Viva FL Studio!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

anomandaris1 wrote:The Piano Roll in Fl needs modernisation - look Reaper or any other major DAW with the their tracklists and multiple CC lanes
Multiple CC lanes in the pianoroll would be a MAJOR, most wanted enhancement. I hate the clumsy way automation of midi parameters is implemented. My only real complaint against this beautiful product that is FL Studio.

You want automation lines to be in the piano roll?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:You want automation lines to be in the piano roll?
yes I do. Or more precisely: under the pianoroll, in the same window. At least as an additional option.. Automation as it is implemented now is not very userfriendly IMO.

Also renaming the notes in the piano roll and saving it as preset(for keyswitches), hiding tracks from the playlist (I'm not talking about folders), warping like Ableton in the playlist.

Chapelle wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
Chapelle wrote: But, from what I know, none of the iLok2-protected products are cracked and there haven't been cracks for E-Licenser-protected stuff for quite some time as well. But there is also stuff with C/R (e.g. latest Cytomic versions) or serial number protection (e.g. u-he [apart from leaked serial numbers]) that I don't think you will find cracks for.
Actually all the major iLok2 products (Eventide, Softube, Lexicon, Sonnox, Slate Digital etc) were recently cracked on Mac. It seems that it was not a complete cracking of the iLok 2 system but a method to completely circumvent the protection. So in the end it does not matter as the fully working iLok 2 plugins are out there for everyone to use.
Yes, those cracks were possible due to bad iLok2 implementation on the plugin/host developers side (often not the latest versions, e.g. there's a crack for Pro Tools 10 but not 11). Products with proper iLok2 implementation are still uncracked, afaik.
As an iLok owner I refuse to purchase any iLok software again. I've had problems with it, just like many others. Everything is working okay now, but it's not a great feeling knowing your entire project is relying on one flimsy USB stick.

I'm annoyed at myself for purchasing iLok software in the first place. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to activate software you've purchased. You shouldn't have to pay more to have this copy protection system. All these complex copy protection systems cost the customer in time and money, and what is gained? Pirates won't purchase the software, they'll just pirate an alternative.

I love ImageLine's stance on this, along with lifetime free updates. I don't use FL Studio but those two things have convinced me to try it out when I have the time. I look forward to the day I'm dongle free, and will do my best to support companies with copy protection methods which don't punish the customer. Hopefully more companies take a leaf from your book, ImageLine.

Flame on.... :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zqpoqwi9MGA

Good to see the direction you're taking.....

Cheers.
Last edited by Regnas on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think now would probably be a good time to cull the piracy "discussion" we're having here before it gets too out of hand.

Great to see those new features. Was there a reason for moving away from the "more" menu in the first place? Don't get me wrong, I love the new method for dealing with plugins and I especially love that you can customise the categories for the plugin picker(albeit through the filesystem rather than in FL) but it did seem strange to complely get rid of the "more" menu and it's great to see it coming back with some new features. :)
I need a soundcloud ¬¬

Caysi wrote:I think now would probably be a good time to cull the piracy "discussion" we're having here before it gets too out of hand.
What do you mean by "out of hand"? Getting too near the truth? Why did you put "discussion" in speech marks? Is it not a discussion then?

basslinemaster wrote:
Caysi wrote:I think now would probably be a good time to cull the piracy "discussion" we're having here before it gets too out of hand.
What do you mean by "out of hand"? Getting too near the truth? Why did you put "discussion" in speech marks? Is it not a discussion then?
With all due respects, what he means, is that this thread is named "Viva FL Studio" but it's derailed into yet another "Hey, Let's Drone On And On About Piracy And Dongles" thread.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
tenshin111 wrote:
Image-Line wrote: So explain the point of draconian copyright protection that does little more than annoy your legitimate customers?
:tu:

I wish more software developers shared this view :ud:
It's like a property owner putting 3 locks on the front door so that his rental tenants need to unlock each of these (so need to carry 3 keys and call a security firm to disable the alarm) every time they want to get in. While thieves only have to climb onto the roof and pop 3 tiles and they are in. We give our tenants a single proximity-detection key and lock so they can walk in any time they like. Thieves still go in through the roof.

All copy protection has been circumvented. There isn't a DAW or plugin on the market that I can't find 1000's of cracks for within seconds. So you have to ask the question, what is the point of making customers lives miserable (with dongles and challenge-response and other complex failure prone systems)?

For example, Afrojack doesn't have this - https://instagram.com/p/2l-Ei8ItCm/?taken-by=afrojack - happen with FL Studio while he is on the road.

Locks are for honest people to remind them to pay for what they are using.

That said, it's not like we sit about twiddling out thumbs on the matter. We removed (let me check) 51,831 pages, 2940 files from file hosters and 6086 torrents last month. We pursue the offenders and criminals not our customers.

Regards Scott
Yeah but to be fair, you have tennants, the other developers have buyers ;)
So while you dont have (and i agree here) draconian nonsense protection, you also only rent out your products (no ability to sell on) while the others are selling their products, so maybe those draconian systems are adding to thd second hand value or such ?
(I shall not even be entering in to the rree lifetime updates debate, i own most of ILs products, most are never updated in any useful way, take Sytrus, one of the most powerful synths ever released, completely unusable on a high res monitor)
Duh

bungle wrote:...
Red herrings & straw men deleted.
bungle wrote:i own most of ILs products, most are never updated in any useful way, take Sytrus, one of the most powerful synths ever released, completely unusable on a high res monitor)
First, Lifetime Free Updates applies to FL Studio. Although plugins seem to be chugging along under the same deal, it has never been explicitly offered.

Second. If you make use of your Lifetime Free Update for FL Studio 12, then you will find you can use Sytrus on a 4K monitor. General Options >Legacy scaling. Blam, Sytrus @ 200%.

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... acyScaling

But seriously, there must only be a handful of plugins on the market that work sensibly at 4K. Time to hit up the 10,000's of developers for updates I suppose. Good luck with that. :)

Anyhow, is it really any different for any other 10+ year old plugins out there? FM7 was phased out (last updated in 2004 so if you 'own' it rather than renting I suppose you can have some warm glow. I wonder how long it will keep working? At least the landlord will keep Sytrus maintained). Related, when was the last time FM8 got a meaningful update for example?

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”