Musicradar's "The bestest DAW in the world" poll.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's that time of the year again. :)

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/wha ... day-642331

Reaperites, stay away please. :P ;)
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:wheee: :|

Bring it on! :hihi: Image
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Let's try another poll:

How many DAWs you use on regular basis? :dog:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Another stupid poll to get his.

There is no 'One Best Daw'. if there was, we wold all be using it. You use the DAW that suits your musical style, workflow and budget (sometimes that's more than one DAW).

End of Poll!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Another stupid poll to get his.

There is no 'One Best Daw'. if there was, we wold all be using it. You use the DAW that suits your musical style, workflow and budget (sometimes that's more than one DAW).

End of Poll!
Well, it's a popularity contest, for mostly Computer Music readers, or people who visit their website. One should not read too much into it i guess.

SLiC wrote: There is no 'One Best Daw'. if there was, we wold all be using it. You use the DAW that suits your musical style, workflow and budget (sometimes that's more than one DAW).
You don't say :P

The list is not complete... :roll:

AnX wrote:The list is not complete... :roll:
Maybe other companies couldn't affort Music Radar advertisement? :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

SLiC wrote:Another stupid poll to get his.

End of Poll!

+1 :clap: :tu:

It's on every year because every year there is a new generation of "producers". Us old gits know what we like and like what we know.
It's like pop music - the same old kak gets regurgitated year after year for the new kids on the block to suck up. Boring crap for us, wonderful new vistas for them.
Grumpy old man speaking. :x
Where's me slippers...

The amount of DAW wars here makes me think it's all pretentious ranting over this poll now though. :P

Anyway, i approach such polls with a pinch of salt anyway. It's fun if you do so. I don't know why it has to been taken so seriously. It's like asking "What is the best car in the world?". Well, obviously we all have different perceptions regarding such a question.

The usual answer to any question like this (including the car one) is: "mine".

chk071 wrote:The amount of DAW wars here makes me think it's all pretentious ranting over this poll now though. :P
A poll is always a nice diversion, but I don't see a lot of "DAW wars" in this place :?

Users might disagree about they DAW they prefer, but a disagreement is hardly a war :shrug:

A war would mean a user would be unable to communicate with a user that is employing a different DAW.
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayorinde wrote:The usual answer to any question like this (including the car one) is: "mine".
Exactly. :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”