WaveLab 8.0.4 update and WaveLab 8.5 Trial available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:I certainly hope a mod cleans up this thread and removes all the personal crap, KVR just stinks these days.
I hope they clean it up too.

Still, I'll never understand this. People have been making this personal for years on KVR. I think there's just as much as there ever was in the time I've been here... The good news is that it's not as bad as some seem to think, it's just you were lucky enough to have stumbled on a thread that got personal, but did you see all the other posts that are not personal?

The repeated attacks on Steinberg appear to be a personal vendetta. Some of us use Steinberg products and are interested in the threads related to Steinberg products, and it's really unfair to destroy every Steinberg thread with personal attacks on Steinberg and their representatives.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:The repeated attacks on Steinberg appear to be a personal vendetta. Some of us use Steinberg products and are interested in the threads related to Steinberg products, and it's really unfair to destroy every Steinberg thread with personal attacks on Steinberg and their representatives.
But unfair in which way? You still got the info that there's an update. I would think it's more unfair to the individual waiting on bug fixes that only come in the form of a paid update.

And since it's only one person (I'm not including myself since I don't use Wavelab anymore) that's complaining, surely there's enough room to coexist on the forum with each other's respective posts.

Look at it this way... If the attacks hadn't been personal, then there's good chance he would have only posted just once. The rest of the thread would have remained about the update.

nvmd

beatmangler443 wrote:Just wondering what your problem is with the Steinberg representative?
Read the backlogs - the "things I hate about Cubase 7" is a good start.

beatmangler443 wrote:If you had a problem with their products, then why waste your time repeating the same attitude via their stuff on here from the past year or so and buy something else?
I paid for the software, I can expect some sort of customer support at a timely manner.

Yet as the one that is requesting support, the only answers I get (after detailed reports, with system dumps, videos, screenshots, detailed documentation - weeks of invested time with no chance of actual work), the main answers I get are "it's not our fault", "we can't reproduce it", "it won't be fixed within the current release cycle, something else has higher priority" or even "it's the 3rd party developers fault".

Sure, I'm no Hans Zimmer, I'm not iZotope (who donated their dithering tool from Ozone with Wavelab 8 - as someone mentioned issues with the most recent Ozone in WL, PG the main programmer reacted instantly!). So I don't expect immediate response. But a response(!) in a timely manner, with taking things seriously would be a start.

Steinberg are masters of evading problems and pushing the Old Mary on to others. In case of the VST3 issues, that goes on since WL7, first through the VST SDK, then through direct contact, and finally from beta testers and regular users of the software in question like myself.

The tip of the iceberg is saying "I can't help you the next weeks, since I'm out of the house - recontact the support again if you have further questions". After 1,5 months of radio silence and two requests to get back in touch with me.

Just a couple of things to chew on.

Regarding the comment on "switching hosts":
Unless there is a host that suits my needs (there is really nothing compared to Wavelab, and I haven't found another main host alternative to Cubase either) - I won't switch. I made that pretty clear over a year ago. Deal with it.

beatmangler443 wrote:Being nice goes a long way. You probably didn't get any help maybe because of this attitude.
At the moment of my so called "outbursts" and "vendettas", several weeks did pass with very unsatisfying answers and constant requests to offer "more data".

I am merely scratching the surface on Wavelab here. Others might insist otherwise of course.

And in this case, I merely told GN to "not spam", but rather put this into the other already existing thread. There is a edit function for a reason. I also thanked for the this time "barely" delayed demo (1 month and 3 days is a new record!). Suddenly, hell is breaking loose.

Welcome to the internet.

chk071 wrote:So you think his posts are all completely reasonable?
What are you implying?
That my "behavior" needs to be "restrained" just because it doesn't suit your standards?

Like last time I was kicked off the boards after trolling from you, billcaroll and standalone all at the same time? Yet you didn't even get a smack on your fingers.

You can't insist that if there are problems that you "don't have", that they do not exist. And it isn't the first time that you beat that dead horse. You three, dare I say "groupies", do it again. And actually, this time it was standalone that derailed the thread. Last time it was you IIRC.

And I'm sure that the three of you don't have both Wavelab and Cubase, like I do. From my understanding, you three are all Cubase users. And not that long with the game as I am either. You only know the tip of the iceberg, you don't even know what criticism was being posted on GearSlutz and Steinberg.net prior to my so called "vendetta-esque" posts. Because you're mainly listening in on KVR Audio. I'm just one among many angered users, yet I am the only "loudmouth" in here.

So why bark up my tree?
What's your benefit from that other than pointing fingers?

Who is to blame in the first place?
Think about it.

Else, go ahead... contact the mods. Let them abuse their powers once more just to put yourself at ease, to feel "great" and "relieved" at the end of the day that you got "silence" again. And then write a statement over in the "production sub board", in the Mix Challenge threads to be precise, why I "disturbed the forum peace again" and why the current challenge was failing.

Before you people (the usual suspects) blame it on me, I'd ask myself what crap you pull yourself.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

With that said...

I am back to testing WL8.0.4 tonight/Friday and the WL8.5.10 demo this weekend (thankfully there is a demo this time around, unlike Cubase 7 which took nearly half a year!) - though I'm fairly sure that the bugs I addressed were not fixed (main excuse: developers fault - which I don't believe since the very same VST3 plugins I reported to be non-working in WL, do work in Cubase).

