How often does your DAW crash?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is your DAW and how often does it stop dead?

Logic Pro X ... can't remember the last crash. It's been a while
Edgar Rothermich
(iMac5K, 32GB)
YouTube Videos https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Books for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, GarageBand and FCPx http://DingDingMusic.com/
My Instagram for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools https://www.instagram.com/edgarrothermich/

EdgarRothermich wrote:Logic Pro X ... can't remember the last crash. It's been a while
Same.
You are currently reading my signature.

Cubase... too often. I never lose anything besides my patience though so its not THAT big of a deal.

It's pretty rare to see DAWs crash these days, and I use quite a few of them on a daily basis.

The only DAW I know of that's even remotely crashy is Tracktion. Mixbus 3 is also extremely unstable, but I don't think that should be counted yet.

Ableton. Crashes *fairly* often (maybe every fourth session), but you sort of develop a feeling for what not to do. While it's been stable when adding Ableton's own FX and synths on the fly, it balks at certain plugins. No biggie, I just stop transport and add them then.

My other other host is Reaper. Stable as hell, can't remember the last time it crashed.

FLStudio 10, FLStudio 11 and FLStudio 12.02. Windows7 for four years.
FLStudio 9 and FLStudio 10 on Windows XP since each versions launch.
I can only vaguely remember that a couple of plugins made with some obscure stuff you might find on the likes of github have ever made FLStudio freeze. Outside of that never had a crash if my memory serves me well.

3 times in a year, here Studio One 2 & 3.

I can't think of a time Logic 9.x crashed on me. I think it did at some point but I can't remember the situation. Not often.

Sonar, on the other hand... It's not just crashes that get on my damn nerves with Sonar. It's everything it constantly does that's bad behavior. Crashing is only part of it, and that's frequent enough.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

FL Studio here, almost never crash......

Cubase Elements 8 crashes here when i remove the dongle when it's running. Fair enough i guess. :D

Never.

Cubase 4.5 & Live 8 on XP.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Robert Randolph wrote:It's pretty rare to see DAWs crash these days, and I use quite a few of them on a daily basis.

The only DAW I know of that's even remotely crashy is Tracktion. Mixbus 3 is also extremely unstable, but I don't think that should be counted yet.
Are you on a Mac? Tracktion 6.2 is rock solid on PC for me now. Can't remember my last crash and I use it daily. It does have some plugin related issues on OSX still, but at least they are consistent so I can avoid them. I will agree that earlier versions of 6 were pretty crashy.

Kang wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:It's pretty rare to see DAWs crash these days, and I use quite a few of them on a daily basis.

Are you on a Mac? Tracktion 6.2 is rock solid on PC for me now. Can't remember my last crash and I use it daily. It does have some plugin related issues on OSX still, but at least they are consistent so I can avoid them. I will agree that earlier versions of 6 were pretty crashy.
Yeah the only crashes I get tend to be with some JUCE based plugins that don't like to be resized.

Plugins are more to blame than a DAW

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”