Producers, are you faithful to your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been on Live for a while now. Previously Logic 9 but I don't have a mac anymore so that's a good reason for not going back. I can convince myself that I embrace Ableton's philosophy to music making but the more likely reason is that I'm too dumb to learn something new as I get thrown by the simplest of things at times.

On the PDC my understanding from memory is...
Automation of any plugin (Ableton or third party) is compensated
The internal clock sync'd controls of Ableton devices are compensated e.g. LFO on Auto Filter , but not for 3rd party plugins e.g. Xfer LFO tool will see a delayed audio stream.
I don't think the meters are delay compensated.

I've been with Renoise since the beginning. Occasionally flirt a bit with Reaper.

Oh oh!

I'm switching to Cubase right the f**k now.

after being with Reaper since version 0.4x I am almost certainly going to Sonar. I consider that pretty faithful to Reaper really and rather than think of this as a divorce it is more that Reaper has become so incoherent and difficult to use if one works across very varied projects that I consider it more of a moving on after a loved one has passed away.

Codestation wrote:I'm switching to Cubase right the f**k now.
:lol:

You guys and your "asian girl" thing :hihi:

woggle wrote:I am almost certainly going to Sonar.
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

incubus wrote:
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha - why? It seems pretty good and the forum is helpful and there are plenty of youtube tutes. The other option is Samplitude which is "winning" as of this afternoon, but Sonar seems good.

I finally settled into Cubase after bouncing around millions of times. It just does everything I would want it to do.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

No, I'm not faithful at all. Ever since Logic left me in 2001 for some rich American dude, I've become cynical and bitter. All DAWs are the same. They only want one thing. And when someone better comes along, they just up and leave. They're all bitches and not to be trusted. Now I relish my freedom and just play around with whatever DAW I fancy (as long as the others aren't looking).

I guess you could say I've become a DAW slut.

;)

I'm faithful to Cubase...for now.

Eventually I plan to get one of the Kyma devices, hopefully Pacarana to get my hands on some nice algorithms that Kyma X has to offer. I'm not sure though whenever Kyma X can be considered as a DAW... but it's something like that.

First time I read Pacarena... :hihi:

e@rs wrote:First time I read Pacarena... :hihi:
Haha, yup I'm not sure why they like to name them after rodents. Capybara... Paca... Pacarana. However if you buy Pacarana + Paca or more of either one, it will be in a package called "Blackhole". But black holes aren't giant rodents, so I'm not sure what to make of it...

woggle wrote:
incubus wrote:
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha - why? It seems pretty good and the forum is helpful and there are plenty of youtube tutes. The other option is Samplitude which is "winning" as of this afternoon, but Sonar seems good.
All I can do is wish you luck. Seriously, I'm not trying to be offensive :)

Orbit-50 wrote:I finally settled into Cubase after bouncing around millions of times. It just does everything I would want it to do.
Awesome! That is all anyone should want. As long as it's stable and helps you with your endeavors.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”