Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ben H wrote:just suggesting how the OP could have better guided his topic for the sort of responses he was looking for. :shrug:
if you go back to before the infraction, the op seemed to be getting exactly the responses he was looking for :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Ben H wrote:just suggesting how the OP could have better guided his topic for the sort of responses he was looking for. :shrug:
if you go back to before the infraction, the op seemed to be getting exactly the responses he was looking for :shrug:
I was indeed :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Ben H wrote:Then how about "switched to Mac and Logic?"

Having a thread title "from PC to Mac" is only ever going to end up one way on here

no reason the op should have to second-guess such a title, when there was clearly no qualitative judgment.
Not sure whether my point was lost on you, or whether you intentionally cut my post to misrepresent my PoV?

But my point was that if you put PC + Mac in the thread title, it may as well say "vs" because that's how most people will read it on here.

The fact that a number of people responded with mac vs pc arguments demonstrates that some people felt it was a qualitative judgement.
Last edited by Ben H on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Does logic still have the only-able-to-do-destructive-editing paradigm?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Ben H wrote:
Ben H wrote:Then how about "switched to Mac and Logic?"

Having a thread title "from PC to Mac" is only ever going to end up one way on here
elbow (formerly ebow) wrote:no reason the op should have to second-guess such a title, when there was clearly no qualitative judgment.
Not sure whether my point was lost on you, or whether you intentionally cut my post to misrepresent my PoV?

But my point was that if you put PC + Mac in the thread title, it may as well say "vs" because that's how most people will read it on here.

The fact that a number of people responded with mac vs pc arguments demonstrates that some people felt it was a qualitative judgement.
it does not demonstrate that at all. clearly, there is no judgment in the op's title. all it demonstrates is that regardless of context, "pc" and "mac" together in the title will inevitably stir up trouble. i didn't try to misrepresent your argument - i understand and agree with your summation. but i don't agree that the op should have to dumb down such an innocent statement on account of a few idiots looking for trouble where there clearly is none

The OP subject wasn't inflammatory and was innocent enough. I've thought of doing the same, but anyone who reads my posts already knows I switched. People respond in two ways: posting what their personal experience is with such a switch (or it's reverse), and posting their personal judgments about the original poster's choice of action. The first is fine. The second tends to degrade any conversation.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”