FL studio 12 New Vector Mixer Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:wtf is going on here?
Just the usual KVR emo drama.

The new mixer looks really really cool and I can't wait to start using it. I can't wait!!

Currently these fonts do not work very well (screenshot!).
the font are perfect (& use a custom engine), the problem is those scaled-down poor JPEGs that kill the RGB trick. I don't see any problem of size.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Not necessarily the size on that picture, I took a closer look at the actual picture size.

The type of the font is bothering me. It looks so out of place... Much like... how can I describe it... the font switch from XP to Win7 for example. Or the good old Arial and Verdana to the new webfonts if that helps in any way.

On top of that, that slight Java look... Dunno - doesn't click with me yet.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Not necessarily the size on that picture, I took a closer look at the actual picture size.

The type of the font is bothering me. It looks so out of place... Much like... how can I describe it... the font switch from XP to Win7 for example. Or the good old Arial and Verdana to the new webfonts if that helps in any way.

On top of that, that slight Java look... Dunno - doesn't click with me yet.
I think what is bothering you is the horizontal and vertical margins around the text. They are inconsistent and the wide margins look awkward with the very narrow kerning.

Vertically oriented text is also quite ugly and a huge design faux pas.

I don't even know which fonts you're talking about, considering there are at least 3 different fonts on those screenshots.
Much like... how can I describe it... the font switch from XP to Win7 for example.
I hope you're not talking about pixel fonts. There's no way I'm going back to the 90's.

Vertically oriented text is also quite ugly and a huge design faux pas.
not when it allows displaying over 3x more tracks. Would you prefer to see just the 2 first letters of a horizontal label?
Also, on high-PPI screens, it's as sharp as horizontal text.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

It feels like there is wasted space down at the bottom in the routing section.
Maybe not though.
Either way, Id like to see some shots of how that works/looks now
ImageImageImageImage

ctrlfreetype wrote:Windows 9 is rumored to be 64 bit only.

Isn't FL Studio still 32 bit only?
Hi Edward. FL Studio is available in 64 Bit format. Customers have access to it as they need.

But that's not really relevant, 32 Bit applications run just fine on 64 Bit Windows (including FL Studio). This won't change with Windows 9 as many popular applications are still 32 bit.

Just look on your system under C:\Program Files (x86) - 32 Bit, I am sure you will see equal, if not more applications installed than under C:\Program Files - 64 Bit.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Yeah, but I think what he's saying is that there won't be an (x86) folder. Personally I have no idea and won't switch for win7x64 until it's COMPLETELY necessary.

hibidy wrote:Yeah, but I think what he's saying is that there won't be an (x86) folder. Personally I have no idea and won't switch for win7x64 until it's COMPLETELY necessary.
Windows 9 64 bit will still have an (x86) folder and will support 32 Bit applications, this is not in any doubt.

Why would Microsoft drop 32 Bit support in Windows 64 Bit?

At some point, Microsoft will probably stop Windows 32 Bit, but that's not relevant to FL Studio.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Raster font is the one that utilizes pixels.

Regnas wrote:From this suggestion:

Came this:

Good job Image-Line.
And keep up the good work. :tu:
Does seem like a massive improvement, so far. I take it that Image Line has decided to implement drag and drop effects between mixer tracks, no? Move and copy effects with drag and drop functionality would be stellar...

suecae_sounds wrote:I take it that Image Line has decided to implement drag and drop effects between mixer tracks, no? Move and copy effects with drag and drop functionality would be stellar...
...well you can do that already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wFWB7tL-74

Yeah that's a handy feature.

Will it EVER be possible to use the mouse to move effects up/down on the track?

camsr wrote:Yeah that's a handy feature.

Will it EVER be possible to use the mouse to move effects up/down on the track?
You can do that now too. Focus the mixer, hover + mouse-wheel.

You may like to spend some time with the manual ;)

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”