WaveLab 8.0.4 update and WaveLab 8.5 Trial available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZINO wrote:embrace buggy software®
Would you say that that is a fact, and applies to everyone using Steinberg products?

I would say that this is definitely a fact concerning my Cubase 7.0x. Awful amateur level software rushed and left broken so they can further milk the cow with a paid upgrade.

Well, i would say that that is rather your opinion than a fact. Apart from the fact that this is a Wavelab thread, and not a Cubase thread.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ahhh, another thread that smells like the alleys of Manhattan in the heat of summer.

I was pretty happy to see the Wavelab 8.04 update. Downloaded and installed.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

chk071 wrote:Well, i would say that that is rather your opinion than a fact. Apart from the fact that this is a Wavelab thread, and not a Cubase thread.
I can say the same about your opinion. Moreover, even though this is indeed a Wavelab thread, this product obviously comes from the same company and also follows the same yearly upgrade plan with Cubase so I can relate them.

Compyfox wrote:Could have been addressed in here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=415451

Then again, answers my Q if WL8.0.4 was abandonned.
And funny enough, if the support doesn't answer, the developer does if you bark up his tree loud enough.

But thanks for the information.

Oh and...
WL8.5 demo needs a registration at Steinberg.net and an Elicenser Key, to those who are interested.

Also a big :tu: for a demo with only a 1 month and 3 day delay
Just wondering what your problem is with the Steinberg representative? GN has been very helpful in my opinion and is accessible. If you had a problem with their products, then why waste your time repeating the same attitude via their stuff on here from the past year or so and buy something else? Being nice goes a long way. You probably didn't get any help maybe because of this attitude.

chk071 wrote:Well, i would say that that is rather your opinion than a fact. Apart from the fact that this is a Wavelab thread, and not a Cubase thread.
And I can throw in that was my experience with WaveLab. I won't ever buy Cubase or WaveLab because of my past experience, which was a lack of communication, an extremely buggy product with no feedback when bugs were reported (yes, with complete steps to recreate and bla, bla, bla). Also seeing how they charge for .5 updates is yet another reason I won't support them (since I'm not fond of paying for bug fixes).

I know there's lots of people that love their software of choice, but I also don't blame people for being vocal where they're dealing with a lack of feedback/communication for a product they may have invested good money in (with initial purchase and various upgrades through the years).

Another route would be to switch and never look back (like I did), but that's also not fair to suggest since for some it would seem to be easier to continue working with a stable and a familiar workflow in their already paid for software.

beatmangler443 wrote:

And funny enough, if the support doesn't answer, the developer does if you bark up his tree loud enough.

Oh and...
WL8.5 demo needs a registration at Steinberg.net and an Elicenser Key, to those who are interested.

Just wondering what your problem is with the Steinberg representative? GN has been very helpful in my opinion and is accessible. If you had a problem with their products, then why waste your time repeating the same attitude via their stuff on here from the past year or so and buy something else? Being nice goes a long way. You probably didn't get any help maybe because of this attitude.
I can't vouch for compyfox's "attitude" but the same way you're suggesting his experience is not the same as all, then you should consider that maybe your experience may have been an exception too. I know I just posted, but I'll say again I had a terrible experience and ended up selling my software as a result. I did not present a bad attitude, but simply got frustrated with a lack of response for serious bugs that interfered with basic operations of the program. I lost money on my purchase, but if I hadn't I'd be just as vocal and just as upset.

elxsound wrote:
And I can throw in that was my experience with WaveLab. I won't ever buy Cubase or WaveLab because of my past experience, which was a lack of communication, an extremely buggy product with no feedback when bugs were reported (yes, with complete steps to recreate and bla, bla, bla). Also seeing how they charge for .5 updates is yet another reason I won't support them (since I'm not fond of paying for bug fixes).

I know there's lots of people that love their software of choice, but I also don't blame people for being vocal where they're dealing with a lack of feedback/communication for a product they may have invested good money in (with initial purchase and various upgrades through the years).

Another route would be to switch and never look back (like I did), but that's also not fair to suggest since for some it would seem to be easier to continue working with a stable and a familiar workflow in their already paid for software.
Fair enough, but i don't see you enter every Steinberg thread which exists on KVR, and repeat your always the same flame posts. That's the difference, you chose not to support a company your not OK with anymore, other people make a personal war out of it, or, even wore, try to take influence and power on others. I mean, let's face it, it's obvious that this is the case here. Compyfox' has long ago made his point. This is just powerplays.

chk071 wrote:
elxsound wrote:

Fair enough, but i don't see you enter every Steinberg thread which exists on KVR, and repeat your always the same flame posts. That's the difference, you chose not to support a company your not OK with anymore, other people make a personal war out of it, or, even wore, try to take influence and power on others. I mean, let's face it, it's obvious that this is the case here. Compyfox' has long ago made his point. This is just powerplays.
I can't comment on the intent of his posts... That I don't know. I can however say that if I hadn't moved on, I would probably post just as much. I'm not saying it's good, but as a customer with money and clients on the line I would definitely do the same.

So you think his posts are all completely reasonable?

beatmangler443 wrote:

Oh and...

^^^ this ^^^
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Thing is, i'll surely avoid thread like these in the future, when they are no longer there for what they are intended, and that's info about updates, but for taking a general crap at the respective companies.

I certainly hope a mod cleans up this thread and removes all the personal crap, KVR just stinks these days.

chk071 wrote:So you think his posts are all completely reasonable?
I can't say I read ALL his posts, since I don't jump into every steinberg thread (I don't always notice them, and often am not that interested).

I do think it's reasonable to post about experiences and make some noise if there's things you've requested without response, especially if it's related to unsolved bugs the affect basic workflow (since again, I'm referring a bit to my own experience here).

People deserve to know the various experiences both good and bad about a program (or company) before they make a purchase.

The only reason why I even jump in is because the attacks appear personal, and seemed aimed at discounting his experience (which seem similar to mine and again, the reason why I moved on). I don't think it's necessary to make it personal (from any side of the issue).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”