Cheap/Low Functioning Mastering DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I switched from Cubase to Ableton Live a year ago and am thinking of selling my Copy of Cubase, if I still need some of the more powerful editing features then I will use reaper.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my copy of Wavelab 7 too as I really don't use its feature set too much. Simple crop/fades, mastering FX chain and then export, maybe with dither.

How does anyone else do (home) mastering? Is reaper fairly flexible for this kind of task, or do I just consider Audacity? Or is there something better out there that I don't know about?

thanks!

You can master in absolutely any DAW. I do most of mine in Reaper and a few in Harrison Mixbus.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

If you plan to use (and learn) Reaper, you better stick with it for mastering also. It has all the functionalities you need for mastering, and you won't have to learn something else.

Marc

I'm a Cubase user but I use Reaper for mastering, mainly because of it's per object fx capability, sadly still missing from Cubase.

geroyannis wrote:I'm a Cubase user but I use Reaper for mastering, mainly because of it's per object fx capability, sadly still missing from Cubase.
That's an excellent point actually - very, very useful in mastering if you have a pesky frequency or noise in one tiny place.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”