Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scottex wrote:The post on The fb page was removed and the guy was arrested LOL
He wasn't arrested, people were just joking.

Uncle E wrote:
Without giving too much away, I'll just say don't buy Kontakt until S1 V3 is released.
i personal don´t think that a Sampler like Presence can replace Kontakt completely , with your hint i think they made an import from kontakt nki probably

also on the picture few posts ago Maj Taj looks like more an synth to me

i think they made an import from kontakt nki probably
it would AWESOME! but i really doubt they do it...

Arcane Master wrote:
Scottex wrote:The post on The fb page was removed and the guy was arrested LOL
Not sure that's very funny. If he really was arrested... that's ridiculous.
:dog: Now, that's funny.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

It could be a lesser version in Studio One with a more feature rich version for sale separately. Either way...the hint suggests it is (apparently) at least worth considering instead of Kontakt. A massive statement. I would have to see a huge feature set (enough to stop traffic) :hihi: to convince me of that. But...lets see what they have cooked up. :D :wink:

About the new sampler, I remember a while ago, maybe even in the Rick's famous explanation why they did not release v3 earlier, Presonus did say they are developing their partnerships to provide better instruments and sounds. And keep in mind they did offer Kontakt Player and Elements as bundled content, also Melodyne, also Softube.

So it is not completely out of imagination they did decided to finally offer a decent set of sounds, just to catch up with ProTools, Cubase, and all other major DAWs, which all (except maybe Sonar) have included better instruments. For me too this was the weakest point for Studio One.

But I think things will change, I have this feeling. I am excited to see MIDI plugins and the arpeggiator I expect to be something good, given that already existent Presence was decent already for what it was.

Less days now....
------------

christianmusicmaker wrote:... considering instead of Kontakt. A massive statement.
Well, just keep in mind, it is not Presonus who made the statement. :) I am just saying. Not to grow the expectation too much and then to lesser whatever it will be because you'll have too high expectations in the first place.

It is not realistic to expect a Kontakt replacement obviously, but I would indeed like to see a sampler that will load more formats and not only sfz and SF2.

.nki will be a good start, true! :)
------------

maybe a integrated kontakt player without time limitation for the bank that are not made by NI ......

hivkorn wrote:maybe a integrated kontakt player without time limitation for the bank that are not made by NI ......
Riiiiiight.
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

24MTS wrote:
christianmusicmaker wrote:... considering instead of Kontakt. A massive statement.
Well, just keep in mind, it is not Presonus who made the statement. :)
But he is someone who is familiar with both products :wink:
I am just saying. Not to grow the expectation too much and then to lesser whatever it will be because you'll have too high expectations in the first place.

It is not realistic to expect a Kontakt replacement obviously, but I would indeed like to see a sampler that will load more formats and not only sfz and SF2.

.nki will be a good start, true! :)
In any case an improvement on the currrent offerings which I think are already at least good would be progress. A Kontakt level sampler? We will soon find out if it is really in that league. :)

I think what makes konakt so great is the wide variety of quality content being made by many, many developers and musicians. So unless Presonus allows the use on kontakt libraries (Which I highly doubt...) mai tai wont be as good from day one but maybe in a year or so.

TeddyMadison wrote:mai tai wont be as good from day one but maybe in a year or so.
Try never. I don't think they're going to be able to do anything that can fully replace Kontakt and the huge amount of 3rd party content that exists for it. NKI import? Perhaps, but only for versions older than Kontakt 4.2, which introduced new binary file format that NI keeps close to themselves.

I'm thinking they perhaps made another sampler plugin that's more feature-laden, but without complex stuff like scripting etc.

EvilDragon wrote:
TeddyMadison wrote:mai tai wont be as good from day one but maybe in a year or so.
Try never. I don't think they're going to be able to do anything that can fully replace Kontakt and the huge amount of 3rd party content that exists for it.

I'm thinking they perhaps made another sampler plugin that's more feature-laden, but without complex stuff like scripting etc.
think the same and tied to Studio One only , may it goes out of interest for 3rd party content developer , so no excitement here about a new sampler

However the Korean guy wasn't arrested, I was just joking. Now is watching the presentation of the V3 in Korea and he told me that will be a game changer and will be very cool for songwriting and sound-design
Last edited by Scottex on Tue May 19, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeddyMadison wrote:I think what makes konakt so great is the wide variety of quality content being made by many, many developers and musicians. So unless Presonus allows the use on kontakt libraries (Which I highly doubt...) mai tai wont be as good from day one but maybe in a year or so.
Why not get Kontakt if you want that?
Isn't that the brilliant thing about plugin standards - you buy 3rd party VSTs and can run on any daw?

I cannot understand this desire to be locked up on a particular daw.
- Please include something I need, so I can never go away or consider other daw

It's like an older reference - please make better magnetic tapes to my tape machine that only works on this machine.

Cross collaborations with plugin vendors, fine - but why try to replace general VSTs with locked in plugins and instruments. It means the daw maker can start treating you like crap - like Avid is doing to it's userbase - and there is nothing you can do but pay again.

So many projects started in one daw - and move to another - it's pretty much undoable if everything used is shipped with the daw you're leaving. And that is exactly what daw makers want - lock you in.

How it works for me is that I have embryos and half baked project from 10-15 years ago still. But all tools, VST plugins and instruments are 3rd party - so I can finish that in any daw - and all I need to relearn is how that core daw is working - plugins and insturments are my tools. The daw is just a tape recorder, holder of clips and plugins while mixing.

I understand the convenience buying a package starting out - but why continue to expect everything happen within that daw. Just browse the market and buy in what you need - and you are a free man/woman.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”