Studio One and Native Instruments status ,.. etc ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back after a longer break, building new DAW, NI's Complete 9 will be the cornerstone in my new rig

Espespecially Kontakt, Reaktor, Session Horns

But I read about diffrent ongoing probs with S1 and NI's things in some fora's around the web

Exactly how is the status right now ?

Thanks in advance for any help !!!

(if any probs still I will switch back to Cubase or Reaper, got no time for bugs)

Btw. Not much traffic on the new Presonus-forum ,.. makes me wonder how it goes with S1
HM

HM wrote:Back after a longer break, building new DAW, NI's Complete 9 will be the cornerstone in my new rig

Espespecially Kontakt, Reaktor, Session Horns

But I read about diffrent ongoing probs with S1 and NI's things in some fora's around the web

Exactly how is the status right now ?

Thanks in advance for any help !!!

(if any probs still I will switch back to Cubase or Reaper, got no time for bugs)
I do not know of any specific problems with kontakt or reaktor in Studio One. I did a cursory search and it didn't pull up anything major. Komplete is working fine for me in Studio One, and is in fact the only host I've not had any major issues with it in.
Btw. Not much traffic on the new Presonus-forum ,.. makes me wonder how it goes with S1
1300+ posts in a month? That's more than motunation, logicprohelp, kvr hosts forum, any of the GS daw forums and a bit less than the Avid forums.

They just have so many sub forms that the post-counts for each forum look small.

You could reference http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... 015-a.html and see that Studio One has more users represented than bitwig, samplitude, reason, acid and nuendo combined. 79% more than sonar, 168% more than Digital Performer, 275% more than samplitude, 971% more than tracktion etc...

If you go by this poll: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=405465 then studio one is the most popular.

Seems to be alive and kicking to me, and remember that Summer NAMM is in 4 days. :party:

Expecting something for summer NAMM? 8) Well if I ever had a problem with anything it would be with Cubase but not Studio One.

HobbyCore wrote:
1300+ posts in a month? That's more than motunation, logicprohelp, kvr hosts forum, any of the GS daw forums and a bit less than the Avid forums.

They just have so many sub forms that the post-counts for each forum look small.
Well, actually the new forum went online less than 2 week ago (on July 1st) and it has already 2600+ posts... :wink:

dr4kan wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:

Well, actually the new forum went online less than 2 week ago (on July 1st) and it has already 2600+ posts... :wink:
Ah, I thought it went live in June, my mistake.

The studio one section only has 1300+ posts though (1374 right now). I wasn't wrong about that :tu:

Thanks, got some feed-back from the offcial forum also now, seem's the NI-problem is solved,...

Vaguely seems to remember some troubles with cpu-spike also, and also some issues with missing
ability to read and use normal tempo-tracks/maps as found in f.eks. Loopmasters drum multitrack
from Horseman, far as I remember there was a "work-around", but it was a very long-haired one :)
HM

I have cpu spikes. I've done all the recommended things presonus asked and it still does it. But I seem to be the only one.

hibidy wrote:I have cpu spikes. I've done all the recommended things presonus asked and it still does it. But I seem to be the only one.
I have that too and quite often. I just don't have the patience to solve the issue.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote:
hibidy wrote:I have cpu spikes. I've done all the recommended things presonus asked and it still does it. But I seem to be the only one.
I have that too and quite often. I just don't have the patience to solve the issue.
The spikes are annoying, that is true.

Wow, all 3 of us? Everytime I bring it up over at that place I no longer go, it's always just me.

I know presonus is aware of it though because eike contacted me once. In 2.5, it got better and went from not being able to use it at all to at least it working. Then 2.6 borked it a bit again. He mentioned some reason why but I'm not a technical scholar so I have no idea. I got a 4770 and at first, it seemed to be better, then it got bad again.

I can't keep up.

hibidy wrote:Wow, all 3 of us? Everytime I bring it up over at that place I no longer go, it's always just me.

I know presonus is aware of it though because eike contacted me once. In 2.5, it got better and went from not being able to use it at all to at least it working. Then 2.6 borked it a bit again. He mentioned some reason why but I'm not a technical scholar so I have no idea. I got a 4770 and at first, it seemed to be better, then it got bad again.

I can't keep up.
It's not just 'you 3'. I see crazy spikes on the meter all, but they don't affect the audio i/o at all for me. I don't get any dropped buffers.

It is definitely weird though.

The problem is that is can spike totally, which then makes things unusable. Even on my i7860 I couldn't use it before 2.5. It would just spike and sometimes drop out and then the audio engine would just stop. :shrug:

Eike said something about the 2nd core something or other (like I said, not really sure what any of it meant) but I don't get it in other hosts, and even trying all the suggestions I get no improvement. It's kinda like this. S1 is not my primary host so I try not to stress about it too much but I think it's fair that the OP knows that some people still have the issue even on a really modern/well designed system.

hibidy wrote:Wow, all 3 of us? Everytime I bring it up over at that place I no longer go, it's always just me.
Make that 4 (and I have a high-powered system) :wink:
Last edited by blueman on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

That was weird :?
Last edited by blueman on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doh!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”