FL Studio 12.3 Official Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

All joking aside, the confusion factor for FL studio for us non crack-head kiddies is amazing.

Apparently, the reason I was still getting some odd behavior was because it wasn't always the beta.

But here it the strange part, I most definitely ditch the older icon off the quick launch (or whatever it's called these days) and it still had the 12.3 version. That could possibly be everyones best friend, win10 and it's "we hav vays of making you update" mentality.

Still stranger things, you'd never know by the start template what you are using. That changed the moment I installed the beta. Also, with the crappy win10 borg collective, I've had to change preferences more than once and thus adds to my confusion.

So, we have a very old man with a walnut for a brain trying to figure out how to use a program, that doesn't necessarily have two completely separate parts for each competing with the borg super-collective (sans queen). That about sums it up. But I wouldn't have it any other way :hihi: (I'm going to figure this out before trump nukes the planet! )

Why did they remove the black keys labeling option?

incubus wrote:All joking aside, the confusion factor for FL studio for us non crack-head kiddies is amazing.

Apparently, the reason I was still getting some odd behavior was because it wasn't always the beta.

But here it the strange part, I most definitely ditch the older icon off the quick launch (or whatever it's called these days) and it still had the 12.3 version. That could possibly be everyones best friend, win10 and it's "we hav vays of making you update" mentality.

Still stranger things, you'd never know by the start template what you are using. That changed the moment I installed the beta. Also, with the crappy win10 borg collective, I've had to change preferences more than once and thus adds to my confusion.

So, we have a very old man with a walnut for a brain trying to figure out how to use a program, that doesn't necessarily have two completely separate parts for each competing with the borg super-collective (sans queen). That about sums it up. But I wouldn't have it any other way :hihi: (I'm going to figure this out before trump nukes the planet! )
So one thing I noticed, was:

a) This has a bunch of "bridged" things. It goes too quick to check.

b) The volume is automated: (blake: Nowhere near)

Nope, looptalk is for another forum.

Also, the "vocals" seems to have an effect. Is it possible that some of these demo songs (and they are all really good) have something in the "audio" that isn't compatible with something??????

Love that we dont need to use the Midi Channel plugin for multitimbral VSTs anymore!! And also the ability to lock MIDI channels, as well.

https://youtu.be/eJH50fP6Bw4
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:Love that we dont need to use the Midi Channel plugin for multitimbral VSTs anymore!! And also the ability to lock MIDI channels, as well.

https://youtu.be/eJH50fP6Bw4
As far as i recall you never even had to do that, because you couldve always select MIDI chanel inside Piano roll within plugin.

Yeah I didn't know that. This video was actually the first time I seen it. Beforehand I always used the MIDI out plugin with multitimbral VSTs. With all of the changes from v11 to v12... it's a bit of a jump to keep up with everything.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

And then all the stuff from 12 to .x releases.

And filtering. When you see these vids you tend to look for something that applies "now" vs simply absorbing everything. Then later, you feel you missed something.

I'm really happy that Scott makes these though, very well done.

Time signature changes are coming in FL 13 :clap: but Time signatures should be user definable (option) when added. Otherwise you end up with stock presets of only 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 and no way to do anything in 6/4, 7/4, 12/8, 2/4 and so on and so forth.

I just figured out how to exceed the maximum of 10 effect slots per channel, without routing to other channels... (Patcher, you rock!). Especially useful for the Master channel where you can't route it out anyway. I feel rather silly now! After years and years I'm still just scratching the surface of what's possible in this thing.

Disclaimer: Yes I sometimes need more than 10 effects on my Master channel when i'm mastering, because half of them are analysis tools, it fills up quickly :)

MogwaiBoy wrote:Disclaimer: Yes I sometimes need more than 10 effects on my Master channel when i'm mastering, because half of them are analysis tools, it fills up quickly :)
I was just going to flame the living giblets out of you, and you deflated my case. Rats! :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I was expecting the "Why do you even need more than 10 anyway? I only need 3... I'm better than you" responses :D

MogwaiBoy wrote:I was expecting the "Why do you even need more than 10 anyway? I only need 3... I'm better than you" responses :D
:hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Is Patcher still single-threaded? I try to make complex chains in it but they run so slow (v10)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”