Live 9.2 in beta. Latency compensation fixes, and legacy OSes dropped

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/liv ... ase-notes/

Notable on the feature changes list:
  • Live Sets that contain Max for Live devices or third-party plug-ins now have lower latency.
    Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated.
    Dropped compatibility for Windows XP and Vista, OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What's the tuner device?

Yeah, good news (as long as you're not using older OS's), I like to believe that we have to thank Bitwig in part for some of the changes in Live in the past year.

This:
Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 13.27.56.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CU
VK

Nice! Looks very useful.

64 pad drum rack for Push! Schweeeet :)
Added 64 Pad Drum Rack mode for Push. The Note button now toggles between the Drum Rack three section layout and the 64 Pad Mode.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Tuner is great when I'm making my own presets in synths and I'm not 100% sure if the sound is in tune. If the ball is green it's 100% in tune. handy for tuning a guitar too.

Lower latency for third party plugins!!!!!!!! Sounds interesting wonder by how much though.

WOAH.. this is huge.. they really are addressing the pdc issue? WOW! That was the big one IMO that bitwig had over Live. I just knew BW in that way was a good thing as would get ableton to fix things. I wonder if they will improve midi a bit next and allow multi track midi note view. Thanks for the heads up WR!

This is huge indeed if it works 100%. I expected this at earliest stage with Live 10.x.
Cudos to the Abes for fixing this. This makes the step to Bitwig even harder. :)

Great news. Thanks for the heads up Whyterabbit! I was expecting the pdc thing to be a live 10 feature. Even better!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

All it needs now is better sound quality to compete with Pro Tools :hyper: :lol: :hihi:

PDC is fixed/improved? Hard to believe, considering all the users who reported these problems, they always replied "Working as intended".

This is very good news, took a longtime but finally pdc fixed! I wonder if tempo based plug-ins now also function properly when plug-ins that add latency are in the same chain?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:This is very good news, took a longtime but finally pdc fixed!
I seriously doubt that. :?

Not that I'm complaining, but I wonder how they came to the conclusion that of all the audio plugins, what live lacks is a tuner?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”