Studio One Pro v3 with Yamaha Montage Synth (Need help setting this up)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm starting to learn the ins and outs of Presonus Studio One Pro v3 .

My primary DAW is Cubase Pro 8.5.20 on PC, but I'm really enjoying the great workflow, and the very cool features in Studio One Pro v3.

One area that I would like to learn more about, and couldn't find any specific info./tutorials about is how to setup my Yamaha Montage Synth in Studio One v3.

The Yamaha Montage is a bit unique in the way it handles performances, and its requirements to play them in a DAW, i.e. In Cubase I have to set the MIDI channel to (ANY) for the MIDI Track to be able to play a multi-part performance in the Montage. If the MIDI Track is set to a specific MIDI channel, the Performance selected on the Montage will not play. I don't see an option for (ANY) MIDI Channel in S1v3, so I'm not sure how to go about setting it up.

I also don't think there is a Global MIDI-Thru in S1v3 . Basically the Montage in Cubase is what sets the midi channel automatically, (Auto-Channelize), since the MIDI Channel in Cubase is set to (ANY), So .. I would like to duplicate this type of scenario in S1v3, but I'm currently not sure if this is possible.

I tried searching on Youtube, and Google about this, but couldn't find any info. / Tutorials on this specific topic.

So, If you are a Studio One Pro v3 user and have it setup and working with the Yamaha Montage, can you please help me set it up in Studio One Pro v3 ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”