Studio One and Native Instruments status ,.. etc ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it's going to be a "put up with/workaround" or fish option.

Frankly, as mad as I am at about 3 people over at the forum this is still a terrific host. If CPU metering is a really big issue, go with reaper. You can go wrong. But S1 feels a tad more like a solid host to me. That is NOT a knock on reaper :x

hibidy wrote:So it's going to be a "put up with/workaround" or fish option.

Frankly, as mad as I am at about 3 people over at the forum this is still a terrific host. If CPU metering is a really big issue, go with reaper. You can go wrong. But S1 feels a tad more like a solid host to me. That is NOT a knock on reaper :x
I got Sonar X3 on sale for less than €20 just to check it out. I thought I'd give it a go to see if it would be better than S1. It has quite a few things that really drew me to it like the performance matrix and built in arp and step sequencer. And of course for that price it isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out. I must say the overall performance seems much better in terms of CPU, but the workflow just isn't as good as S1. It seems too "complicated" and is certainly less intuative. I hardly opened the manual with S1, but X3 isn't that way inclined at all. You really need to RTFM....which is a shame because I hate reading manuals.

Back to the S1 CPU issue. Well, S1 died on me big time this week. I can't run any of my old projects. There is a massive conflict somewhere on my system and the plug ins inside S1 are eating up all my CPU even when it isn't running. I posted on the presonus forums so hopefully someone will be able to help. It's sad because I was really looking forward to installing my new NI plugs I got and getting down to business.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

The version 2.6.3 came.
But still I can't focus the text area on Massive, FM8, Absynth.

Kenit wrote:The version 2.6.3 came.
It's a problem with NI. They confirmed it MONTHS ago.

Speaking of problems with NI, related to CPU usage in S1;

hibidy mentioned he has problems with Kontakt and I ran across some posts (here and elsewhere) that recommend setting up Kontakt to only use one core, if your DAW uses multi cores.

Have you looked at this to see how you have Kontakt set-up for core usage?

I did not know about this problem and had K5 set-up to use multiple cores. I too noticed some high CPU usage so changed this setting.

Maybe it's just me but the CPU usage seems to have settled down some.

Just a thought.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Yeah, I wish that worked but it didn't. Also, there some profile that you can set up for your computer and that never helped.

Well damn the bad luck hibidy.

Always something with these computers huh?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Well damn the bad luck hibidy.

Always something with these computers huh?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I just love them so :hihi:

Actually, I love computers, I just don't like hosts :evil:

kev2525 wrote: I got Sonar X3 on sale for less than €20 just to check it out. I thought I'd give it a go to see if it would be better than S1. It has quite a few things that really drew me to it like the performance matrix and built in arp and step sequencer. And of course for that price it isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work out. I must say the overall performance seems much better in terms of CPU, but the workflow just isn't as good as S1. It seems too "complicated" and is certainly less intuative. I hardly opened the manual with S1, but X3 isn't that way inclined at all. You really need to RTFM....which is a shame because I hate reading manuals.
Totally agree. While Studio One and Cubase seem to be all of a piece to me, Sonar X3 appeared as if they added this and that, and then tried to fit it all together. Symptomatic that there is mostly 3 different ways to do something in Sonar. What i didn't like either was the inconsistency of the GUI's of the included plugins. I'm used to the DAW plugins being uniformly. While it seems like a cosmetic thing, it can really mess up the way you work, when you have to get used to always different GUI's where you always have to find the relevant controls again...

hibidy wrote:
Kenit wrote:The version 2.6.3 came.
It's a problem with NI. They confirmed it MONTHS ago.
Thank you for the info, hibidy.
NI confirmed it months ago?
Why they don't fix it...

I re-replied to the email and hope that they dig it back up. The only thing I could recommend is that everyone with the bug, email NI TS and maybe kinda kindle a flame?

Maybe not so on topic, but I am quite desperate and interested in NI Komplete 9, does it require a dongle whatsoever? Couldn't find it at their page. Thank in advance.

Dazed Veins wrote:Maybe not so on topic, but I am quite desperate and interested in NI Komplete 9, does it require a dongle whatsoever? Couldn't find it at their page. Thank in advance.
no

@thanks! Yay.. woohoo! Kill the dongle system!

It does require its own proprietary Service Center which is a good way to provide copy protection.

The down side to SC is it wants to show you all updates for your registered instruments you should download, every time you run it; even though you may have already dl'd and installed a dozen times :shrug:

I haven't been able to figure a way to kill showing irrelevant updates.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”