Is Presonus Neglection Studio One

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My problem is if i use FL Studio inside Studio One (Rewire) it always mute the very first beat. No matter what i do. It is already reported and other people asked in Presonus forum but nothing happend. It would be great if such little bugs would be fixed before v3. Sometimes a bugfix is worth more then a version number update.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

hibidy wrote:
chk071 wrote:I think people get very nervous nowadays when there isn't a vitreous development, as it is in some open source projects. :hihi: While i understand it to some degree, as far as i know the Studio One devs rather work on polishing what's present, than present loads of new stuff to the public. Actually i'm very ok with that approach, who needs tons of useless stuff which brings instability into the game. I like Studio One for its simplicity, and its straight forwardness. No need to break that by adding lots of stuff to it. Although i'm surely not using it to a degree that i would be qualified to judge what's missing in it.
I dunno, when I keep hearing about people leaving and then there is this large time period of no updates It's hard not to be a little concerned. In the meantime, I use it just fine.
Hm, just found a cool KVR feature i've never noticed before: http://www.kvraudio.com/versions.php?p=3743 Was just googling for Studio One version history, and that came up as a search result. Well, maybe helps to diffuse your concerns a bit, as there seem to have been breaks between versions as long as the current one before. No idea what the real situation is of course.

Well, I'm a worry wart/glass half empty guy, so you're prolly right :) thanks!

I must admit i was a bit worried too when i bought my Studio One license here on the market place, and it took them 1 1/2 weeks to process the license transfer... not really shed a good light on their support department, especially as i read a thing or two about it here before.

Actually the maintenance update cycle seems to be 3-4 months on average.

But another troubling concern is being clearly showed with that history:
A jump from 1.0 to 1.5 (which then went up to 1.6.5) and then again from 2.0.7 to 2.5 up until currently 2.6.1

Why the?! Does the version numbers .2 and .3 not exist anymore in the rulebooks or what?!

This clearly reminds me of the current Steinberg update scheme. Only that Presonus did NOT charge anyone for 2.5, unless you wanted the extra tools introduced with S1 2.6.x
KVR News wrote:Studio One 2.5 is available immediately and is free to all users.

Steinberg on the other hand asks for insane prices for bugfixes, and still manages to funks up their host(s)!

Still, the major two turnoffs for me with Studio One:
1) MIDI (Hardware) and songwriting tools
2) you constantly have the feeling, that you have to "sign into" this software, stay online, and directly share your stuff. It gives you the constant "Cloud Network" feeling. A big turnoff for me as classic host user on both offline and online rigs.

CubEndo, Logic and ProTools do not(!) give me that image. Though Logic got the new "iTool" overhaul, and ProTools are still refusing to use VST. At least the latter is not locked to specific AVID hardware anymore.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

...you constantly have the feeling, that you have to "sign into" this software, stay online, and directly share your stuff. It gives you the constant "Cloud Network" feeling. A big turnoff for me as classic host user on both offline and online rigs.
You can easily (and permanently) turn that stuff off. They're all (Soundclound, Nimbit, The Exchange, The Macro Toolbar, etc, etc) optional extensions. Just go into the Studio One Extensions function menu / dialog and turn it all off.

Hope that helps.

Compyfox wrote: But another troubling concern is being clearly showed with that history:
A jump from 1.0 to 1.5 (which then went up to 1.6.5) and then again from 2.0.7 to 2.5 up until currently 2.6.1

Why the?! Does the version numbers .2 and .3 not exist anymore in the rulebooks or what?!
Afaik, some version numbers only appear internally, when they're tested, and there's too many bugs, and they fix that with the new version, the deprecated versions simply fall away. Don't know if that's the case here, but aren't version numbers pretty random anyway?

But he was asked PLEASE :hihi:

My current version of Studio One is 2.6.2.25590. Should I downgrade to the one everyone seems to complain about so I can join in the conversation? As I have less than 10.000 US invested in Presonus products, I don't think they're too bad. Maybe I could find fault if I owned something bad.

LawrenceF wrote:You can easily (and permanently) turn that stuff off. They're all (Soundclound, Nimbit, The Exchange, The Macro Toolbar, etc, etc) optional extensions. Just go into the Studio One Extensions function menu / dialog and turn it all off.

Hope that helps.
Doesn't the start screen still look like a stupid cloud webpage then?

chk071 wrote:Afaik, some version numbers only appear internally, when they're tested, and there's too many bugs, and they fix that with the new version, the deprecated versions simply fall away. Don't know if that's the case here, but aren't version numbers pretty random anyway?

In case of Steinberg tools as of late it is very obvious that the "interim numbers" are simply dropped in favor for sales. The last time I remember a v.2 was with SX3. They then jumped to C4. The last time they went over .5 was with Cubase VST3.7 - which ran great for years to come. Dunno anymore if it was a paid update, though I remember a lot of Mac drama back in the day, Cubase VST3.5 was "mac exclusive", or was it Cubase VST4 (which spawned a lot of negative vibe, especially after Emagic moved to Apple)... too long ago.

Either way, barely any company is going past the .0 route anymore. It's either .0 or .5 - even AVID dropped that with PT8, Cakewalk and Magic were the first to release a new full version every half year to year or so. Now everyone does it.

Can't the software be programmed the right way for once and the users not being money milked with paid bugfixes?

This is why I have so many high hopes in Presonus. They picked up a lot(!) of ideas from Logic and Cubase - to some it is(!) the better evolution of the latter. But like Cubase took until SX3 (since VST5.x), Studio One still has a lot of MIDI issues, Hardware Users are still kind of left out.

But at least, Presonus seems to care if there is a bug with the defacto VST standard.

Like I earlier said... my hopes are on Studio One v3, and not Cubase 8 (which will cost another 250quids to update and then take almost a year to iron out most small bugs with remaining deaf ears on the other line of the support regarding the showstoppers).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:

Like I earlier said... my hopes are on Studio One v3, and not Cubase 8 (which will cost another 250quids to update and then take almost a year to iron out most small bugs with remaining deaf ears on the other line of the support regarding the showstoppers).

so fing true

Compyfox wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:You can easily (and permanently) turn that stuff off. They're all (Soundclound, Nimbit, The Exchange, The Macro Toolbar, etc, etc) optional extensions. Just go into the Studio One Extensions function menu / dialog and turn it all off.
Hope that helps.
Doesn't the start screen still look like a stupid cloud webpage then?
I bypass the start screen altogether...
Create a template you want as the default and save it as default.song in the User Data\Songs directory.
Then in Options choose:

Back on topic, I have a whopping $155 invested in S1 2 so although it wouldn't be a huge financial loss if it faded away, I'd be pretty bummed because I think they have a very good thing going. I use Reaper & Live more often than S1 but I still like to use it depending on my mood :ud: ...

Compyfox wrote:Doesn't the start screen still look like a stupid cloud webpage then?
Not to me, no. :shrug:
Last edited by LawrenceF on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

lachrimae wrote:I bypass the start screen altogether...
Create a template you want as the default and save it as default.song in the User Data\Songs directory.
Then in Options choose:
You don't even have to do that (unless of course you prefer starting from a template). If you set it like below it will launch directly into Arrange on every launch and you'll never see the Start Page unless you click the button to see it ...

I think CompyFox is either just having a bad day or he actually hasn't used the app very much. :hihi:

I'm trying not to think about it w/o drastic measures :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”