Cakewalk: "Big announcements coming June 1st, 2016"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just about to upgrade my Sonar X3 Producer to Sonar Platinum (demoed it for two months) but after reading about those announcements I decided not to. I was happy with X3 but some of my plugins stopped working (mostly Waves) so that's why I thought I should upgrade.

When Roland decided to sold Cakewalk couple of years ago to Gibson I had a feeling that sooner or later shit will hit the fan - one way or another. Will June 1st be that day? New DAW? Tascam Professional Studio??

So what you guys think: should I just wait and see what happens or go and buy Reaper and learn how to use it? :?

http://www.cakewalk.com/June-2016
Last edited by J4R1O on Tue May 31, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Mac version :)

Remember that whatever it is - it's likely it will be a decent measure of time before it becomes stable and irons out problems ie. plugin compatibility. Software chasing is not advisable if you want to make your music today (waiting for new things is not a good hobby - there's ALWAYS something new just about to come out so you could be waiting half your life..).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

aMUSEd wrote:Mac version :)
Exactly my guess ;)

Sim.Sky wrote:
Exactly my guess ;)
But this:

"We have been listening and have some exciting new developments to share. Whether you're a current or former SONAR user, DAW user, audio geek, musican of any style, or only know of SONAR as that thing submarines use in the ocean this is something you do not want to miss."

As a current Sonar user the Mac version won't change my life since I don't own Mac. But I do have a iPhone... Sonar iOS via AppStore? :hihi:
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

If they ever do release a mac version and it's STABLE, it will be a good daw to have on os x. Sonar is actually a lot of fun to compose and produce with when it works. (imo).

I don't feel it's a mac version though, however i could be wrong.. it's just a gut feel nothing more i'm going on.

Mmmm Cake

It's a marketing sh^t I think. They want for us to subscribe their newsletter.

Bankruptcy
A well-behaved signature.

They are calling that for 25 years now, typically Cakewalk. That said, bring on the goodies! :hihi:

TheoM wrote:If they ever do release a mac version and it's STABLE, it will be a good daw to have on os x. Sonar is actually a lot of fun to compose and produce with when it works. (imo).

I don't feel it's a mac version though, however i could be wrong.. it's just a gut feel nothing more i'm going on.
Yes it's more wishful thinking but pretty unlikely - especially that they could create a stable Mac version given that they seem highly inept at Mac development going by their plugins.

J4R1O wrote:
Sim.Sky wrote:
Exactly my guess ;)
But this:

"We have been listening and have some exciting new developments to share. Whether you're a current or former SONAR user, DAW user, audio geek, musican of any style, or only know of SONAR as that thing submarines use in the ocean this is something you do not want to miss."

As a current Sonar user the Mac version won't change my life since I don't own Mac. But I do have a iPhone... Sonar iOS via AppStore? :hihi:
You have a point there - but never underestimate the rhetorical power of marketing language :wink:

Wow, this forum is pretty cynical :)

Sim.Sky wrote:
J4R1O wrote:
Sim.Sky wrote:
Exactly my guess ;)
But this:

You have a point there - but never underestimate the rhetorical power of marketing language :wink:
Can it just be noted for the record here that this was not the actual text :)

Because on some other thread, a user decided to alter the meaning of some text and pretty soon it became the accepted text by others reading.

BTW, I'll decode the message...all we are saying is we have some exciting SONAR developments that we want to share with customers based on feedback. Nothing nefarious.

AROSSA [Cakewalk] wrote:Wow, this forum is pretty cynical :)
I didn't mean to insult you guys at all with my post. That was really just ironic and had nothing to do with your specific announcement - hope you don't take offense :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”