Who (if anyone) has rolled back to an earlier version of FL Studio from 12?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I miss the pull down keyboard in the sequencer as well but can do piano roll but not as fast at getting the idea down on the fly. I also still run 11 so I can have access to my old DX plugins (I know they are dead but I still use them and older projects has them, never had an issue with scan locking up on them). I like most of the new stuff but really would like the pull down keyboard back.

gremlinmoon wrote:Just an informal roll call. I'm going to go back to an earlier version because, after a longish period of trying it out, the step-sequencer now being equivalent to the piano roll is hampering my creativity. Workflow-wise, I often like to set up a beatscape and then improvisationally play phrases/soundscapes over it. I also like to design the sound as the beatscape is looping. Being able to loop it and then have the phrase or soundscape in the same pattern allowed for a lot more freedom than having to decide how many times I have to paint the beatscape pattern into the playlist -- I hate feeling rushed like the road is going to end at a brick wall or off a cliff.

I understand that the per-step graph editors are coming back in FL13 -- but I also really miss them as well. That little piano keyboard drop-down especially was incredibly useful.

Has anyone also moved over to another solution? If so what?

I do own Geist v1 and Ableton 8 but my life has been so fruity-centric I've been reluctant to delve into trying to do what I used to do in FL with those.

My real hope in posting this is that I am completely stupidly missing something and of course I can create as usual in 12.
You could tryout LMMS! :D It's inspired by FL Studio from the good ole FruityLoops days. And it's free open source software [FOSS].
https://lmms.io/

The Step Sequencer is intuitive like a classic hardware drum machine. I find it really handy for sketching fundamental beat patterns down very quickly - then opening it in Piano Roll later on to carefully add all the intricacies in. I am using 12.2 [Build 3] and not feeling a burning need to update to the latest. If they removed the Step Sequencer in 12.3 then I might actually wait until they put it back in :D Silly move, Image-Line - why don't you ask your customers what they want before you go junking valuable code!

The step sequencer is still there in 12.3 and is able to be toggled like the past ones. There's lots of little details in the last update that make it worth while

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”