Logic X 10.1 praise

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only just realised now what a massive update 10.1 is..

VCA faders, drum designer, new compressors, great automation changes (finally including region automation and trim), brush tool, time handle, etc.

In areas just a case of catching up, but who cares.
Logic is most definitely getting Apple love.

:tu:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I agree, it was a massive update, I very much like the new compressors actually and the VCA fader gets a lot of use too.

Honestly, for me, Logic has become really flakey of late. GUI hangups are a constant (especially with U-He Plugins and yes, I have downloaded the latest installers with the supposed fix). In the last half hour, it has crashed 3 times (and I have done poermission repairs etc, yadda yadda). Half the reason I switched to Mac in 2006 was for the stability Logic (and OS X) offered, alas, I am really not seeing this anymore. I doubt I will be continuing to work in the Apple ecosystem much longer....pity really.

jacqueslacouth wrote:Honestly, for me, Logic has become really flakey of late. GUI hangups are a constant (especially with U-He Plugins and yes, I have downloaded the latest installers with the supposed fix). In the last half hour, it has crashed 3 times (and I have done poermission repairs etc, yadda yadda). Half the reason I switched to Mac in 2006 was for the stability Logic (and OS X) offered, alas, I am really not seeing this anymore. I doubt I will be continuing to work in the Apple ecosystem much longer....pity really.
You may want to inspect your system a bit. Logic is rock solid here. I run several U-he plugins and have personally never experienced those issues. Repairing permissions is a load of crap btw. Check the console, I bet you can find the same errors coming back each time.

I do have to say, Yosemite has given me some headaches, like freezes when coming out of sleep etc. All of them ended up being related to unsigned kernel extensions, even including that ruddy Codemeter crap.

spaceman wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:Honestly, for me, Logic has become really flakey of late. GUI hangups are a constant (especially with U-He Plugins and yes, I have downloaded the latest installers with the supposed fix). In the last half hour, it has crashed 3 times (and I have done poermission repairs etc, yadda yadda). Half the reason I switched to Mac in 2006 was for the stability Logic (and OS X) offered, alas, I am really not seeing this anymore. I doubt I will be continuing to work in the Apple ecosystem much longer....pity really.
You may want to inspect your system a bit. Logic is rock solid here. I run several U-he plugins and have personally never experienced those issues. Repairing permissions is a load of crap btw. Check the console, I bet you can find the same errors coming back each time.

I do have to say, Yosemite has given me some headaches, like freezes when coming out of sleep etc. All of them ended up being related to unsigned kernel extensions, even including that ruddy Codemeter crap.
Correct, there is a littany of computer mumbo jumbo which means absolutely bugger all to me showing up on the console...invalid kernel address is a common one....but what do I do with this information? Am I supposed to know how to fix this? I thought with apple it was just supposed to work....computers for simps like myself :)

LogicX has been totally unflakey here since I installed it, not a single crash in months.

I'm using Logix X on a mid 2011 3.1 Ghz iMac without issues..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

When I close 10.1, it crashes either Amplitube 3 or Engine. There may be others, but as those 2 are in my main template, projects using this always close with a crash. It is no biggie, as I've saved first, and it never crashes during a session (which is the important thing). I have no use for the beat designer, but I wish the piano roll would be customizable with drum names for either GM mapped drums or 3rd party plugs. I use a customized hypereditor mapped instrument for the drums right now.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Logic 9 is definitely getting flakey - I can't seem to load EXS sampler any more without it crashing Logic.

aMUSEd wrote:Logic 9 is definitely getting flakey - I can't seem to load EXS sampler any more without it crashing Logic.
Never happens here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”