So, the new Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2015 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.magix.com/de/samplitude-music-studio/detail/

Looking forward for the English page and offer.
Update: http://www.magix.com/gb/samplitude-music-studio/

Looking good though!
Last edited by 24MTS on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

The features are cool, but I remember buying it some years ago (not the 2015 obviously...) and found limitations on the number of tracks allowed (audio and midi) and the number of vst that I could load was ridiculous..
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Well, I did not resist the urge and I installed the trial, even though in German.

After playing for a while, I've got to have mixed feelings about it, but the bottom line is I am happy and I will probably stick to the SMS2013 anniversary version that I've got earlier this year, bundled with Independence Basic...

This SMS2015 gives me the general impression of more consumer level, more oriented toward begginers and/or very simple work. The interface suggests this orientation and it is indeed simpler, easier and clearer, but still I much more prefer the SMS2013, with it's details. Also, it might be the german menu, but I can not find the workspace selection. It might not be there at all - a huge loss if true.

I wouldn't want to say more, as I couldn't check it properly. The first impression is that the interface went through a face-lift, but only partially. There are interesting elements that indicates a more modern and friendly design, but it is not carried throughout all of GUI. The tracks are new design, but the track editor is stil the same as before... Actually , it is probably only the tracks header that was changed. Well, the Transport bar too. It is not bad, but it seems it is with the cost of loosing details.

There's no possibility to change skins. I'd miss my Cafe skin so much...

There's a new keyboard option, which can be used for recording MIDI notes. Nice addition.

Alright, you just go ahead and download the trial. Nothing wrong with testing it, if you are (or not) a Samplitude music Studio fan.

@stanlea: I've never had the impression 128 tracks will limit me in any way. And about the VST, if you mean effects, the four slots plus the sound fx integrated were always enough for me. This fx unit includes high quality eq, comp, stereo enhancer, rev and delay - all at least as good as any other, if not above. Plus, you could easily route one track to another, which will apply another four vsts plus sound fx, and so on so forth. Never a limitation, really.
Last edited by 24MTS on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------

Is it still so that the sample content included is not cleared for use in music making?

If you plan to do so, you have to pay to clear the samples for such use?

Edit: Does it still only allow Rewire as master, not slave?

I am not sure about this. I thought it was a problem with Music MAKER not Music STUDIO. I might be wrong though. And it is really only limited to the use of the loops included (soundpools), right?

This: http://www.magix.info/uk/samplitude-mus ... 77929.html
Last edited by 24MTS on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------

24MTS wrote:And it is really only limited to the use of the loops included (soundpools), right?
True, but nevertheless nice to use them as one wish.

Weird that the 2015 version is launched on the US page? :?
http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio/

Actually , it is probably only the tracks header that was changed. Well,
The track header has been done quite nicely although it looks a bit bolted on. Is that what is known as vector graphics?

Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

There's a new keyboard option, which can be used for recording MIDI notes. Nice addition.
I was hoping the keyboard would allow computer keyboard typing input like in Music Maker. but it doesn't seem possible.

Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

Weird that the 2015 version is launched on the US page? :?
http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio
That link takes me to SMS 2014.

I remember demoing a Magix suite about half a year ago, but it seemed buggy, never even got to make any music. There were issues with my VST's, the sound engine stuttered, etc. It seemed immature...

Of course all experiences are equally relevant here, so I will say that in my case SMS2013 was very stable, no issues. The only issues I have are due to the buggy E-mu drivers for my 0404 usb card. And about being immature, I understand what you're saying. But I can not say I agree. I think is a wrong perception due to the particular way Samplitude looks and works.

@Kraznet: the new GUI for tracks is very nice, I like that. I guess I'd like to see it all across the program, not only here and there. Maybe such things like this are giving the impression of immaturity... But I think it will be a nice update for Samplitude for future. If at least the track editor could have been updated graphically too.

What I don't like is that now SMS2015 is looking like a "consumer" product - having only the "easy" workspace available... I noticed you can much more easily add icons to the toolbars now, so it is easy to personalize, but I'd like to be able to get rid of the big "recording/editing/mixing/mastering/export" buttons for example. Even though some new features are very welcome, it is too bad some went away.

Also, the instruments included (I did not download any of the available one and maybe even more are actually included when buying the product) seems to be fewer, but this I will know better when I will install the English version, so I can find my way around menus. :) It is hard to beat the anniversary version that I have (2013, came with Independence Basic)

It is still a good product though. No one should be turned down by these little issues. They are certainly no show-stoppers.
Last edited by 24MTS on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------

double post
------------

I just tried Samplitude Music Studio 2015 a few minutes and I immediately found two heavy bugs. One of them made Samplitude Music Studio crash.

So, thank you Magix, until now it was a tough decision whether I would continue using Magix products, Samplitude Pro-X was full of bugs, I thought they would finally release something with less bugs, I gave them a last chance, so the relationship is over, now it's finally a really easy decision, thank you.

so they finally updated the GUI? last time i saw samplitude screenshots it looked like it was sure it's still mid-nineties.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Melodyshine wrote:I just tried Samplitude Music Studio 2015 a few minutes and I immediately found two heavy bugs. One of them made Samplitude Music Studio crash.

So, thank you Magix, until now it was a tough decision whether I would continue using Magix products, Samplitude Pro-X was full of bugs, I thought they would finally release something with less bugs, I gave them a last chance, so the relationship is over, now it's finally a really easy decision, thank you.
I know there are bugs that other people experience and some of them are indeed known bugs but I have been using Samp since 9 pro and am on Pro-X now and it has never been full of bugs for me. My issues have always been with Magix and their customer service but that has changed a lot in the last couple of years. I'm sorry you found a lot of bugs and I can truly understand that you would want to steer clear of Magix, but I do want to state that not everyone has the same experience...one thing that may be different for me is I use very few third party VTS's or VSTi's these days. A patch was released a couple of weeks ago but I have not as yet installed it.

I did have problems with YT Indy Pro over the years but since Pro-x that has cleared up and Magix bought Indy...before that Indy was a nightmare for me and when I upgraded to Pro-x Suite it was still a mess. But Tim at Magix sent me the full version of Pro-x Suite overnight and all was well. The issue was my disks I had for Indy didn't work anymore and the download content wasn't working...between Tim and Kraznet we resolved the issue (Kraznet helped track down the issue).

Meanwhile, their consumer grade products like Samp MS, the movie software and such have always been frustrating for me. But truth be told I haven't used any of those products in a few years and a few versions
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”