Two major software announcements from PreSonus: Notion 6 & Studio One 3.3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Notion Studio One Professional

Disable track is a big feature to have in Studio One Pro. V3.3 !

I use it quite often in Cubase Pro 8.5.20 , now I have it in Studio One :D

Hopefully they will give us some more features with the 3.5 update.

(i.e. Articulation Switching System) Especially if they make using it more intuitive, faster, and more fun than Cubase's version. This will help move many Cubase users to Studio One :wink: And possibly more innovative, and very cool new features.

Stable OSX version would be a huge surprise !.....
Maybe their own plugin format?

Muziksculp wrote:Disable track is a big feature to have in Studio One Pro. V3.3 !

(i.e. Articulation Switching System) Especially if they make using it more intuitive, faster, and more fun than Cubase's version. This will help move many Cubase users to Studio One :wink: And possibly more innovative, and very cool new features.

I will never back to S1 !! OSX version IS A PAIN IN THE @$$ !!! IT CRASH ALL THE TIMES
they know it and they said : "it is a video problem from osx"...Okay ?...my computer is a factory setup , not upgraded but updated at the last version....they was just like :" we don't care , this is not our fault"...

Cubase 8.5 under OSX is very stable. 7 month of using and maybe .....2 crash only...
Last edited by hivkorn on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Which is?
CPU usage, I think. :D
Yup, the elephant in the room :dog:

I love S13 but it is a CPU hog, you will run less instruments live or have less polyphony than with other DAWS (in my case Live and BWS) so the disable track is much needed! If I am working EDM/mainly VST's I stick to BWS, but for live audio/real instruments S13 is really great- love the comping, melodyne etc...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hivkorn wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Disable track is a big feature to have in Studio One Pro. V3.3 !

I will never back to S1 !! OSX version IS A PAIN IN THE @$$ !!! IT CRASH ALL THE TIMES
they know it and they said : "it is a video problem from osx"...Okay ?...my computer is a factory setup , not upgraded but updated at the last version....they was just like :" we don't care , this is not our fault"...

Cubase 8.5 under OSX is very stable. 7 month of using and maybe .....2 crash only...
I really pity you Mac users. I mean, the one user says "Wow, it's so stable!", and the next says "Bah, it always crashes on me!" about every single host that's out there, maybe except Logic. On Windows, every single host which i tried is stable here. Cubase, Studio One, Reaper, Bitwig, Ableton... you name it. Gotta be something about the platform which really doesn't get tested much.

@ hivkorn,

Hopefully Presonus will improve/fix the issues you, and other Mac users are experiencing with Studio One Pro.

I'm on PC (Windows 8.1), and S1 Pro v3.2 has been very stable on my PC. (OH.. I don't use Mac OSX for music Applications).

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Shouldn't the disable track feature help with high CPU usage?

Also ... pardon my naivete, I'm still a S1 dilettante... does S1 let you freeze VSTi tracks (i.e. temporarily mix them down as audio to save system resources) the way Sonar does?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Yeah, just right-click on an instrument track, and choose "transform to audio track". You can then choose to keep the instrument settings, which basically will mean that you can unfreeze the track again later.

chk071 wrote:Yeah, just right-click on an instrument track, and choose "transform to audio track". You can then choose to keep the instrument settings, which basically will mean that you can unfreeze the track again later.
You da man! :tu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Shouldn't the disable track feature help with high CPU usage?

Also ... pardon my naivete, I'm still a S1 dilettante... does S1 let you freeze VSTi tracks (i.e. temporarily mix them down as audio to save system resources) the way Sonar does?
You are correct, but those of us with issues sometimes can't even have a simply 5 track session open.

Doesn't matter why anymore, they are not going to fix it and there are a handful of super-trolls that think that those of us complaining have done something wrong (even though they use 1024 buffer and draw notes in and don't use vst's ;) )

I should let it go, but I can't. Now, who will be the first idiot to quote that one part and troll me :hihi:

Is the CPU usage really so much higher in S1 than in other hosts? I frankly never noticed much of a difference with my, admittedly, very small projects, between hosts. Using Studio One 2 producer though, not the newer version.

chk071 wrote:Is the CPU usage really so much higher in S1 than in other hosts? I frankly never noticed much of a difference with my, admittedly, very small projects, between hosts. Using Studio One 2 producer though, not the newer version.
No, not for me anyway, I have always found it better than anything else I use apart from REAPER of course. certainly less than Sonar Platinum and Mixbus. Although the latest version of Sonar Platinum seems to have made good improvements with performance and balance across CPU cores, it seems to be quite a good release actually.
Say NO to CLAP!

Maybe it depends on the used hardware then.

The difference in CPU usage with heavier VSTs is quite considerable. Kontakt especially, world of CPU difference between S1 and, say, Reaper.

I played he same (complex) Falcon patch in S13, BWS and Live 9.6 and got 5 notes, 8 notes and 10 notes respectively rely before overload with identical hardware - Maybe it's just Falcon that doesn't like S1, I will try a few others (maybe with multi core support like Diva)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”