Musicradar's "The bestest DAW in the world" poll.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:The amount of DAW wars here makes me think it's all pretentious ranting over this poll now though. :P
A poll is always a nice diversion, but I don't see a lot of "DAW wars" in this place :?

Users might disagree about they DAW they prefer, but a diagreement is hardly a war :shrug:
It's a hidden war. Like the cold war. With agents everywhere.

chk071 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:The amount of DAW wars here makes me think it's all pretentious ranting over this poll now though. :P
A poll is always a nice diversion, but I don't see a lot of "DAW wars" in this place :?

Users might disagree about they DAW they prefer, but a diagreement is hardly a war :shrug:
It's a hidden war. Like the cold war. With agents everywhere.
Not me, I am interested in most DAWs, they are all pretty good.

The reason I have chosen my favourite is because of cost, and familiarity.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Let's try another poll:

How many DAWs you use on regular basis? :dog:
Two, one to make music and the other to play with vsts! :hyper:

Oh, and reaper is definitely the best.

Of course it is:
BabyaLogic.JPG
This year and every year :borg:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

But which is the best DAW of all time in the universe EVAH?

Studio One 3 end of discussion.

Fruity Loops.
All musicians need fruit for vitamin C.
Humans and chimps are the only animals who don't produce their own vitamin C.

The best host is the one not made yet!

The poll will give you an indication of;

1. What people are actualy using (as that's what people vote for)
2. The readership of the website (a poll held at gearslutz or by SOS will probably give different results)
3. The type of DAW users who can be bothered to vote in polls!

Has anyone ever done any proper research on number of users (general) and number of profesional users (people who make their living with music) I am not saying this is an indication of a better DAW (although perhaps the later) but issue 1. Seems to scew all polls to fruity loops /reaper as they are very cheap and accesable.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'd like to keep it simple. Any recommendations?
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

dubturbo

incubus wrote:The best host is the one not made yet!
I think there is more than one not made yet, so you'll have to be more precise. :tu:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

All considered, I voted Ableton Live.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

SLiC wrote:The poll will give you an indication of;

1. What people are actualy using (as that's what people vote for)
2. The readership of the website (a poll held at gearslutz or by SOS will probably give different results)
3. The type of DAW users who can be bothered to vote in polls!

Has anyone ever done any proper research on number of users (general) and number of profesional users (people who make their living with music) I am not saying this is an indication of a better DAW (although perhaps the later) but issue 1. Seems to scew all polls to fruity loops /reaper as they are very cheap and accesable.
:tu: Fully agree.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Has anyone ever done any proper research on number of users (general) and number of profesional users (people who make their living with music)
Afaict, that data is mostly inaccessible partly because most of the companies aren't public companies and even some who are maybe don't publish detailed sales figures for every individual product, maybe more for divisions of a company. I do often see people faking it though, using Google search results and similar random other things and coming up with what are largely fake and likely very inaccurate results. :hihi:

There are companies out there who compile (or will compile) reports like that, which while maybe still not being 100% definitive, would be way more accurate than people on music forums guessing at it, but they aren't cheap. I saw a similar report for non-linear video editors and it cost $5k.

By and large, if you do a legitimate poll of people actually making a living with music (and not doing anything else for a living, exclude part timers and hobbyists), for every category, production, studio engineering, whatever, I'd be surprised if PT still didn't come out on top.

If you poll more casual users, like the poll in question, likely not.

At $1500 or whatever it costs, you aren't going to find many Music Radar people using things like Nuendo. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”