I think the major thing to be considered is that software companies don't benefit from unhappy customers. They benefit from people buying and using their stuff, and considering Steinberg recently raised the prices for their software, i can't imagine their sales are decreasing... usually it's rather a sign of increased sales, so the general public reception can't be all that bad. And of course they want to sell their stuff, same with any other software or hardware developer.

Compyfox wrote:Instead of constantly saying that I should "shut up", "move on already", "you're on a vendetta" and what not that I got to hear in the last couple of months (years even), I'd ask myself...

"Am I one of those people that actually disturbs the thread just as much?!"

And it should also be aware by now, that even though I do have my issues with Steinberg, that I still use this software and help other users on top of it. The most recent Cubase threads have helpful answers and different viewpoint that I added. So it can't be all hate, disappointment and pestering.

Not to mention - without "crazy people" like me, certain bugs wouldn't be fixed in the first place.

Again - several sides of a medal, chk071.
Several sides...
Compyfox, the main way I know you is your constant bitching about Cubase. You might be a great person who helps people out a lot and I wouldn't know. What I do know is you rape every single Cubase thread with your problems. It's useful for people to have a thread where they can compare your issues to theirs, but please don't ruin every Cubase thread.

Taking your issues up with Steinberg, filing bug reports, and working on your issues are positive things. Sharing information with other Cubase users is positive too, especially when done constructively. Vomiting on every KVR Cubase thread really hurts you more than anyone else. Maybe it's your approach?

Like I said, I don't know you. Maybe you are not the person you appear to be when constantly bitching about Cubase. My guess is you have way more to offer everyone on KVR than constant public rants.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Orbit-50 wrote: If you can point me to a thread so I can see what problems you are having in Cubase that would be cool. I want to see if any of mine line up with yours and I don't want to derail this thread with this. Thanks.
The thread is called "Things I hate about Cubase 7" - it is long, and it is very, very detailed. And it is considered "bullsh*t and Imagination".

I don't bother to start a Wavelab thread. I seem to be one of the rare people here on KVR that is even using that host. And I kind of expected the usual Steinberg reps to highjack KVR anyway... :shrug:

But i wrote in several threads on KVR (mainly those companies I care and beta test for) what my findings were. One of it is being in the U-HE subboard and the statements to the VST3 issues, then I mentioned it several times in Slate Digital threads and most recently in the Tokyo Dawn Labs threads.

chk071 wrote:So, no, it is not true that bugs are ignored, and not fixed, and they move on to the nest version...
Take note that I've never said it like that. I've mentioned several times that bugfixes are not handled within the official cycles, and what Steinberg can't or intentionally won't fix (which clearly looks like that, due to reasons unknown), will be pushed into the next paid release and excused as "can't be reproduced - it's the 3rd party dev's fault".

Not the first time that this has happened, but it basically stares into your face.

chk071 wrote:it is a problem though when there are a few people who suffer bugs, which can't be reproduced, thus are not fixed. Software will always have bugs, it's just a question how many people will suffer from these bugs. Major bugs will most likely be fixed.
Major issues currently with Cubase 7 (still):
- Mix Console (graphic glitches which is sometimes declared as "NVidia fault", the "resize bug" that is still not being fixed, removed hotkeys, "always on top bug" on dual screens - just to name a few)
- ASIO engine (won't be fixed within C7 - mentioned that several times by now)
- Insert Handling (still criticized)
- VST3 support is wonky with third party plugins (what works in Wavelab, doesn't work in Cubase and the other way around)

Major issue with Wavelab 8.0 and due to the fact that I have no access to WL8.5, not to mention Steinberg not further going into this:
- VST3 Audio Forward Bug (Steinberg insists that they can't find anything - yet cut all communication to the developers directly)
- slight glitches with the Batch processing and Loudness Normalisation (I did not encounter this, but I know of this from a fellow engineer)
- the metering tool has an offset of up to 2dB if you use custom values

Neither of these problems were addressed according to the changelogs. Then again the Changelog did not mention the ASIO load issues with Cubase internal plugins and certain funk ups with Remote Control devices.

Sorry, but these are(!) showstoppers that can't be ignored.

Again, just take a dive on GearSlutz. Compared to some of those comments (there are way more Cubase users over there), I am harmless. And it's also no secret that the Steinberg boards had several "connection issues" and "lost users" during/post the release of C7.

billcarroll wrote:Compyfox, the main way I know you is your constant bitching about Cubase. You might be a great person who helps people out a lot and I wouldn't know. What I do know is you rape every single Cubase thread with your problems. It's useful for people to have a thread where they can compare your issues to theirs, but please don't ruin every Cubase thread.
Bitching and raping on one paragraph. Such evil words. :roll:

I don't know users chk071 and standalone either - yet they constantly jump on my back for no apparent reason. Can I call that "raping" as well? Maybe I should invite them over for a hot tea or something - so they can tell me into my face.

Apparently, i recently showed standalone my "made up" and "bullshit" findings in Wavelab. No answer so far - figured as much.

That's the internet I guess. :shrug:

billcarroll wrote:Like I said, I don't know you. Maybe you are not the person you appear to be when constantly bitching about Cubase. My guess is you have way more to offer everyone on KVR than constant public rants.
Then please take note of my other posts. KVR is more than just the host section, you know. Though I'm just as much criticized in other, non 'borg related threads.

