Can you stretch Midi notes like this in Fl Studio?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes absolutely for single notes you just grab the end (beginning or end), for multiple notes there is a small circle vertically centered a little bit to the right of the last notes, you can grab and stretch all the selected notes

Wow cool. Thank you.

Does it work the other way around? Let's say I have a clip of 11 quarter notes according to the time signature then push it back to 1 bar=11/4 measure..

PS wait a minute..
We have a 4/4 signature. As standard.
-
1: I count 11×1/4 single notes in a clip.
2: Squeeze it back to ONE measure from that position=11/11 MEASURE.
-
I have to correct myself here.
So you get a 11/11 and a 4/4 meter per measure in the above mentioned case. Where the measure stands for the chosen standard indication as unit in time.
-
Otherwise you could have for instance: 4/4, 3/4, 4/4 (decrease). Compare: 4/4, 3/3, 4/4 (standard).
-
Or in this case: 4/4, 11/4 (increase). Compare: 4/4, 11/11 (standard).
-
My former comment was born out of this confusion, because it obviously works both ways as I have demonstrated here. By matter of percentage.

This is more for tuplets and all of that. Not so much time signatures. Would be a mess to do it that way. For me.

I have to admit I was kinda amused by this topic as FL has generally had most of these features before other hosts, including some big names playing catch-up to it. :)

Me too. Been a fl lover for so long but it's been a while since I've used it because I work with all sorts of different genres of music so I need a easy way to do multiple time signatures and it's easy as hell in the other daws I use. I would love to be able to use fl.

Doesn't FL allow free selection of midinotes - like a lasso / loop style rather than only a geometric rectangle style. I don't know any other DAWs that allow this even though it is standard in visual editors and audio editors. I've always thought not allowing easy selection of things like melodies using a lasso really strange.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”