Emailing Yamaha/Steinberg Directors. What do you want from Cubase?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I am going to be sending an email to some yamaha executives/steinberg managing directors. Please post what you want from Steinberg in regards to Cubase/Nuendo. Please be nice and professional. I am going to forward them this page. This is a chance to voice your concerns etc. What I want is simple:
1. Don't rush Cubase 8 like Cubase 7 was rushed.
2. Focuses on fixing the bugs in Cubase 7.5.

Do you have an audience with them? I mean, are they expecting your email and to read your suggestions?

They likely care little for the individual opinions of a few on some random forum such as kvr. The Exec and Managing Directors are looking to develop the company, not the features in their products. That is the work of the underlings beneath them.

Are you sure such an email wouldn't be better addressed to someone else in the company?

I'd just like to see better pricing for those 1-2 whole versions behind the current, especially on upgrades from tier to tier (LE -> Artist, Artist -> Full). But this is neither here nor there since, unless you have a connection, I doubt they will listen and consider us.

I am going to be sending an email to some yamaha executives/steinberg managing directors.
While you're at it, could you please send an email to executives of Coca Cola and ask them if they'd consider re-introducing Tab Clear?

I hugely admire the contructiveness and sincerity in your approach. But I rather expect the answer to 'what do Yamaha want with Steinberg' to be: a cross-platform solution they can give away with their flagship synths and Nuage mixers. Everything else is cost centre limitation.

The real question is: what are you going to do if you don't get anywhere with them?

Stop buying the product. It's the only argument Stelling understands. Stop giving them money for the next two years.

Can they consider putting some cereal bars in the cubase 8 box for long sessions ?

Cubase is the only DAW that I know which limits you to 8 inserts per channel (6 hard wired to pre fader, 2 hard wired to post fader). I really wish they would take a look at DP, which in addition to no limits on the number of insert effects, allows you to drag a dot from the bottom of the channel strip making anything below that dot post fader, and thing above pre fader. So if you only need pre fader inserts, keep the dot on the bottom. Need all post fader inserts, move the dot to the top. And of course everything in-between.

I also hope they can improve load times when using more than 8 ports per instrument: http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35598
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Bounce in place. I mean built in BIP, not a macro script. No need to wait for C8 for that, it could come in 7.5.30.

Don't know why i put this up. But oh well. I hope a mod deletes this thread. Thanks.

Tell them they need to hire some ppl that understand how their products work and have a sincere interest in helping their customers... and then assign them to their support desk. I logged a support ticket recently and was appalled at their response. The rep claimed he could not help because he didn't have Tracktion installed on his system. Just about any newbie knows that you can down a fully functional copy at TSC! He had some other lame excuses as to why he could not help. I'm surprised he didn't tell me to download and install ASIO4all!!! 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:Tell them they need to hire some ppl that understand how their products work and have a sincere interest in helping their customers... and then assign them to their support desk. I logged a support ticket recently and was appalled at their response. The rep claimed he could not help because he didn't have Tracktion installed on his system. Just about any newbie knows that you can down a fully functional copy at TSC! He had some other lame excuses as to why he could not help. I'm surprised he didn't tell me to download and install ASIO4all!!! 8)
wat :dog:

beatmangler443 wrote:Don't know why i put this up. But oh well. I hope a mod deletes this thread. Thanks.
you can now lock threads you started if you wish :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

HobbyCore wrote:
Integratron wrote:Tell them they need to hire some ppl that understand how their products work and have a sincere interest in helping their customers... and then assign them to their support desk. I logged a support ticket recently and was appalled at their response. The rep claimed he could not help because he didn't have Tracktion installed on his system. Just about any newbie knows that you can down a fully functional copy at TSC! He had some other lame excuses as to why he could not help. I'm surprised he didn't tell me to download and install ASIO4all!!! 8)
wat :dog:
You actually expect tech support to download and install other DAWs? They won't and shouldn't do that. My experience with Cubase support has been superb on every occasion I've contacted them.

My problem was with Retrologue, not with the Cubase. I find it amazing that someone at KVR was able to provided a logical solution to my problem and the Steinberg rep didn't have a clue... not only that, it was obvious from his response that he was simply "not interested". Is that what you call superb service?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

With tech support as with many things a lot depends on who you get on the phone.

Getting back to the OP, I'd like Steinberg to look again at the Instrument Rack. It has everything I need, but I find it just a bit awkward to use. Perhaps other users are happy with it how it is - perhaps more use of colour may help?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”