Viva FL Studio!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

I am starting this thread to give credit where credit is due. FL Studio is an excellent DAW and is under-rated by many, but it's users are enlightened and happy. It consistently rates in the top of any DAW poll. If you would like to express your satisfaction this is that place to do it. If you want to bash you know where to find those threads! :D
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

I love FL too!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

+1000

FL Studio is an amazing piece of software.

no offense, I haven't checked the new Patcher yet, can u create VST control > Control Surface knob(s) assigments in it only by touching them (the knobs etc.) in a VST(i) as is in AL

adding them one by one in the old version was PITA for me
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Karma_tba wrote:I am starting this thread to give credit where credit is due. FL Studio is an excellent DAW and is under-rated by many, but it's users are enlightened and happy. It consistently rates in the top of any DAW poll. If you would like to express your satisfaction this is that place to do it. If you want to bash you know where to find those threads! :D
I'm really enjoying it too. I started out on Fruity Loops back 2002, left and tried several other DAWs from 2004-now. I never had as much fun as I did then and do now with FL Studio.
xbitz wrote:no offense, I haven't checked the new Patcher yet, can u create VST control > Control Surface knob(s) assigments in it only by touching them (the knobs etc.) in a VST(i) as is in AL

I don't know of a way to do like Ableton does it, but you can save presets in patcher's surface tab - no need to keep remapping/learning in every new project.

FL Studio is a nice DAW indeed. The workflow isn't for me but I do envy quite a few of its features (dat piano roll)
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I love FL Studio, but feel heartbroken that they have removed the "Channels -> More" option in FL Studio 12 :(

In FL Studio 11 I get an overview of all my VSTs just by clicking the Channels option.

In FL Studio 12 all that have been moved to the browser.

FL Studio is pretty damned good. I made a wide variety of music in it from versions 3 through 10.

I've since become a Maschine convert, but I still think FL is quite good, and have FL 12 installed and ready to use if I need it. (Maschine's handling of long, linear audio tracks is awkward at best.)

xbitz wrote:no offense, I haven't checked the new Patcher yet, can u create VST control > Control Surface knob(s) assigments in it only by touching them (the knobs etc.) in a VST(i) as is in AL

In Version 11 you wiggle an onscreen knob, select "last tweaked" and assign to midi controller. It's pretty simple actually.

If i had the easy possibility, i would sell my signature to someone who want to use it. but now i stay with this till the end of my life, look on every update and don`t use it futher more. sad but true! I hate IL for this.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:now i stay with this till the end of my life, look on every update and don`t use it futher more. sad but true! I hate IL for this.
No surprises there, I think most users know about that now :P
sugo wrote:sad but true! I hate IL for this.
Do you hate somebody for such a little matter ?

sugo wrote:If i had the easy possibility, i would sell my signature to someone who want to use it. but now i stay with this till the end of my life, look on every update and don`t use it futher more. sad but true! I hate IL for this.
Maybe checking the details before buying could help next time?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Should I hate Propellerheads for closing the upgrade path from Reason Essentials 2 to 8, or Steinberg for not even letting me move Sequel 3 to another computer (without buying a dongle) :shrug:

In the big picture I think such matters are rather trivial.

If you are going to hate somebody for leaving you out in the cold for just a couple of hundred bucks, you will never make it in the big time. It's peanuts after all.

Just to bribe Aviicii to play your record is going to cost a lot more than that :D

Numanoid wrote:
sugo wrote:now i stay with this till the end of my life, look on every update and don`t use it futher more. sad but true! I hate IL for this.
No surprises there, I think most users know about that now :P
sugo wrote:sad but true! I hate IL for this.
Do you hate somebody for such a little matter ?
No, no body, i hate this business practices!
murnau wrote:Maybe checking the details before buying could help next time?
I bought this at the beginning of my daw history, years ago. i thought it was the best. but now i know better what i need. And there are nothing else in my property, what i couldn`t sell or give away, if i only want. In the end this means, that IL don`t sell something to you, they only lend it to you. you can use it, but you never own it. And if you die, there is nothing left. I wrote this here, because sometimes i`m forced to try using it, especially updates, to not sit on a dummy and to see again: i don`t need it. There are cheaper ways to make music, with more room for musical development! Viva music!

trimph1 wrote:I love FL too!!!
Really??
I hate it :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”