Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mwalthius wrote:Is there an official PC vs Mac thread somewhere?

:)
I think we all have a PC vs. Mac thread in us, as well as crap.
It might be the same thing.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

edited...
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Nothing wrong about asking for help when switching to Logic but don't ask for applause when switching platforms. It will always end in PC vs Mac wars anyway...
I do not recall asking for a round of applause, I do recall asking for some help and advice. I'm am grateful to those that posted helpful links to some very useful sites and forums. Other people have decided to turn this into a Mac v PC war :(
Mainly Numanoid.
I have not criticised anyone that chooses to use a PC and will not do so.
I feel that switching has worked and been the right thing for me. Everyone should work in the format and way that suits them best. Whether that is Mac,PC,Acoustic guitar or kazoo does not matter.

Thanks again to those that helped me, it is appreciated :)

The PC butthurt is strong ITT for some reason.

No idea why people getting so worked up, OP didn't ask for applause or do any crowing.

samsam wrote:The PC butthurt is strong ITT for some reason.

No idea why people getting so worked up, OP didn't ask for applause or do any crowing.
The voice of reason :)
Thank you.

Then why mention the change of platforms at all?
The OP could have easily posted "changed DAW to Logic" and left it at that.

Anyway, posturing is pretty common among the Mac CULTure.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Maybe i overracted a bit. Looks i am a bit too sensitive concerning such Mac vs PC discussions...
Just changed my post, also to get this back on topic.

Aynway i agree that something like "is just switched to Logic" would have been a better or more "diplomatic" title.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Aynway i agree that something like "is just switched to Logic" would have been a better or more "diplomatic" title.
Not really - he's not making a "big point" about switching to Mac other than highlighting the fact that he is new to Mac as well as to Logic. If he just said he switched to Logic people might assume some Mac familiarity. Clearly he is wanting people to recognise the fact that he is new to Mac so people won't assume that and help him get used to both.

Mentioning a change to mac may be an important part. The OP may not be familiar with macs and may need help with that aspect too.

Nice to see ingo jump in and slag something off....how the tables have turned :roll:

Ben H wrote:Then why mention the change of platforms at all?
The OP could have easily posted "changed DAW to Logic" and left it at that.

Anyway, posturing is pretty common among the Mac CULTure.
Well yeah, I don't feel the OP meant anything by it. Should he have foreseen the childish reactions and adjusted his post? If that is what KVR is, I don't want to be a part of it.
And accusing someone of posturing based on the fact that he just mentioned something? Grow up.

Then how about "switched to Mac and Logic?"

Having a thread title "from PC to Mac" is only ever going to end up one way on here. It may as well say "PC vs. Mac."

This *is* KvR afterall.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:Having a thread title "from PC to Mac" is only ever going to end up one way on here.
Don't see why people should have to pander to idiots, and censor even the most innocent of titles

I'm not suggesting pandering... just suggesting how the OP could have better guided his topic for the sort of responses he was looking for. :shrug:
Last edited by Ben H on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe I could have worded it differently, I am no more perfect than anyone else here :D
The reason I mentioned changing to Mac as well as Logic was due to the fact that I am not familiar with the Mac way of working. As well as useful info regarding Logic I have also been given some very helpful links regarding the Mac. Maybe I could have worded it switching to Mac and Logic and left the PC part out. Though I have a sneaking feeling the results would have been the same. :wink:
Some helpful advice and some bitching :(
KVR can be a strange place at times :hihi:

Ben H wrote:I'm not suggesting pandering...
actually, you did
Ben H wrote:Then how about "switched to Mac and Logic?"

Having a thread title "from PC to Mac" is only ever going to end up one way on here

no reason the op should have to second-guess such a title, when there was clearly no qualitative judgment.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”