Sundog 2.0 (electronic songwriting software) coming soon.. -> Sneak Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

xbitz wrote:... and putting this octave selector before drag and drop box would be also very handy :) ... in this case we would able to add/doubling/selecting/disabling given chord parts (or able to add extra bass line etc.) before drag and dropping ...
octave_selector.fw.png
Hmmm.. I'm not sure if I understand you properly here. Do you speak of the drag and drop MIDI icon in the chords view? Or does this octave selector alter the octave of the current chord?
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

kalbinsson wrote:Yes, you should definitely freeze the features after adding this feature... ;-)

Thanks for the great work you are doing.

/K

:hihi:

Thanks a lot :)!
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

hauke wrote:
xbitz wrote:... and putting this octave selector before drag and drop box would be also very handy :) ... in this case we would able to add/doubling/selecting/disabling given chord parts (or able to add extra bass line etc.) before drag and dropping ...
octave_selector.fw.png
Hmmm.. I'm not sure if I understand you properly here. Do you speak of the drag and drop MIDI icon in the chords view? Or does this octave selector alter the octave of the current chord?
per chord yepp (so if would able to drag and drop chords one by one), so check how http://www.synleor.com/improvisator.html is working :D it's great just its development been stopped , u can't drag and drop chords from it just with using save MIDI ...
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: per chord yepp (so if would able to drag and drop chords one by one)
Ah, I see! Thanks for the clarification!
BTW: The new chords view has a bigger octave range. This should be interesting for spreading chords.

so putting a video about the workflow of the Harmony Improvisator here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9i1bGBK8c

it's great just its development been stopped , u can't drag and drop chords from it just with using save MIDI etc. so bit outdated but the used concepts are cool ones in it, can be great starting point if u develop some VST based chorder

Hauke,

The 2.0 update looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to it!

I'd still like a way to loop the chord selector and be able to demo different chords in one location in the progression while the progression loops instead of it changing the chord at whatever location the loop is currently at when a chord button is clicked.

Other than that... great job as always! Can't wait. :hyper:

Naenyn wrote:Hauke,

The 2.0 update looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to it!

I'd still like a way to loop the chord selector and be able to demo different chords in one location in the progression while the progression loops instead of it changing the chord at whatever location the loop is currently at when a chord button is clicked.

Other than that... great job as always! Can't wait. :hyper:

Yes, this topic (listening to different chord progressions) is on my list. There are various approaches. Maybe I can combine a few..

I somehow missed this program completely, and I love experimenting with this sort of thing. So if I buy the current version now, the upgrade to 2.0 is free? Or would it be better to wait for the new version before buying at this point?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I somehow missed this program completely, and I love experimenting with this sort of thing. So if I buy the current version now, the upgrade to 2.0 is free? Or would it be better to wait for the new version before buying at this point?
Yep, the upgrade will be free!
Check out the current demo. If you already like Sundog 1.5 it would probably make sense to buy now. Sundog 2.0 won't be cheaper than 1.5.
I think I will probably keep the old price for a very short time when I release 2.0, but then will go up a bit. So if you want to wait for the 2.0 it might make sense to join the newsletter ;).

Just for info, Improvisator now has midi drag/drop to host in beta version.

Musical Gym wrote:Just for info, Improvisator now has midi drag/drop to host in beta version.
is it a closed one or , ... http://www.kvraudio.com/developer/cochleor the latest news come from 2011

xbitz wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Just for info, Improvisator now has midi drag/drop to host in beta version.
is it a closed one or , ... http://www.kvraudio.com/developer/cochleor the latest news come from 2011
Sorry, I believe it's closed. Last I heard was in September 2014 and he was working on it then. I don't know why delay on releasing a new version. You could try to contact him via his website.

hauke wrote:
  • Show chord tensions: Quickly see which chords are harmonious or mildly dissonant. Very useful to figure out how you can build and release tension in your progressions.
Really awesome Hauke! :tu: :clap:

Much appreciated, you are doing a great job!

btw: drag/drop into Bitwig definatly works already in the RC3 of Bitwig, so goood!

cheers
Mark

*Drooling* :P

What a great update, can't wait to play with it ;)

I'm really looking forward to this. Sundog is such a great composition tool.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”