Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:I think maybe Ill try mac next and switch daw from orion/flstudio to either cubase, studio one or reaper. Kinda tired of windows and wanna try something new..
Be wary of Cubase on a Mac - the performance is not so great.
Indeed the v7 on windows is even kinda shaky. All good though cause I'm liking Studio One alot these days and will probably settle on this. Will still give Reaper a thorough run through though to see how that goes, the gui and layout is really great imo :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I think maybe Ill try mac next and switch daw from orion/flstudio to either cubase, studio one or reaper. Kinda tired of windows and wanna try something new..
How about Ubuntu + Bitwig? :wink:

Anyway, the Mac's paradise is a myth.

Regnas wrote:
How about Ubuntu + Bitwig? :wink:

Anyway, the Mac's paradise is a myth.
Ubuntu yes.. Bitwig no , never clicked and the maximum tempo setting makes me think they are shady people
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
yevster wrote:I switched from a brand PC to a self-built PC with high-end components and have pretty much had the same experience as people switching to macs.
It's not even close to being the same.

It's not about the cost.

It's not about the quality of the components.

It's not about how fast it runs, or how many disk drives you can stick in the box.

It's about the OS and the workflow. Mac users prefer the OS X workflow, and are prepared to pay for it.

It's that simple.
Yes, it is.
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

Numanoid wrote:All this is kind of off topic.

But the OP invited to this fanboism, when he makes a big point of having changed from PC to MAC.

He could just have asked for links to Logic resources.
What's a MAC?

Numanoid wrote:All this is kind of off topic.

But the OP invited to this fanboism, when he makes a big point of having changed from PC to MAC.

He could just have asked for links to Logic resources.
he did ask for resources, and without making any fuss about the switch at all. he just mentioned it in the title to provide the appropriate context for his post.

it is only a shining beacon for those who, admitting they have no interest at all in os x, still find themselves drawn to threads like this, to accuse anyone who dares to express a positive opinion regarding osx, (in this case, just mentioning a sequence of events), of screaming fanboyism

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
yevster wrote:I switched from a brand PC to a self-built PC with high-end components and have pretty much had the same experience as people switching to macs.
It's not even close to being the same.

It's not about the cost.

It's not about the quality of the components.

It's not about how fast it runs, or how many disk drives you can stick in the box.

It's about the OS and the workflow. Mac users prefer the OS X workflow, and are prepared to pay for it.

It's that simple.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:he did ask for resources, and without making any fuss about the switch at all. he just mentioned it in the title to provide the appropriate context for his post.
Year Right :D

"Just become a born again Christian"

"Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic"

:borg:

ZenPunkHippy wrote: Mac users prefer the OS X workflow, and are prepared to pay for it.
They need the bling, so they can show of about it

No coincidence that Apple bought Beats :P

Numanoid wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote: Mac users prefer the OS X workflow, and are prepared to pay for it.

I don't see bling, just a nice smooth and enjoyable workflow. I'm sure some people would say the same the other way round. Having now used Windows and OSX I prefer OSX.
That said I preferred XP to Vista and Windows 7, didn't mean that it was better though.
I think ZeroPunkHippy summed it up perfectly :)

Numanoid wrote:

Get over it already

Numanoid wrote:

The only person in this thread that seems to be inappropriately flaunting their platform choice is you.

Armadillosound wrote:I don't see bling, just a nice smooth and enjoyable workflow. I'm sure some people would say the same the other way round. Having now used Windows and OSX I prefer OSX.
With Mac was all this talk about "no blue screen"

Thinking about it the only computer I have seen go down in the workplace is (somebody elses) Mac Airtop. Not just "blue screen", had to frigging pull out the entire harddrive to fix it :D

HobbyCore wrote:The only person in this thread that seems to be inappropriately flaunting their platform choice is you.
And proud too 8)

Is there an official PC vs Mac thread somewhere?

:)
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”