Logic 10.2.4 is out...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...but mainly some bug fixes.
I hope Logic 10.3. is near!

AirPlay seems not to work here anymore :( using 10.11.5. But appears more related to OS X than Logic.

George wrote:AirPlay seems not to work here anymore :( using 10.11.5. But appears more related to OS X than Logic.
I see that it has been released but doesn't show up for me in the app store. Anyone having this issue also?
Is there a way to "manually" update?

I opened App Store and it was there ready to upgrade, so no issues on that regard.

Not showing for me. Have been checking for a week now

I haven't checked, but is El Capitan a requirement? I am still on Yosemite.

Cinebient wrote:I hope Logic 10.3. is near!
Why? Will nothing good happen in .4, .5, .6 etc ?

Nightpolymath wrote:I haven't checked, but is El Capitan a requirement? I am still on Yosemite.

no, yosemite is absolutely supported:)

Hello,

has anyone tried to use Logic 10.2.4 with Maverick ? is it working ?
I don't want to upgrade to El Capitan Now
Thank you

apparently it's unsupported but people say it works

It'll be a matter of time before one would have to upgrade. Apple are usually good about compatibility for its "pro" software but if you look at Pages, Keynote, or Numbers every major update seems to require the latest OS.

yeah i doubt logic 10.5 will even support yosemite TBH. I don't agree they are good about it.

X started at support for 10.8!

Now 10.10... at a point 2.4 revision? That's nuts, sorry.

Apple are WAY too aggressive with upgrade requirements.

This is yet another reason I jumped ship.

I know with pro tools, it will work on yosemite for a lot longer than Logic will.

Steinberg are the absolute worst of all though.. IMO.. they are always demanding cutting edge, yet el capitan and cubase sucks as a combo. It really does. It's so sluggish. Oh well.

I run Cubase 8.5 on my other production machine, running Windows 10, and so far it has been rock solid, save for one or two crashes that I've been able to isolate as being plugin-related. Startup is slow due to all that indexing but once it gets going it's fairly quick and responsive, at least in Win 10.

Nightpolymath wrote:I run Cubase 8.5 on my other production machine, running Windows 10, and so far it has been rock solid, save for one or two crashes that I've been able to isolate as being plugin-related. Startup is slow due to all that indexing but once it gets going it's fairly quick and responsive, at least in Win 10.
Sure, i don't think i mentioned any windows issues? I was clearly talking about the berg's aggressive dropping of all but the cutting edge OSX'es.
Cubase 8.5 is still officially qualified for Win7. A 7yo OS.

But they already dropped support for a 2.5yo os on mac

Was thinking about moving to El Capitan, until I realised that I'd lose my vrm box in the process :( So f**ked off that they didn't maintain that unit. I Currently need it as a headphone amp, so no upgrading yet

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”