Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper when audio preferences are not set correctly

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BachRules wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:inability to grasp the content of such a specification
or it's just a matter of priorities, which concept would be foreign to the defaults-don't-matter-because-my-time-is-cheap adherents.
I'm not prepared to believe that someone who has spent quite as much time as you have claiming that a default setting is a 'bug' and a break from the VST spec would deprioritise providing proof that they were correct unless they knew damn well that they weren't.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

BachRules wrote:Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as ...
... as you ran out of arguments 15 seconds after your first post.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

I thought that as a programmer you'd love the chance to use those options...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

BachRules wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hey I don't really care if it's on or off by 'default' (whatever that is) - it's a half a second job to set it either way
And so let's start this list of developers who don't care how many half-second jobs their users have to perform to make the software stop sounding bad?
No, you start. Its your argument, so you provide some evidence. Start with a list of developers who consider their software to sound bad unless its rendering in offline mode. Since that's what you're now basically claiming.

Oh, and Im still waiting for your proof that there's a mandatory behaviour regarding offline rendering for hosts specified in the VST spec.
Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as I'm busy spending great amounts of money I've earned making software that works well for customer bases that aren't on the fringe.
This :nutter: is beyond repair :hihi:
But he's definitely advertising Reaper for free and very good too.
By just being so off he's certifying the greatness of Reaper and generating a great deal of responds to the great quality of it as well.
Bravo :clap:

(Maybe this is reverse psychology! It's working, he can't win a single argument :tu: )
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

The analysis of reaper sales graph is climbing by the minute!

Yay!!!!
Barry

More and more REAPER users are found felt asleep in their basements between Doritos and some bottles of Pepsi, after studying 400 pages of the manual and trying to customize everything... :P

Tricky-Loops wrote:More and more REAPER users are found felt asleep in their basements between Doritos and some bottles of Pepsi, after studying 400 pages of the manual and trying to customize everything... :P
Feth...

Sonar's manual is around 1,500+ pages and not even half of the customization of Reaper...:hihi:
Barry

BachRules wrote:Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as I'm busy
... “typing my fiftieth post in this thread”

Tricky-Loops wrote:More and more REAPER users are found felt asleep in their basements between Doritos and some bottles of Pepsi, after studying 400 pages of the manual and trying to customize everything... :P
haha!

farlukar wrote:
BachRules wrote:Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as I'm busy
... “typing my fiftieth post in this thread”
Also found a chestnut of a thread in DSP...stupid here cannot create link from phone...:dog:

Does System Performance Matter When Rendering Not In Real Time? :help:
Barry

If you don't like Reaper there is always Bitwig !

Reaper can be an addictive never ending Rubik's Cube of sorts for some specific personality types. Some guys (Type A) can tweak a few prefs here and there and move on. Some others (Type B) seem to tweak non-stop for years on end and try to somehow duplicate or emulate every single function in every workstation and won't really be happy until they can.

Saying Reaper can't do something is a challenge to that type who will spend hours trying to prove you wrong. :)

So, to not unfairly stereotype, It's most likely personality Type B that Tricky Loops was talking about being found in the basement with a carton of Doritos and a long list of actions and scripts on the floor. :hihi:

"mom, bring me my doritos and pepsi"

If I lived in my moms basement, I make her bring me coke and a salsa to boot :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:Reaper can be an addictive never ending Rubik's Cube of sorts for some specific personality types. Some guys (Type A) can tweak a few prefs here and there and move on. Some others (Type B) seem to tweak non-stop for years on end and try to somehow duplicate or emulate every single function in every workstation and won't really be happy until they can.

Saying Reaper can't do something is a challenge to that type who will spend hours trying to prove you wrong. :)

So, to not unfairly stereotype, It's most likely personality Type B that Tricky Loops was talking about being found in the basement with a carton of Doritos and a long list of actions and scripts on the floor. :hihi:
I guess those Type B guys would get a mental breakdown if they saw how I fiddle around with my mouse (and shortcuts), zooming in and zooming out. They'd rather use an action script and a short cut and get the same thing done in...well, maybe 5 seconds faster... :lol:

But then, even if they save around a few minutes per project with their perfectly customized customization, does it really matter? What do they do with these few minutes? Smoking a cigarette? :nutter:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”