FL studio 12 New Vector Mixer Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elassi wrote:Read: It doesn't change that much. :hihi:
Right. You still can see the FX of just ONE currently selected mixer channel... Which is really just not good enough for full mix overview.

The old mixer served me very well for 10+ years. Routing was flexible and the wet/dry wrappers around every FX plugin were very helpful.

This one has pretty updated graphics and apparently the ability to select multiple channels and move their faders together, but otherwise seems to pretty much have the same design. Which means if you didn't like it before, there's not a lot of reason to believe you'll suddenly start now.

EvilDragon wrote:
elassi wrote:Read: It doesn't change that much. :hihi:
Right. You still can see the FX of just ONE currently selected mixer channel... Which is really just not good enough for full mix overview.
:zzz:
[Insert Signature Here]

Let me guess, it still doesn't have mute/solo buttons ?
It does, you can right click...........whatever, it still doesn't have mute/solo buttons?
People make music in it without those buttons........,yeah whatever, it still doesn't have mute/solo buttons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg&feature=kp
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Cant see the problem. Left click for mute/unmute and right click for solo/un-solo individual tracks.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Looking absolutely lovely in the usual gol-tastic graphical orgy.

Where are the insert FX shown on the new mixer? (not a criticism, just curious!) As usual I suspect I'm missing something very obvious in the video.

when you have some muted tracks and try to solo/un-solo other tracks, muted tracks become un-muted, at least such behavior was on previous versions I guess it's still the same, so mixing in it is like a Russian roulette.

http://www.joblo.com/videos/movie-clips/deerhunter
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

vector technology in terms of interface design is such an incredible technology.

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:when you have some muted tracks and try to solo/un-solo other tracks, muted tracks become un-muted, at least such behavior was on previous versions I guess it's still the same, so mixing in it is like a Russian roulette.

What a terrible metaphor...

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:when you have some muted tracks and try to solo/un-solo other tracks, muted tracks become un-muted, at least such behavior was on previous versions I guess it's still the same, so mixing in it is like a Russian roulette.

because you don't understand the simplicity behind: it works on a "one channel basis" if you solo one specific track all other get muted (what else?) while un-solo a track means it turn all tracks on again. all other tracks always focus after the selected track.

i guess it works that way because in FL any channel can route to any channel by default, you don't have to create a bus. all channels are equal. maybe this behaviour is only consistent? i dunno.. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I

LOVE

THAT

SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hibidy wrote:I

LOVE

THAT

I find it extremely boring myself.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

:roll:

spaceman wrote:
hibidy wrote:I

LOVE

THAT

I find it extremely boring myself.
why wouldn't you. the song sucks. and the mix is absolutely shit quality.

I edited that

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”