ReBirth rewired into Cubase Elements - how to prevent tempo change by rewire slave?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

the situation is following: I have ReBirth rewired into Cubase 6 Elements. Now i began to write a track yesterday, using ReBirth's 808 and 909 drum machine, and some virtual instruments in Cubase, i changed the tempo in Cubase to 130 bpm. I saved the track in both Cubase and ReBirth. Now the problem is, when i load up the project, and then i start ReBirth, ReBirth loads up the default track in it, which is 140 bpm. Now one would thinkg that the rewire master controls the tempo, but not in this case. It also changes the tempo in Cubase to 140 bpm, which is annoying obviously, as the track i'm creating is, and should remain at, 130 bpm. Is there a setting where i can define the behavior, so the master application controls the tempo, and not the slave application? And why does the slave application control anything anyway, it's a slave, not a master. :P

Little "Everybody back from work" bump. :P

Rewire is a bi directional protocol, so for example i could load logic, then reason, and change the tempo, loop points, playback head.. all in reason, and logic will follow, even though it's the master.

If there is no way to disable the default track loading up in rebirth, then i am afraid you will just have to put up with it.

If you double click your cubase transport and type "130", (i presume you are in fixed mode in this case?) then you will see rebirth follow.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Alright, so i guess i have to find a way to disable ReBirth loading the default track on startup. Need to check if that's possible. Thanks, that definitely helps me. :)

Edit: Hm, just realized that i'm stupid. When i load up my Cubase project, and then rewire ReBirth into Cubase, it may change the tempo, because the default track loads up, but it changes the tempo again when i load up the project specific ReBirth track again, so it's the right tempo again when i load it up. :dog: Anyway, good to know that it's bi-directional. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”