FL Studio 12.4 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition FL Studio Mobile

See for me, I'm not feeling the love by those. Please allow me to explain:

-Ctrl-B: My expected behavior is that this would work IF highlighted. Also, that if you select a group of notes, that it would be copied to the next part of the pattern. That's kinda backwards to me.

-Select Tool: Ctrl works best for me here. Having to hit an extra button and then hit other button to go back seems really behind. Btw, using ctrl/right click/shift to copy/drag is more in line with how I'd expect a behavior. Glad we have options.

-Alt-X: Have I explained just how much I hate these pop up windows that take focus away yet? :hihi: If it's not what you want, you have to hit reset, then manually get rid of it. Besides, they never do what I want them to do.

Speaking of a couple of things, why is there not a "smart tool" (or why haven't I found it yet if there is one :ud: )

They locked the 12.4.1 thread, so I thought I'd just post here:

Anyone else get a clean-sweep when installing the newest while making sure you checked "merge" ???

incubus wrote:They locked the 12.4.1 thread, so I thought I'd just post here:

Anyone else get a clean-sweep when installing the newest while making sure you checked "merge" ???
Nope

I wonder what I did wrong.

Man, some serious shit borked by me updating :x

All of my projects are now templates, which they were not before :nutter:

incubus wrote:Man, some serious shit borked by me updating :x

All of my projects are now templates, which they were not before :nutter:
Wow, you did, or the installer, did something wrong....weird.

I would write the tech support about this.

Recommended to uninstall before updating? Last time I tried to update "over the top" of the previous version (was advised to), it didn't work properly.. it didn't like the same install folder as the previous version and in the end I had to just install it separately.

I'll tell you one thing, now that I'm growing a brain and getting it together, there are some dandy aspects to working with this.

The ipad really helps with workflow. Locking controllers is brilliant for somethings, and getting a song going is starting to be a breeze.

One thing that has noting to do with 12.4 is I picked up Harmor on a cheap sale months ago. What I didn't understand is how good it is at doing your own samples/loops and the added musical element that brings. That is my primary focus right now.

EDIT: Grrrrrrr! I was going to get a launchkey mini today to compliment controllers for 79 bucks and just since last night they went back up to 99 AND they don't have it in stock locally. :roll:

I'll look online but controllers are so fickle, I'd hate to have to ship it back if needed. :bang:

I found this tutorial:
https://www.askvideo.com/course/fl-stud ... -fl-studio

It's for v11, but I like a lot how he explains the workflow with keyboard shortcuts (from the review videos). I think I'm going to buy it next discount.

I already have Harmor tutorial from the same website and it's a very good one. Harmor is a complex synth and has its own workflow, but it's damn powerful! The tutorial helped me understand it better.

Edit:
Actually, I've just checked and I could buy it for $9.75 USD by applying this coupon: 16blowoutAV50 but I don't know for how long it would stay valid. The same website seems interchangeable with MacVideoPro. I can see the tutorials on both websites as well!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”