FL studio 12 New Vector Mixer Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheNickC wrote:Image
Shi*** :-o

This is awful...how they managed to force tony tony chopper to do such weird mixer interface? He is well known for good interfaces...

Sorry i am not following this thread completely and i won't read whole book of this thread but older mixer is looking way more logical..And..this new thing...so much wasted pixels..tell me this is some sort of mockup? I see almost more wasted space then actual used space.

I really hope they don't turn the mixer into something modular where you have to connect wires all the time to get it to function.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I really hope they don't turn the mixer into something modular where you have to connect wires all the time to get it to function.
No we haven't.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

kmonkey wrote:This is ..
...dynamically resizable X 6 layout styles, so you can make it any way you like.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:I really hope they don't turn the mixer into something modular where you have to connect wires all the time to get it to function.
No we haven't.

Regards Scott
I didn't think so, after all these years imageline updates never disappointed :hihi: Any eta though?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Image-Line wrote:
kmonkey wrote:This is ..
...dynamically resizable X 6 layout styles, so you can make it any way you like.

Regards Scott
Ah-Ha!! Thanks for your input..

You can make the mixer work like it used to, this should look familiar (100% scaling here)

This is at about 33% scaling, open it under its own link...

The new mixer is designed to cover far far more workflow options that it can now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4X2rUnh3n8

I find the new mixer sexy as hell :shrug:

I'm early looking forward to v12. Keep 'em coming, IL.

highkoo wrote:
TheNickC wrote: it's very easy to wind up with a bunch of mixer tracks that aren't descriptive or even related to their channels
Thats when things start getting good though. ;)
I've found that a little confusion can lead to happy accidents in composition, not so much in mixing
kmonkey wrote:Shi*** :-o

This is awful...how they managed to force tony tony chopper to do such weird mixer interface? He is well known for good interfaces...

Sorry i am not following this thread completely and i won't read whole book of this thread but older mixer is looking way more logical..And..this new thing...so much wasted pixels..tell me this is some sort of mockup? I see almost more wasted space then actual used space.
You've (I'm assuming) been using the old mixer for a long time, of course it looks easier to use than this new thing. There's more emphasis on icons now too instead of words, which does mean a higher learning curve but can actually be quicker and smoother once you have learned. And as Scott pointed out, it can be resized and made more like the old mixer

I don't like how dark it is. Will this new stuff be reskinnable?

camsr wrote:I don't like how dark it is. Will this new stuff be reskinnable?
No, give into the dark side ... Luke.

Image-Line wrote:
camsr wrote:I don't like how dark it is. Will this new stuff be reskinnable?
No, give into the dark side ... Luke.
Well, will I at least be able to change the background shade?

BTW, I appreciate the honesty of "no". Although FL's color scheme as always been rather dull and the color options limiting.

I actually prefer the theme of FL12 to the current one, though that may be in part because of the generally overhauled interface. I agree that custom colors or a few themes to pick from would have been nice. Maybe in the future. :)

i like the idea of having an option to have real-time per track multiple meter readings in the mixer like brainworx bx solo,phase corelation,dynamic range,RMS & Peak values for both left/right.for a higher learning curve as an option.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”