Liking Cubase 7.5 more every day. Fewer reasons to use ANY 3rd party products...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please, get back to the original topic of this thread.

chk071 wrote:I think the Steinberg guy here just does his job, in a professional way, ignoring those who are just into the trolling, and informing others who are interested, or gives support in some cases. I don't think anyone gets run off or anything.
Sorry - don't think so.

The particular official rep in question ignored my questions right from his first post. And he was so bold and accused me of using "stolen" Steinberg software. That is in no way professional. I still wait for an official apology by this person - and yes, i did address this to his superior.

"Support" on this forum (which we can't technically support btw) is furthermore something else than ignoring questions, acting like a know it all, stating that the user is constantly in the wrong, and then quoting out of the Knowledge Base without any real connection to the actual problem.

If somebody is over the limit, it's definitely this particular person. I in comparison am merely scratching the surface.

But sure... we got an official "representative". At least it's not the one idiot from 10 years ago that insulted EVERY USER with each post he made, no matter at which webboard he was, and abused his "company powers" in the process. He was one of the higher support ranks. Who was it again? Man... my mind is blocked on this... on purpose thankfully...

Then on to ericj23:
First and foremost - just because you(!) don't have any problems - doesn't mean that they don't exist and that everything else is made up BS. Sure didn't waste months on this. I think I tried to make that pretty clear towards various users in here by now? If not, I think I just did it now. Unless I'm imagining things.
ericj23 wrote:The same 3 posters on and on in every thread about Steinberg reducing the signal to noise ratio until there is little point in coming here to find out about software I use.
Could you name those three people please?
I am really curious who those three are. In case it's not just one person to blame here.

And again - I didn't start it this time around yet again. So I'm really curious!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Stop Compyfox-bashing! Donate him a REAPER license! :P
Not interested in Reaper - and thanks, I can buy that license myself if I want to. My gross revenue is that low.

Though I kindly take donations for a fairly modern Macintosh. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox, I think it's best we don't start naming names here. But I will say that it's the same people doing this every time Cubase is even mentioned on this forum. They know who they are, but hey....do you.

I absolutely love Cubase 7.5 and since I got Cubase, I've enjoyed making music moreso than I did with any other DAW.

This is a negative for every other Cubase user here on KVR

Stick to speaking for yourself, why doncha.

I'm a Cubase user and I love using it. I don't have to read everything Compyfox has to say anymore than any of us do, 'ruining the forum', good grief.
I find pointing out problems informative.
I wouldn't have adopted C7 until 7.5 anyway, adopting the early versions is a mistake IME. One should wait really until the more or less final version, that's just how it is. They never even quite fix all the bugs before moving on. But it's what I use, there are no show-stoppers in what I use. I really want to know about show-stoppers, I may not ever have them but I weigh decisions based in hearing about problems.

Is it possible to go back to the original topic?

Or are we going to continue compyfox bashing?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Is it possible to go back to the original topic?

Or are we going to continue compyfox bashing?
Totally uncalled for...
1. A mod has already taken care of it:
bluedad wrote:Please, get back to the original topic of this thread.
2. Noone is bashing anyone here. If you want to know what's bashing, just visit one of the "Trance artist XY is using a warezed version of plugin ABC, scandal!!" and chime in on the internet witch hunt.
3. I think Compyfox is a big boy, and can speak for himself, there's really no need to try and defend him here in any way. But he's got to see his responsibility too when he writes posts, which, mildly speaking, are a bit controversial. You can't expect to get no reaction when you deal out like that.

So, back to the original topic [for a moment, at least]:

I finally did make good on my promise to myself to upgrade to Halion 5. Been using for about a month now, and it really was money very well spent. The integration with Cubase is fantastic.

Plus (and I don't really know why this is) using Halion 5 for most tracks registers just a pittance on the CPU meter. No more glitching due to resource management with more H5 tracks.

Loading a Kontakt instrument by comparison feels sluggish.

