Cubase 8 Release Date?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Compyfox wrote:You missed several essential things:

- always on top bug while using the console in full screen (especially on dual screens)
- the resize bug
- quick grouping of tracks
4 is all about the resize crap
8 is the terrible grouping system

1 actually (although not clearly) the AOT problem. And yes that is a huge problem, especially on multiple monitors.
And my personal favorite:
The Mackie BHUI (Mackie HUI) protocol doesn't work properly anymore. Personal record: hitting on the solo button for like 12 times until the host responded (or like 8-10 times until the host starts to play/stops, FF/FB, etc). And yes, I did check if my hardware is borked - it's random, it's always different buttons. It's absolutely no fun.
I work at 2 places with Mackie HUI setups and it works fine, (other than the group and target stuff). But from a communications standpoint it works as it always has. Although, like me at home, they continue to use C6.5 because of how crappy the mix console is.
And I actually like the metering module in the mix console - even though the EBU R-128 meter can STILL NOT be adjusted to needs (scale proper scale after custom reference level setup, custom color codes).
The meter is GREAT .. assuming you can calibrate it someday. It's the rest of the control room feature set being completely hidden that is a problem.

By they way, for my personal tracking/editing I use C7.5. But, if I have a large project to mix ... I switch back.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Sounds reasonable, though I have (sadly) adjusted to the shenanigans.

One still being the Insert handling.
I mean... FARK!

EDIT:

Oh and... recently there was another video on Cubase's Chord Track by "Sonic State". While this video definitely counts to the better ones, it's still just about the "basics". What the engine can do in "theory" - if you use it right from the start. But in practical use, mid production, it's an absolute undocumented, non intuitive, not really working cluster funk.

I wasted hours on that thing months ago in hope that it helps a production I was working on. I gave up after 2 days of frustration.

Innovation with all due respect, but this was one of the "tacked on" features that definitely needed more hatching time. And even the FR's I've read for that thing (I also filed some myself) were great, yet nothing happened on that behalf.

No... "Network connection/collaboration" route (VST plugin) was more important.

I feel like Cubase SX1 to SX3 all over again. So if we want to get any of this "fixed" (in some manner - if ever), we're forced to upgrade...

The frustration on that behalf is definitely understandable. Sadly, a lot of people don't seem to care.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Whoa. :o Which one of you guys spammed the Cubase forum? :hihi: j/k

This guy was truly committed. The first four pages are all spam... :lol: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=181

Nine pages now.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Yeah that script is on fire
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I wonder how low one's IQ would need to be to click any of those links. :)

There some cleaning to be done in Monday morning for sure. Not a good way to start the week, is it? :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:I wonder how low one's IQ would need to be to click any of those links. :)
NFL low.

standalone wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:I wonder how low one's IQ would need to be to click any of those links. :)
NFL low.
Now Tuesday. Still going.... :scared: :o
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

While searching the Steinberg forums for the term "multitouch", as I suspect something of the sort could be coming to Cubase, I found this feature request and the interesting reply from a moderator, "You are a couple years ahead of time". Interesting because it was a couple of years ago, 17 Jan 2013:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 8&p=212347

this page says 3 december for cubase 8!

https://reverb.com/item/365141-schecter ... ing-bunlde
www.synkrostudio.it, www. roundoround.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”