Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper when audio preferences are not set correctly

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOK wrote:Wrong title still not changed by mods?
Should read "Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper, when audio preferences are not set correctly".
"All my tracks sound shit.Maybe its Reapers fault?"
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:"All my tracks sound shit.Maybe its Reapers fault?"
"Reaper. Because a DAW's sound-quality doesn't matter."
If you criticize Spitfire Audio, the mods will lock the thread.

"Reaper. Because you have nothing better to do than live on a DAW forum in order get your DAW to stop sounding bad."

jethrobull wrote:
WOK wrote:Wrong title still not changed by mods?
Should read "Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper, when audio preferences are not set correctly".
"All my tracks sound shit.Maybe its Reapers fault?"

All my tracks sound shit. Maybe it's my fault? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that it is huge conspiracy behind that. The top notch musicians and producers pay the DAW-developers big money, so everybodies music sound shit. :borg: :borg: :borg:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

BachRules

i did in fact read all of this thread, so i suppose it qualifies me to answer. i can see that you're pretty much trolling from the start, so i don't expect you to take my reply any more seriously than any others.

the only valid point you've made so far is that the default is not optimal and may lead to undesired effects. however, this having *anything* to do with how REAPER itself sounds is equivalent to blaming bad tubes in your amp because your guitar cable is bad. REAPER's summing engine (you, as a programmer, would probably know that all it does is adding numbers) has nothing to do with how a plugin may sound under different circumstances. this is a fallacious statement clearly intending to troll.

with that said, you've also made a number of at best fallacious statements and at worst, outright lies. the most glaringly obvious is your insinuation (no, statement! you actually said that verbatim!) that REAPER somehow implements VST spec wrong. curiously, when whyterabbit called you out on that, you chose to dodge the issue and bring up an unrelated point (namely, people complaining) instead, never addressing this issue. in fact, you clearly chose to dodge whyterabbit's replies, period, and concentrated on trolling and rehashing same old "REAPER sounds bad" story.

that's sad.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:BachRules that's sad.

and entertaining too. he's a good troll! very amusing to read his answers :tu:

This thread just keeps on rolling with backpain's commentary... :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

deft_bonz wrote:

If he could get to answer whyterabbit then it would be amusing indeed.
The only life he's got is within this thread.
He's quite lucky actually that we are pay some attention to his delirium.
BachWhat?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:

BachWhat?
Ummmm..and claiming a role in the first vst or some such. Maybe he was a coder's waterboy? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:

BachWhat?
Ummmm..and claiming a role in the first vst or some such. Maybe he was a coder's waterboy? :hihi:
Claiming to be a junior engineer at Seer Systems, but continually refers to one of their products as 'my software'. Also cleverly avoids giving his name.

liquidsound wrote:He's quite lucky actually that we are pay some attention to his delirium.
BachWhat?
Yes, we shouldn't feed the trolls. They tend to grow bigger and bigger :D

Kreskin, I am. :hihi:
LawrenceF wrote:Image

Burillo wrote:BachRules

i did in fact read all of this thread, so i suppose it qualifies me to answer. i can see that you're pretty much trolling from the start, so i don't expect you to take my reply any more seriously than any others.

the only valid point you've made so far is that the default is not optimal and may lead to undesired effects. however, this having *anything* to do with how REAPER itself sounds is equivalent to blaming bad tubes in your amp because your guitar cable is bad. REAPER's summing engine (you, as a programmer, would probably know that all it does is adding numbers) has nothing to do with how a plugin may sound under different circumstances. this is a fallacious statement clearly intending to troll.

with that said, you've also made a number of at best fallacious statements and at worst, outright lies. the most glaringly obvious is your insinuation (no, statement! you actually said that verbatim!) that REAPER somehow implements VST spec wrong. curiously, when whyterabbit called you out on that, you chose to dodge the issue and bring up an unrelated point (namely, people complaining) instead, never addressing this issue. in fact, you clearly chose to dodge whyterabbit's replies, period, and concentrated on trolling and rehashing same old "REAPER sounds bad" story.

that's sad.
In other words, Reaper sounds worse than other DAWs, as you ramble irrelevantly about summing engines and pretend daft default settings don't matter.

"Reaper. Because a DAW's sound-quality doesn't matter."
Last edited by BachRules on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HobbyCore wrote:Claiming to be a junior engineer at Seer Systems, but continually refers to one of their products as 'my software'. Also cleverly avoids giving his name.
Cry it out. Of course I wasn't the only one who made that software, but that's not going to make Reaper sound less bad I'm afraid.
Last edited by BachRules on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm quite sure I explained how the setting is in fact entirely practical. You are the daft one.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”