Is Presonus Neglection Studio One

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An ADC/DAC is unlikely to cause any issues whatsoever, but i guess you are trying to equate ADC/DAC as an audio interface/soundcard right ?
Might be clearer if you use standard terms because most people would think of an ADC/DAC as an external box
Duh

ADC -> Analog Digital Converter -> Audio Interface / Soundcard.
This IS a standard term - and yes, mostly this is a breakout box, USB device or whatever these days.

And you wouldn't believe what I've seen during my IT days, what causes issues.
So yes... an "audio interface" can cause issues.

YMMV!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Again... Logic and ProTools had massive issues with M-Audio hardware, as in "audio modules", the thing you play back your content on or record. These are called ADC in short, or "Analog Digital Converter" in long form.

If you have issues with Studio One, chances are that your ADC/DAC might cause trouble with drivers or incompatibility, etc. Wouldn't be the first time I see this on a Macintosh. Which is why I brought it up in the first place.
I understood. Thanks for the suggestion. By "in the box", I meant that I do not have an ADC/DAC plugged in at all. Like many, though, I do have a boatload of plugs installed. I'm sure S1 is having trouble somewhere there.

cyphersuit wrote:My Studio One installation is rock solid. Never had a DAW before that was so reliable. I remember Samplitude and Sonar crashing a lot. Studio One (64 Bit, Win Version) doesnt.

Honestly, i am happier than ever with this DAW. Thats also i reason why i do not posts in the offical forums anymore. There is no reason to do so, it just works.
Same here. There's features I want, or things that can be done better, but S1 just works. No need to constantly post or patrol the forum with/for bug reports or ways to resolve a problem.

I'm confident S1 v3 will see release before end of year, or early next at the latest, and it will include vastly improved MIDI (including Notion's scoring built in) and some other nice enhancements as well. I also think it will still work. There will be some bugs, they're a fact of life, but nothing like my last DAW. Or maybe they screw the pooch and botch the release. I doubt it though.

What I love about Studio One is the ability to 'just get things done'.
It is not the perfect DAW by any means, but none of them are. It is my DAW of choice right now. I am personally not too bothered about having more MIDI features, which seems to be a lot of people's criticism of Studio One

I am very comfortable that Presonus are not rushing out new versions at a silly pace, a la Cakewalk. I would definitely like to see another version 2 update before version 3 is released. So in terms of being 'neglected', I don't agree.

A little more ability to customise the interface colour wise would be nice, but it's not a show-stopper.
The one time I contacted Presonus support by e-mail they were very helpful and responded in a timely manner.

In terms of stability, it is certainly less prone to crashing than Samplitude was when I used it.
However, on the couple of occasions that Studio One has crashed on me, it has "zombied" i.e. left a head-less process running that could not be killed and which prevented any re-start of Studio One.
This could only be resolved by a re-boot. That is not good. Clearly this is the result of poor exception handling / programming. It it's going to crash, then please make sure it dies gracefully !

Despite this niggle, I feel that I will stay with Studio One.

They should make something like this for actual paying customers.

Steinberg definitely are masters in how to piss those people off!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:They should make something like this for actual paying customers.

I'm amazed at how you manage to fit your dislike of steinberg into nearly any topic. :tu:

I haven't even started with the most recent... "experiences".

And despite all that, I still try to help other Steinberg users. Because I now know tons of workarounds.
I'm such a good person.

In terms of s1, I would settle for a lot more robust inline waveform editing tools. And where's the stereo pan controls on stereo tracks?! I thought this was a mixing company.

HobbyCore wrote:
Compyfox wrote:They should make something like this for actual paying customers.

I'm amazed at how you manage to fit your dislike of steinberg into nearly any topic. :tu:
The worst part is the 'virtual reality' that he is always trying to impose here, exaggerating his problems with the software and trying to convince every Kvr user that approaches Cubase that those bugs that he says he suffers are widespread. Truth is that he has never stopped using Cubase 7, even if he long ago suggested that he had to return to 6.5, that his audio issues are now solved, even if he doesn't want to admit it, and that it has been Steinberg who has solved that issues when his audio interface was also to blame. Here in this very thread you can read him saying: "If you have audio problems with Studio One it's your audio interface's fault". As I said before, the only thing that fuels this vendetta is that Steinberg doesn't attend his continuous feature requests. All his complains about Cubase, Wavelab, Vst3, etc. are bullshit.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Oh screw it. I don't know how to delete posts.

You can't, but luckily we can edit them. Anyways, back to the studio one neglect :hihi:

I can't finish that viddy, your streaming sucks Lawrence!!!!!!! :D

Lol. :) Blame Google / YouTube. :hihi:

EDITED:

Just one sentence to you, standalone.

Before you call me delusional, maybe you should ask yourself how much TRUTH is in all of this. And how much work a lot of people put into this, just so that ungrateful people like you can work without trouble.
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”