Cubase 8 Release Date?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Compyfox wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:EDIT: I'm not saying their aren't bugs, but this particular issue is overblown and irrelevant %99 of the time.
While I might not have that many instruments running in real time, I juggle 48+ projects on an i7 920 from Mid 2008. I don't consider this ASIO "feature" a bug, but actually just a minor annoyance.

We both know that there is more broken in C7 - it's annoying, but it's still usable. Can't add much more.
Again, if it affects someone then its a problem for them. But, it's like when someone gets the flu, then everyone who has a sore elbow thinks they are getting the flu. I'm not minimizing the impact of that issue to you or those that actually experience that issue, because it is real.

And yes, there are serious things in C7.x.x that can affect people who work in a particular way (for me it is not being able to use the mixconsole key command while in the project window) amongst other things.

However, by and large Cubase is no more or less buggy than any other DAW. I find Sonar X3e to be a total crash fest to the point of being unusable. Reaper MIDI editor is a mess of bugs and oddities. It just depends on what you need to do and what system you need to do it on.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:We are saying the same thing, I just didn't say when to buy the prior version. However, it has to be the last Full version prior to the .5. It doesn't work from .5 to next .0 at least it didn't from 6.5 to 7.
Ah... ok, sorry. :hihi: I thought you were saying ... "buy it now and just put it on the shelf and activate it later to be inside the grace period."

Curiously enough, I've seen people do exactly that for some odd reason. Buy a $300 daw and never install it, just put it on the shelf for 9 months because they think the next version might be cool and they just want to own it. :shrug:

I wish I had mad cash like that. :hihi:

Compyfox wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:EDIT: I'm not saying their aren't bugs, but this particular issue is overblown and irrelevant %99 of the time.
While I might not have that many instruments running in real time, I juggle 48+ projects on an i7 920 from Mid 2008. I don't consider this ASIO "feature" a bug, but actually just a minor annoyance.

We both know that there is more broken in C7 - it's annoying, but it's still usable. Can't add much more.
There's a book that can help you with your Cubase issues

Bitwig Certified Trainer

:hihi: :P

double post
Last edited by maschinelf on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFAIK there was a free upgrade to 7 if 6.5 was registered in within the grace period.

LawrenceF wrote: I don't get it. :shrug:

Why not just wait until they announce that Cubase 8 is near to being shipped and then just go buy Cubase 7? Why let Steiny earn interest on your money for an app you won't even be using?

Makes no sense to me personally but horses for courses.
There is a 30% off upgrades period until aug 31st - so buying full Cubase 7.5 upgrade from Elements 7 now - and wait to use it until grace period for v8 start - and you will get v8 upgrade for less than regular uppgrade from 7.5.

I estimate a $200-$300 saving or so.

SJ_Digriz wrote:And yes, there are serious things in C7.x.x that can affect people who work in a particular way (for me it is not being able to use the mixconsole key command while in the project window) amongst other things.

However, by and large Cubase is no more or less buggy than any other DAW. I find Sonar X3e to be a total crash fest to the point of being unusable. Reaper MIDI editor is a mess of bugs and oddities. It just depends on what you need to do and what system you need to do it on.
Isn't this what I was saying since day one? Issues I have, real existing issues that others could confirm?

These days they're "non-existent" and "blatant lies".

We're both power users, we both have a specific workflow. And we both ran into drastic showstoppers. Does it mean that it's still non-existent by declaration of others?

billcarroll wrote:There's a book that can help you with your Cubase issues
You're not even funny anymore.

Maybe you also only use LE/AI/Elements, have no severe issues and therefore think that it's "a non issue".

Whatever... :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote:Why not just wait until they announce that Cubase 8 is near to being shipped and then just go buy Cubase 7?
Wasn't Cubase 7 announced and released at the same time last time around? They did that a couple of times through the years. So that is a really risky game IMO.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Wasn't Cubase 7 announced and released at the same time last time around?
No clue. Do they announce and release on the very same day? I thought announcements (press releases) usually preceded actual sales, but I can't say I've been keeping up with Cubase updates.

Thanks.

Sure happened with SX3 IIRC. One day it was suddenly a new page called "it's getting hot in here", and then SX3 was released.

Not too sure on C7, but I remember that they announced it and said "it's now in stores". Then again, we people assumed that it will be out "soonish" anyway. So don't nail me on that.

But SX3 was definitely released out of the blue.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:[

Unless they say "funk it, we extend the upgrade cycles for once and push out another Nuendo". But that is highly(!!!) unlikely. Steinberg's main focus seems to be money rather than free and timely bugfixing now. As can be seen with the recent price raise for Wavelab, and the introduction of the annual paid updates for this host as well.
You seem frustrated :)

As a Cubase AND Nuendo user I can tell you that Nuendo is always 6 months or so behind Cubase feature wise and atm they are comparable. So I don't really understand the new Nuendo release frustration because they can't release a new version unless Nuendo will be the first to get new features :)

It is very simple, let me explain. If Cubase is released before Nuendo Cubase users are just beta testing for Nuendo. If it is the other way around Cubase users are left behind.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Really hope Steinberg focuses on workflow improvements instead of gimmicky features / instruments this time around.

5Lives wrote:Really hope Steinberg focuses on workflow improvements instead of gimmicky features / instruments this time around.
Nothing is going to change in the process, it will be a combination of all of the above. There will be some new workflow improvements, some workflow un-improvements, some new features, some random removal of features, some new VSTi/plugins, some Bugs, some breakage of stuff that wasnt' broke before, some fixes for things no one new were broken etc...

standalone wrote:It is very simple, let me explain. If Cubase is released before Nuendo Cubase users are just beta testing for Nuendo. If it is the other way around Cubase users are left behind.
So, no matter what .. the users will bitch.

Fortunately, the cycle is the cycle. Cubase, then Nuendo. But, the time to release between the two has been shrinking. So, beta testers you will be I guess. Or, you could show some restraint and not buy C8 until the point releases ... then you wouldn't be a beta tester.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”