NYRV Systems announces the launch of AGENT 4/17/15

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR'ers,

I am proud to announce that we have completed development and testing of AGENT and will release it to the public on 4/17/2015. www.nyrvsystems.com

AGENT is:
1) a zero latency, cross platform sub-host for VST and AU plugins that runs in every major DAW including Protools, Abelton, Cubase, DP, Reaper, Sonar, Bitwig, and many many more.
2) a virtual control surface with a customization interface and 96 parameter controls
3) 12 high quality audio effects
4) an effects chaining and routing tool

AGENT has:
1) 16 Slots that can be filled with VST and AU plugins in the same chain
2) Per plugin metering directly on the interface
3) Dedicated routing screen with independent gain and mix for each plugin slot
4) precise control over how all your parameters behave and look.

AGENT Lets You:
1) Create your perfect channel strip and effects rack
2) Map your desired controls to the virtual control surface
3) Link to your existing hardware controller
4) Control 16 plugins from 1 controller all at the same time

Not enough? Customize the look of AGENT with hundreds of pre-configured graphical elements or create your own graphics and easily load them into AGENT. Still want more customization? Create your own custom skins from scratch or using one of our templates.

by mid summer we will be launching a companion tablet app that will allow you to control all your AGENT instances and navigate your projects from the palm of your hand. Follow us to keep in the loop

Thanks

Jeff

www.nyrvsystems.com
t @nyrvsystems
instagram nyrvsystems

Price?

Retail price is $249 for the AGENT and $100 for the 12 audio effects but we will be offering a bundle for both at an introductory price of $149 for everything!

Jeff

Thanks for the info.

Intro Promotional Pricing will last at least until the App is released.

App is expected to be released in June

Can't see a link to download a demo...? :(

Hey All,

Sorry for the delay but the Demo is available for download NOW! www.nyrvsystems.com 30 Day free demo.

Hope you enjoy. let us know what you think.

Thanks Much

Jeff

nyrvsystems wrote:Hey KVR'ers,

I am proud to announce that we have completed development and testing of AGENT and will release it to the public on 4/17/2015. http://www.nyrvsystems.com

by mid summer we will be launching a companion tablet app that will allow you to control all your AGENT instances and navigate your projects from the palm of your hand. Follow us to keep in the loop
I love the app idea, but it's only tablet correct? And intro pricing is until the 17th?

Tablet app is coming later this summer.

AGENT is VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 32 & 64 bit plugin formats. It hosts VST2 & 3 and Audio Units plugins.

Introductory pricing is available at least until the tablet app is released. the tablet will interact with the AGENT software.

nyrvsystems wrote:Tablet app is coming later this summer.

AGENT is VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 32 & 64 bit plugin formats. It hosts VST2 & 3 and Audio Units plugins.

Introductory pricing is available at least until the tablet app is released. the tablet will interact with the AGENT software.
Glad that intro pricing will be up for summer! Gona save to buy this bad boy! Thanks for sharing

Everytime I try to install the Mac version, I am told the dmg is damaged and to eject it. I have redownloaded a few times and get the same error each time. Anyone else?
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

I try to help Jeff out a bit in terms of questions on KVR Audio. He's new here, and being active on various platforms if a huge workload.

julioelgenio wrote:I love the app idea, but it's only tablet correct?
As of this moment, AGENT is in very basic form a "host, sub-hosting plugins", which in turn gives you the possibility to connect plugins (as of this moment) in series, and then create a custom GUI, and controlling it with whatever tool you desire. Including hardware modules like the Behringer Control BCR2000 or the Livid Instruments Code v2 MIDI Controller.

If you're interested in controlling AGENT with the BCR2000, there is a guide already written along with prepared SYSEX files. Please give the developers a couple of days to update the database.

There is a "tablet expansion" planned for the near future. Ideas are on the lines of "what you see on the GUI will be mirrored on your tablet" as well. This way you won't need a third party hardware controller, you won't run into host hardware controller limitations and you get full duplex control of AGENT. But this engine is not in beta yet. So all I know (and can tell) is that it's coming. Though it is planned to offer both iOS and Android apps (yes, the Android users are not ignored this time around).

julioelgenio wrote:And intro pricing is until the 17th?
As Jeff already mentioned, until the tablet app is released, the price will remain discounted.

hoth wrote:Everytime I try to install the Mac version, I am told the dmg is damaged and to eject it. I have redownloaded a few times and get the same error each time. Anyone else?
The developers and internal beta testers are on to that.

Some official technical bits and pieces:
nyrvsystems wrote:AGENT is VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 32 & 64 bit plugin formats. It hosts VST2 & 3 and Audio Units plugins.
Interested users should keep in mind, that NYRV SYSTEMS AGENT does not "bridge" plugins. As of this moment, there is no bridge built in. And depending on the user feedback, it might never see an implementation (it was a FR during beta days). So if you want to see "bridging", please write the developers why you'd love to see that.

If you regularly switch between 32bit and 64bit, please keep in mind that saved presets (global/page) do not(!) properly recall the plugins. Please work within one bit topography.

Another thing (and IMO a main selling point) for ProTools users:
You can load VST2 and VST3 plugins in your ProTools environment!
So you get another wrapper on top of the already known ones.

A warning for Steinberg users (Windows mainly):
The VST3 plugin of AGENT is currently not recommended to be used within CubEndo (7 and up) and Wavelab (8.x). It causes random crashes due to the fact that the engine behind AGENT is built upon the JUCE framework. The developers are on to these issues, actually Steinberg is also on to it as well but ultimately abandonned it with C7.x. As of this moment, all CubEndo/Wavelab beta testers recommend to use the VST2 version instead. You can still sub-host VST3 plugins. But you might lose out on Steinberg's sidechaining engine.

The copy protection scheme:
The copy protection engine is "call and response". Those that used the NI license manager, or the iLok manager will be familiar with the handling. You load a plugin, start the license manager, log into the account, drag over your license to your computer and then start using the software.

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Please consult the user manual of what's possible.
AGENT is still fresh - so there is a lot of room for more.
Last edited by Compyfox on Sat May 09, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

hoth wrote:Everytime I try to install the Mac version, I am told the dmg is damaged and to eject it. I have redownloaded a few times and get the same error each time. Anyone else?
Hoth,

Sorry for the inconvenience. this issue should be corrected. Please try again and let us know if you are still having an issue.

Thanks

Jeff

A quick update:

Compyfox wrote:If you're interested in controlling AGENT with the BCR2000, there is a guide already written along with prepared SYSEX files. Please give the developers a couple of days to update the database.
The PDF guide (which also covers the MIDI Learn function) is now online and can be found via the user account / support section, or via direct access through the store (product page for AGENT)

http://my.nyrvsystems.com/store

I'm sure the SYSEX files will find it's way into the database eventually as well.
Last edited by Compyfox on Tue May 12, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”