But I gladly let myself be surprised otherwise.

Else, definitely nice work in this thread. :clap: :tu:
Last edited by Compyfox on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Read the backlogs - the "things I hate about Cubase 7" is a good start.
Yeah, everyone knows where to find your rants. No need to redo them here.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Look who's talking. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Misquote, deleted
Last edited by billcarroll on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Compyfox wrote:Look who's talking. :tu:
This is a communal space. Treat it accordingly and not selfishly please.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Again, look who's talking.

Compyfox wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Just wondering what your problem is with the Steinberg representative?
Read the backlogs - the "things I hate about Cubase 7" is a good start.

beatmangler443 wrote:If you had a problem with their products, then why waste your time repeating the same attitude via their stuff on here from the past year or so and buy something else?
I paid for the software, I can expect some sort of customer support at a timely manner.

Yet as the one that is requesting support, the only answers I get (after detailed reports, with system dumps, videos, screenshots, detailed documentation - weeks of invested time with no chance of actual work), the main answers I get are "it's not our fault", "we can't reproduce it", "it won't be fixed within the current release cycle, something else has higher priority" or even "it's the 3rd party developers fault".

Sure, I'm no Hans Zimmer, I'm not iZotope (who donated their dithering tool from Ozone with Wavelab 8 - as someone mentioned issues with the most recent Ozone in WL, PG the main programmer reacted instantly!). So I don't expect immediate response. But a response(!) in a timely manner, with taking things seriously would be a start.

Steinberg are masters of evading problems and pushing the Old Mary on to others. In case of the VST3 issues, that goes on since WL7, first through the VST SDK, then through direct contact, and finally from beta testers and regular users of the software in question like myself.

The tip of the iceberg is saying "I can't help you the next weeks, since I'm out of the house - recontact the support again if you have further questions". After 1,5 months of radio silence and two requests to get back in touch with me.

Just a couple of things to chew on.

Regarding the comment on "switching hosts":
Unless there is a host that suits my needs (there is really nothing compared to Wavelab, and I haven't found another main host alternative to Cubase either) - I won't switch. I made that pretty clear over a year ago. Deal with it.

beatmangler443 wrote:Being nice goes a long way. You probably didn't get any help maybe because of this attitude.
At the moment of my so called "outbursts" and "vendettas", several weeks did pass with very unsatisfying answers and constant requests to offer "more data".

I am merely scratching the surface on Wavelab here. Others might insist otherwise of course.

And in this case, I merely told GN to "not spam", but rather put this into the other already existing thread. There is a edit function for a reason. I also thanked for the this time "barely" delayed demo (1 month and 3 days is a new record!). Suddenly, hell is breaking loose.

Welcome to the internet.

chk071 wrote:So you think his posts are all completely reasonable?
What are you implying?
That my "behavior" needs to be "restrained" just because it doesn't suit your standards?

Like last time I was kicked off the boards after trolling from you, billcaroll and standalone all at the same time? Yet you didn't even get a smack on your fingers.

You can't insist that if there are problems that you "don't have", that they do not exist. And it isn't the first time that you beat that dead horse. You three, dare I say "groupies", do it again. And actually, this time it was standalone that derailed the thread. Last time it was you IIRC.

And I'm sure that the three of you don't have both Wavelab and Cubase, like I do. From my understanding, you three are all Cubase users. And not that long with the game as I am either. You only know the tip of the iceberg, you don't even know what criticism was being posted on GearSlutz and Steinberg.net prior to my so called "vendetta-esque" posts. Because you're mainly listening in on KVR Audio. I'm just one among many angered users, yet I am the only "loudmouth" in here.

So why bark up my tree?
What's your benefit from that other than pointing fingers?

Who is to blame in the first place?
Think about it.

Else, go ahead... contact the mods. Let them abuse their powers once more just to put yourself at ease, to feel "great" and "relieved" at the end of the day that you got "silence" again. And then write a statement over in the "production sub board", in the Mix Challenge threads to be precise, why I "disturbed the forum peace again" and why the current challenge was failing.

Before you people (the usual suspects) blame it on me, I'd ask myself what crap you pull yourself.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

With that said...

I am back to testing WL8.0.4 tonight/Friday and the WL8.5.10 demo this weekend (thankfully there is a demo this time around, unlike Cubase 7 which took nearly half a year!) - though I'm fairly sure that the bugs I addressed were not fixed (main excuse: developers fault - which I don't believe since the very same VST3 plugins I reported to be non-working in WL, do work in Cubase).

But I gladly let myself be surprised otherwise.

Else, definitely nice work in this thread. :clap: :tu:
Not sure about anyone else, but I'm not asking you not to complain. Just please pick a thread per product and stick to complaining there instead of polluting every Steinberg thread on KVR with your personal vendetta.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Post answers asked question.
Responding to OT and "threat" by chk071

Stop with your stupid "vendetta" nonsense if you can't contribute anything better/useful - it's really getting old and annoying.

Thread is now reported. Enough is enough.
Good job, people.

f**k a duck. why every steinberg thread? I don't have time to clean this mess up; perhaps another mod can wade through.
I'm locking it and when I have time will clean it up if it hasn't already been done.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”