DrumsAnywhere: Turn any surface into an Electronic Drum Kit.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks. That sounds very promising I must say.
The keys at my midi keyboard are not that inspiring. I always wanted to drum but my ears are highly sensitive.

PS another thing, if I want to use my foot (feet) to tap the bass drum (I can't check it out atm - no piezo mic), I guess I should connect the mic at a leg of the table in between the surface and the floor.

DrumsAnywhere wrote:In ASIO mode the output channel is released by DrumsAnywhere so other ASIO applications can use it. (Part of the demo was created by sending the output of DrumsAnywhere to VST instruments.) We expreienced no problem in that.

Of course if both apps want to use the same microphone channel at the same time, it is not possible in ASIO mode.

However this is perfectly possible when using the software in "normal" (non-ASIO) mode in which you can share the microphone with other applications at the same time.
Can you maybe create a some sort of walkthrough in terms of setting things up? I'm sure that possible future users might interest that.

Since you're on Windows, there are plenty of ASIO hosts to show as well.

DrumsAnywhere wrote:.Net Framework 4 is required. It is auto installed by the software in case you don't have it.
I'm on Win7 SP1, I should be covered indeed.
(checks, and yes... .NET 4.0.x is installed)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Does it support tight stick bounces, buzz rolls etc ?? Will there be a mac version ??

I'm interested to know if someone (and mainly a drummer) tried it and what does he think ? Is it working well ?
thanks

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Looks great !! Does it support stick bounces, buzz rolls etc ?? Will there be a mac version ??
Yes. It will definitely respond to stick stick bounces & buzz rolls.

Dazed Veins wrote:PS another thing, if I want to use my foot (feet) to tap the bass drum (I can't check it out atm - no piezo mic), I guess I should connect the mic at a leg of the table in between the surface and the floor.
We have tested this at it actually works. You have to use a sensitive piezo mic though.

DrumsAnywhere wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Looks great !! Does it support stick bounces, buzz rolls etc ?? Will there be a mac version ??
Yes. It will definitely respond to stick stick bounces & buzz rolls.
just not on a mac :hihi: :hihi:

cheers

Yes, Mac is not supported yet. Depending on the response we receive, we may release a Mac version.

DrumsAnywhere wrote:Yes, Mac is not supported yet. Depending on the response we receive, we may release a Mac version.
ok, cool

Is there an option to use multiple mics (one mic on one table and another mic on another table) or is this made for only one mic input?
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Hum. I installed the demo. After having tried to setup my audio interface, the soft crashed, and a continuous soundin my speakers (hopefully the volume of my audio interface was low !). Reboot. I tried again to run the soft, instant crash and continuous sound. Reboot. I try now to uninstall (with the uninstall.exe): Invalid start mode: archive filename.

I stop now. I've spent too much time on this and have now to uninstall it by myself. It was a nice idea but at this step it is at least not stable for me.

Yo

? ? ? wrote:Is there an option to use multiple mics (one mic on one table and another mic on another table) or is this made for only one mic input?
If you mix the input of the two mics, the software will probably work just as fine.

Just out of curiosity, why you need such a setup?

Question :

- do we need the drumsticks, could it work if we use our own finger as a middle-east hand drummer or indian tablas ?

DrumsAnywhere wrote:
? ? ? wrote:Is there an option to use multiple mics (one mic on one table and another mic on another table) or is this made for only one mic input?
If you mix the input of the two mics, the software will probably work just as fine.

Just out of curiosity, why you need such a setup?
Multiple performers on stage. Each with their exclusive "drum" setup.
Even if it is just one person in a live environment, it would look better if one can setup multiple items for percussion. I'm on a MAC but 'll keep an eye on this as I may switch back to Windows.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”