Studio One Update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:You're actually right knober. :tu: I actually meant (or was thinking of) cues, not FX. :) I stand corrected.

You can't solo - tracks - without also cutting off all of the cue sends because there is no solo bus, all the other tracks mute when you solo, so you need a solo bus to do that. So when tracking musicians you can't do things like solo signals in the control room because it mutes all the other tracks feeding the cues.

But you're right, that mute behavior doesn't happen when soloing fx and group busses. Well, it does, but not for anything actually feeding that bus.

See? It's not that difficult to admit when you're dead wrong about something. :party: :tu:

Sorry for the inaccuracy of that previous comment. :tu:
sorry DB post
Last edited by Knober on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote:You're actually right knober. :tu: I actually meant (or was thinking of) cues, not FX. :) I stand corrected.

You can't solo - tracks - without also cutting off all of the cue sends because there is no solo bus, all the other tracks mute when you solo, so you need a solo bus to do that. So when tracking musicians you can't do things like solo signals in the control room because it mutes all the other tracks feeding the cues.

But you're right, that mute behavior doesn't happen when soloing fx and group busses. Well, it does, but not for anything actually feeding that bus.

See? It's not that difficult to admit when you're dead wrong about something. :party: :tu:

Sorry for the inaccuracy of that previous comment. :tu:
i'm sorry for you bro, i never speak about cue, controll room and stuff like that, you did.
the main point is the point of view. I run everything ITB so i'm not talkin about mixing consolles, vocal recording etc.

Studio One calls it "FX Sends" ableton call it just "Sends", wich is basically a buss. Can you "solo" FX sends and hear just the effect within the daw? the answer it's yes. So i'm not in the wrong side since i'm talking all ITB. Solo = mute other channels?? Doesn't make any difference from a ITB point of view, really no.

ITB-wise Studio One is the best in soloing and muting channels. You can do crazy rountings and have strange sends routings, but S1 will make you hear what you need. I can't speak for non-ITB process, but from my point of view is just perfect.

Hmmmmmmm??????

Knober wrote:i'm sorry for you bro
:hihi: You're not very good at accepting sincere apologies are you? :lol: I can say "I was dead wrong, sorry." a few more times if that makes you feel better.

It's part of the human condition, being wrong sometimes. It's also part of being an adult, apologizing and/or correcting it when you realize that you are/were wrong. But I can say it again if you really need that. :)

Glad to see ya back btw MostWest. :wink:

LawrenceF wrote:
Knober wrote:i'm sorry for you bro
:hihi: You're not very good at accepting sincere apologies are you? :lol: I can say "I was dead wrong, sorry." a few more times if that makes you feel better.

It's part of the human condition, being wrong sometimes. It's also part of being an adult, apologizing and/or correcting it when you realize that you are/were wrong. But I can say it again if you really need that. :)

Glad to see ya back btw Mostwest. :wink:
Never said that you are wrong, just itb you can solo busses and fx sends effects.
Mosteest what?

Mosteest what?
I thought you might be MostWest, the guy who got banned here under 4 different users names for using an S1 crack and likes chatting about his cracked Studio One and training people on S1 with his crack. I only thought that because your join date was around the same time his 4th user name got banned and you also like talking about S1, and are knowledgeable about it, as is he, and you kinda write a lot like him.

Let me sincerely apologize in advance if I got that one wrong too.

Thanks Knober.

LawrenceF wrote:
Mosteest what?
I thought you might be MostWest, the guy who got banned here under 4 different users names for using an S1 crack and likes chatting about his cracked Studio One and training people on S1 with his crack. I only thought that because your join date was the same or next day after his 4th user name got banned and you also like talking about S1, and are knowledgeable about it, as is he, and you kinda write a lot like him.

Let me sincerely apologize in advance if I got that one wrong too.

Thanks Knober.
Apologies accepted
i have read some his post, it's just a stupid kid who deserves to be punish by his parents more often. he his just as all the little kids with cracked FL Studio. All daw should go with iLok protection to take down piracy.

Knober wrote:just got this guys 8)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3388

I am excite. :party:

The truth will be revealed this week if Studio One v3 will be revealed at Musikmesse!!! Just don't get your hopes too high though...

SeeingInMidi wrote:The truth will be revealed this week if Studio One v3 will be revealed at Musikmesse!!! Just don't get your hopes too high though...
No one would be silly enough to do that... right (rhetorical question)? :scared:
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

SeeingInMidi wrote:The truth will be revealed this week if Studio One v3 will be revealed at Musikmesse!!! Just don't get your hopes too high though...
Studio one 3 will be sold at the end or at the beginning of the summer. I reallt don't like when i product is revealed. And then you have to wait 2-3 months to buy it. I know it's part of the business, but I would you like to buy it as soon as revealed. I'm asking too much??

Knober wrote:
Studio one 3 will be sold at the end or at the beginning of the summer. I reallt don't like when i product is revealed. And then you have to wait 2-3 months to buy it. I know it's part of the business, but I would you like to buy it as soon as revealed. I'm asking too much??
I saw a post over at the Presonus forums from a relatively reputable guy that stated that Presonus doesn't announce anything new that isn't at least 30 days within release. Still not entirely sure how accurate that is. I guess we will find out with S1 v3.

Arcane Master wrote:
No one would be silly enough to do that... right (rhetorical question)? :scared:
Hehe :pray:

:pray:

I think I am going to hibernate for three days and on the fourth day I shall awaken to... STUDIO ONE 3.0!

:pray:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”