Still a very happy camper.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I finally did make good on my promise to myself to upgrade to Halion 5. Been using for about a month now, and it really was money very well spent.
That's how I feel about it too. Halion 5 is it's own "world of sound creation" and is real easy on the CPU. The FlexPhraser is forking awesome! Money well spent without a doubt.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I just used VariAudio to create midi from a guitar stem today. I usually use Melodyne for this, but this thread has me thinking about using Cubase internal tools.

I have to say VariAudio was extremely quick, and easier to use for this task than Melodyne. It took maybe 3 clicks to create a new track with the extracted midi. Accuracy was as good as I could expect given delay on the guitar part. Just a few minutes cleaning up extra notes created by the delay and I had a perfect midi file.

I'll keep trying VariAudio before turning to Melodyne to keep this experiment going. So far, a big thumbs up for VariAudio :tu:
Last edited by billcarroll on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:I just used VariAudio to create midi from a guitar stem today. I usually use Melodyne for this, but this thread has me thinking about using Cubase internal tools.

I have to say VariAudio was extremely quick, and easier to use for this task than Melodyne. It took may 3 clicks to create a new track with the extracted midi. Accuracy was as good as I could expect given delay on the guitar part. Just a few minutes cleaning up extra notes created by the delay and I had a perfect midi file.

I'll keep trying VariAudio before turning to Melodyne to keep this experiment going. So far, a big thumbs up for VariAudio :tu:
Very cool. I tend to take all of these built in tools and stuff for granted. I'm gonna try that.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

and what about the asio bug? does this still occur?

AstralExistence wrote:and what about the asio bug? does this still occur?
Not now, but what's wild is that I'm getting the "red spiky light" but I don't hear clipping or dropouts. I don't know, they must have moved the buffer underruns to a frequency above what we are able to hear? :lol: Fine by me. As long as I don't have to hear that shit...

.-.

AstralExistence wrote:and what about the asio bug? does this still occur?
The "ASIO Bug" as in form of "ungodly high ASIO load" - yes it still does to a certain extend, but it was a bit toned down and actually "trimmed" for Steinberg plugins. I mentioned that earlier, there was a "rare" bug in their plugins that resulted in that load - I actually found it, and it got fixed with C7.5 after insisting to dig deeper.

There are still ASIO spikes and the red warning light going off without reason however (for example if I load a blank project) - even if the Changelog (the Version History) said that it's being fixed. Can't confirm that with C7.07 and C7.5.20. Doesn't matter if VST2 or VST3 plugins at either stock or 3rd party are used.

Additional to that, certain third party plugins still have an intense high ASIO load compared to their load in C6.5.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I´ve just bought myself a new PC, converting back from Apple and Logic and back to where I began: PC and Cubase.

It´s exciting, I´ve never felt this way about PC´s until now. I got converted by a friend of mine who said mac is the way to go so I went. It was a pleasant surprise, Logic worked really well for my workflow and I loved the plugins included and the interface was nice. But it ends there. Recently there was a nice update of Logic but it rarely happens anything on the update side of things. The way to update anything was to use 3rd party plugins. So I own the Komplete 9 Ultimate, awesome piece of software!

But it has happened quite a lot since I converted to mac. Steinberg always delivers nice products and Cubase 7.5 in combination with the unlimited possibilities with a PC (Upgradeable-wise and customizeable-wise) is really tempting. And as a big bonus, there is a continuity to updates for Cubase and always something fresh and funny happening there imo. As for Apple; love their products but the prices and the wait for new products is so agonizing. With PC I can upgrade to what I want when I want.

So I am back and can´t wait for my update from Cubase 5 to 7.5 arrives + my new I7 4930K, 32gb RAM and all ssd-system (2TB)!

Just wanted to share some thoughts about this. Perhaps not thread-oriented but anyways..
"Music is my religion"

I don't have any experience with Cubase and all opinions and experiences of it are interesting to me.

I'm curious about its midi editing abilities; I've heard they're the best in the business... Anyone care to fill me in as to why?

This is a forum for us all to express our opinions, and having a go at someone for being negative about something you like and are positive about seems slightly... I dunno... Pointless? Feel free to disagree with them yeah, bit in no way do any of us have the right to tell anyone one else they're not allowed to speak on a subject... That seems patently obvious to me. Plus it comes off as extremely rude, and aggressive... :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”