FL studio 12 New Vector Mixer Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regnas wrote:@Scott/Image-Line:
It's just me or the Patcher in FL Studio 12 alpha can't load VSTs? :?
Since scott didn't answered...

Anyone else experiencing this problem/bug?

Regnas wrote:

Again, from IL site

"This is not a finished version of FL Studio, it's an Alpha, not even a Beta version yet. There will be lots of problems, bugs, crashes etc and it may not be compatible with the final version at all. Many things haven't even been updated from FL Studio 11 yet. The purpose is for workflow testing, not production work. If you don't think you can handle this, please don't install this Alpha version and wait for the FL Studio 12 Betas or the release version of FL Studio 12."

Totolitoto wrote:
Regnas wrote:

Again, from IL site
That's not the point.

I would like to know if it's happening and/or if it's already reported/knowing issue/bug.

Alpha Phase is not about fixing bugs, it's about developping a product, fixing bugs will occure in the beta phase.

murnau wrote:
If a man and woman can make a baby in 9 months, it does not mean you can make a baby in 1 month with 9 men and 9 women.
:lol:
:lol: The old "developer resources" (il) logical leap. :hihi:

Image-Line wrote:If a man and woman can make a baby in 9 months, it does not mean you can make a baby in 1 month with 9 men and 9 women.
Has anyone tried this yet?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
Image-Line wrote:If a man and woman can make a baby in 9 months, it does not mean you can make a baby in 1 month with 9 men and 9 women.
i dunno but ive seen plenty of videos where they appear to be giving it a good go. ;)

gamecat666 wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
Regnas wrote:I still can't see why this can't happen: :(
Why? why? why? why????

Image/mockup found here:

A layout like this is a must have imho.
+1
+2 (obviously, its my mockup) ;)
gol was against it due to width issues, JMC seemed to think it should be a user option. Even here we have people saying 'why see more than one set of effects?'
well part of my original suggestion was that it would make dragging/dropping/copying effects from one to another much easier. Currently its a little bit 'quirky'.
At times I wonder why Gol discard excellent suggestions like this. It's understandable if the programming language they are using doesn't provide an option to implement some suggested features but if possible and still they don't consider then that's serious problem. At least making it optional doesn't harm anyone. If one doesn't like it then don't tick the option as simple as that, win-win for everyone. Scrolling is inevitable so width shouldn't be an excuse.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:At times I wonder why Gol discard excellent suggestions like this.
Maybe Gol's vision for FL Studio doesn't include turning it into Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Reaper, etc... It would be more productive if everyone focused more on "What can I accomplish using FL Studio?" rather than "Why doesn't it work exactly like every other DAW?" I passed that phase of asking myself the latter question very quickly once I started asking myself the first question and found out what FL Studio can actually do by forgetting everything I was programmed to think it should do. I was extremely surprised with how powerful, cool and fun FL Studio actually was. The value is astounding. I have to say that I was an FL studio hater for years until I actually tried this. I see no deficiencies in it now. It will only get better. Just ride the wave and enjoy it.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

If a man and woman can make a baby in 9 months, it does not mean you can make a baby in 1 month with 9 men and 9 women.
Man can make a baby in about 5 minutes or less and in one day about 10 babies, after that job is done and it's time to watch a TV 8)
edit: and he can do it with eyes closed, no hands and without solo/mute buttons.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Maybe Gol's vision for FL Studio doesn't include turning it into Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Reaper, etc...
True. :clap:

I think some are maybe confused about what actually happened there. :hihi: That's not a "brand new mixer", like Cubase's brand new mixer, which is a completely and totally new design, being nothing like the old mixer in any way at all, that's an updated version of the previous FLMixer, with the same general paradigm, but better in lots of obvious ways, visually and otherwise.

Those who are asking for the other thing wanted a "brand new mixer" design, a complete re-vamp, a more "conventional" vertical mixer with FX slots and all that, I guess. And yeah, that's obviously not his vision.

I think "Gols Vision" is an important term here, anybody who thinks they are going to get anything implemented 'their' way in FLS is thinking wrong, features are implemented at developer discretion and FR are not hugely taken notice of at all at IL, it has done them no harm whatsoever and is an example of one of the ways of working as a developer.
1 Ignore everybody and implement what you think everybody needs (Gol)
2 Implement some of the userbase FRs but mainly whatever you want (Cockos)
2 Listen to the userbase and implement what they ask for (Offhand i am struggling to think of a dev that does this nowadays, Jorgen and Jules did back in their hayday)

Discussing ideas is one thing, but saying it is unacceptable that ideas are not implemented when they have ignored everybody for years and still created one of the powerhouse DAWs currently available, well silly is not strong enough a word.
Duh

liquidsound wrote:
It's still in alpha stages.

IL, please get rid of those crummy throw switches. They waste space and have less contrast. Otherwise, nice work. Will we be able to dock tracks' peak meters side by side?

bungle wrote:..., it has done them no harm whatsoever and is an example of one of the ways of working as a developer.
1 Ignore everybody and implement what you think everybody needs (Gol)
2 Implement some of the userbase FRs but mainly whatever you want (Cockos)
2 Listen to the userbase and implement what they ask for (Offhand i am struggling to think of a dev that does this nowadays, Jorgen and Jules did back in their hayday)
In general I think it's usually good, if the developer does what HE thinks is best for his product.

Still I think it's also good to be open about ideas from your user-base.
Some of those ideas might just be what you think is best for your product. You just hadn't thought of it before.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”