FL Studio 12.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Teksonik wrote: I don't want to be"diverted" while I'm rendering.
Well, it doesn't matter what you or me think, but what Image-Line thinks their general customerbase thinks. :)

Dunno about the many active connections, maybe Scott can shed some light on that.

Privacy and surveillance concern all of us.
So yes it will be great to hear from Scott.

Why would there be any concern about FL sending private data ? You trusted the installer and gave it allready full system rights, it could ve done anything with that and you would never know, atleast not with antivirusprograms or softwarefirewalls.

Oh. Another FL thread with conspiracy theorists going nuts. :roll:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Internet connections you say... must be the illuminati :hihi:

SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

trimph1 wrote:Oh. Another FL thread with conspiracy theorists going nuts. :roll:
I just installed FL Studio 12.1 and now my house is infested with flying monkeys!! This is BULLS***!!! I am so done with FL!!!!

:hihi:
.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

trimph1 wrote:Oh. Another FL thread with conspiracy theorists going nuts. :roll:
Can you point to a post in this thread with either a conspiracy theory offered or anyone going nuts? I can't, so this just seems like you stirring up shit for the fun of it.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
Can you point to a post in this thread with either a conspiracy theory offered or anyone going nuts? I can't, so this just seems like you stirring up shit for the fun of it.
How about this:
Privacy and surveillance concern all of us.
There's really no point at all in seriously believing that there could be potential for privacy and surveillance concerns. After all, it's a DAW and no spyware.

I don't doubt that, but Kalamata Kid's post neither offers a conspiracy theory nor goes nuts. It seems pretty calm to me, and in the part you left out it seems to take for granted that reasonable explanations will be along when Scott (that's OP, right?) is.
No longer a moderator.

Regnas wrote:Good job on this beta, but that internet thing is wrong.... C'mon...
Close the panel, problem solved.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote: I don't want to be"diverted" while I'm rendering.
Well, it doesn't matter what you or me think, but what Image-Line thinks their general customerbase thinks. :)

Dunno about the many active connections, maybe Scott can shed some light on that.
The following connect to this page (careful clicking it, who knows what could happen!) ;)

http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?action=rss

1. Online panel (toolbar) - The panel will display news and announcements from Image-Line but will not activate until it is clicked for the first time. The News Panel will not communicate with the RSS feed when the panel is hidden or disabled (see below).

2. The render advertising panel - Same as above. Close the panel and it is no longer active. It will stay closed next time you open FL Studio.

FWIW: This is a simple request to download the RSS data. We don't gather any information about you (actually less than a normal web-browser would provide us). I am sure the paranoid among you can upload the server request. As far as I remember we only know the request came from FL Studio, not the general web.

Others...

3. The About Panel registration process - http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... _about.htm

This is basically a front-end to your account and automatically downloads your FLRegkey.Reg and installs it in the background. Best registration system on the planet IMO. All products registered, simply by entering your account email and password.

4. IL Remote - this will ask for access to your network so it can connect to your Wi-Fi devices running IL Remote.

I suppose some people don't know us, but it's slightly amusing to see the paranoia. We have been delivering Lifetime Free Updates for 17 years now and have over 30,000 demo installations per day. If we were doing something nefarious I am sure it would be all over the net by now. Word of mouth is a very important form of advertising for us.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

We want the old step sequencer back... C'mon... :)
That little loop function was epic.......

Regnas wrote:We want the old step sequencer back... C'mon... :)
We are working on stuff like this for a future update. Time-signature support requires we make some radical changes.

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
We are working on stuff like this for a future update. Time-signature support requires we make some radical changes.

Regards Scott
Now I'm starting to love you guys... :)
You're making great decisions lately...

These stuff are coming soon, can I hold my breath? :)

Image-Line wrote:

Regards Scott
It's awesome to see time signature support be put into development. It's one of the longstanding criticisms of FL, I'm sure it'll be something of a bitch to implemental in a stable manner.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”