I can't install sonar x 3 after unistalling the sonar x3 producer trial.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I unistalled sonar x3 producer trial, I bought the sonar x 3 upgrade.
When I went to installed it. it detected the sonar x3 producer trial
the installation quit. Do I have to wait for the trial period to expire?
There are 29 days left on the trial period.
Thanks, Bill
P.S. I have contacted support.

When you de-installed the trial, did you cold boot the computer before attempting the install?

That may be a problem :shrug:

In the past my Sonar installations went side by side so I didn't have the issue you describe.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I have never installed a SONAR demo but am surprised the full version would care about the demo. At any rate, Cakewalk uninstall processes leave registry entries behind. If you feel comfortable editing the registry look for X3 entries in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer
and remove them. This should completely remove references to the demo.

Also make sure to download the X3e update from the support page (where the download/install instructions are located) and reset and rescan VST plug-ins after the upgrade.

Be wary of editing the registry on an upgrade. It may require those entries to satisfy an upgrade scenario.

That is why I suggested a cold boot; knowing that Sonar writes to the registry, if Cakewalk wrote the code correctly, a cold boot should remove what is necessary from the registry. It won't until you do the cold boot - meaning, I wouldn't trust a "restart" to do the full job.

Assuming of course Cakewalk coded properly :shrug:

If, OTOH, the X3 upgrade is a full installer then should be nothing to worry about by editing the registry.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Something is unclear - you bought upgrade - from what?
Sonar 8.x, X1, X2, or?

You had some Sonar installed when doing X3 Producer trial?

I'm thinking if you bought the correct upgrade.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Be wary of editing the registry on an upgrade. It may require those entries to satisfy an upgrade scenario.
If, OTOH, the X3 upgrade is a full installer then should be nothing to worry about by editing the registry.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
SONAR upgrades are full retail versions with special upgrade pricing based on a previously registered Cakewalk product, There is no requirement to have any Cakewalk product installed prior to installing a SONAR upgrade.

Thanks guys,
I removed those registrty entries. they where the problem.
Thanks scook!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”