I mean... currently I'm heavily involved with the KVR Mix Challenge for example. And due to that, family, Beta Testing and "out of the house jobs", I barely have time to join other threads anymore. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: If you can point me to a thread so I can see what problems you are having in Cubase that would be cool. I want to see if any of mine line up with yours and I don't want to derail this thread with this. Thanks.
The thread is called "Things I hate about Cubase 7" - it is long, and it is very, very detailed. And it is considered "bullsh*t and Imagination".
Awesome. How about you confine your Cubase rants to that thread and leave the rest of us in peace?

Where do you get the time to write so many long posts on KVR? If you are going to invest so much time in posting to KVR, you might focus on the stuff that builds your reputation rather than the rants that destroy it.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

& your reputation as far as I'm concerned, billcarroll, is the 'guy that goes out of his way to bitch about what people do here'.

jancivil wrote:& your reputation as far as I'm concerned, billcarroll, is the 'guy that goes out of his way to bitch about what people do here'.
I take issue with people who ruin this forum for others. Steinberg made a real attempt to connect with users here on KVR, but they have been run off by a few users. This is a negative for every other Cubase user here on KVR, of which I am one.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Awesome. How about you confine your Cubase rants to that thread and leave the rest of us in peace?

Where do you get the time to write so many long posts on KVR? If you are going to invest so much time in posting to KVR, you might focus on the stuff that builds your reputation rather than the rants that destroy it.
I did.
And what did people do? Bitch at me that I did.

Furthermore - how much time I invest into a post is none of your business?! Thank you!

jancivil wrote:& your reputation as far as I'm concerned, billcarroll, is the 'guy that goes out of his way to bitch about what people do here'.
Can't disagree with hat.

billcarroll wrote:I take issue with people who ruin this forum for others. Steinberg made a real attempt to connect with users here on KVR, but they have been run off by a few users. This is a negative for every other Cubase user here on KVR.
Oh yeah... great impression of an official Steinberg representative not answering question and accusing a 19+ year long loyal paying Steinberg user of using cracked versions! With a fellow rep stepping in and smacking into the same niche.

All this in my own thread.

Epic - slow - clap!

billcarrol, chk071 and standalone should definitely grab a drink together or something.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

billcarroll wrote:
Steinberg made a real attempt to connect with users here on KVR, but they have been run off by a few users. This is a negative for every other Cubase user here on KVR, of which I am one.
Steinberg, a company that gets 'run off' by unhappy, vocal users...

I think you just proved Compyfox's viewpoint pretty effectively there.

billcarroll wrote:
I take issue with people who ruin this forum for others. Steinberg made a real attempt to connect with users here on KVR, but they have been run off by a few users. This is a negative for every other Cubase user here on KVR, of which I am one.
Oh geesh...so comply steps in a thread and you have the nerve to act like you were put upon. You have an animus going with him?

There are mutes you can use... :?

Edit...not directed at jancivil.
Last edited by trimph1 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I think the Steinberg guy here just does his job, in a professional way, ignoring those who are just into the trolling, and informing others who are interested, or gives support in some cases. I don't think anyone gets run off or anything.

That said, i think Compyfox is way over the limit here. Everything else has been said in billcaroll's first post on this page. Nothing to add to that.
trimph1 wrote: There are mutes you can use... :?
Why not try to cultivate a climate where you don't have to mute anyone? You're literally giving the license to act like a complete retard, because there's always the option to mute everyone.

Stop Compyfox-bashing! Donate him a REAPER license! :P
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billcarroll wrote:
+1

The constant complaints about "major issues" gives the impression that Cubase is unusable - it isn't. A few of these "issues" are design choices (insert handling) and the major bugs are ....

The mixer is finally working well - not ideal but I get no glitches. To be clear I am aware it might not work in all situations, but not all bugs get fixed, just the showstoppers. Personally a graphic glitch or two is not a show stopper.

The ASIO engine is fine here too - it might be slightly worse than 6, but because of ASIO guard and the HUGE improvement in track counts etc I really am not bothered to find out.

The fact that some people's mileage has varied is not exactly news

So my issue is not about Cubase's problems but about how they are presented by some posters. The same 3 posters. The same 3 posters on and on in every thread possibly involving Steinberg. The same 3 posters on and on in every thread about Steinberg reducing the signal to noise ratio until there is little point in coming here to find out about software I use.

Everyone understands there are problems with software but some contributions on this forum stopped being informative a long time ago

Alas this one isn't very informative either!!
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

chk071.....you want lollipops and roses here?

Your posts are not very nice either.

Maybe we do need a subforum for these duke-em-ups.

A pox on all our houses.....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:chk071.....you want lollipops and roses here?
Black and white? No shades inbetween? Besides, just because it doesn't annoy you, that doesn't have to apply to other users. Of course i could always mute the guy, but that would be like putting on the rose-colored glasses, because then i would just erase the negative things in this forums, which is not really what i want. Why not pinch someone on the nose, when you think he's acting unreasonable? Obviously, this is totally pointless in this case though, because the person is completely support resistant, as has been shown by his case with Steinberg support as well. How do you want to give support to someone who claims to know everything so much better? :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”